Thread: Today's Attempted Knapsack Snatching

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
This blog is moderated by TejanoLibre

Apparently the victim also has " Christina / Chavez pretzel logic ".

" Global_Degree 1 point 9 days ago.

I actually had been warned to be careful. It was in La Boca. It was my fault that it happened but the outcome is a pretty intense little piece of footage. ".

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    But that's true! You tempted the poor scum sucking bottom feeder to commit a crime that he would never have committed if you had protected your valuables with a few bouncing bettys on trip wires and a squad of sharpshooters! So its OBVIOUSLY your fault! Thats Cristina / Chavez pretzel logic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    There is something in the South and Central American law enforcement DNA that I have never been able to understand or figure out. The victim is somehow guilty if the property in question was "mal quidado" (badly or poorly watched or looked after). Go figure.

Tres3.
    But that's true! You tempted the poor scum sucking bottom feeder to commit a crime that he would never have committed if you had protected your valuables with a few bouncing bettys on trip wires and a squad of sharpshooters! So its OBVIOUSLY your fault! Thats Cristina / Chavez pretzel logic!

Apparently much less informed than you really think.

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comme...fg0p?context=3

http://www.reddit.com/user/Global_Degree

http://gopro.com/support/articles/how-to-apply-for-a-sponsorship

He specifically admitted to knowing exactly what the guy was saying. The he went on to say he had a hard drive with gopro footage and then went on to say he had 4000 dollars worth of equipment in the backpack. And yes they are sponsored by gopro, among other companies. That is their story line. They had the idea and then got a bunch of sponsors lined up to fund it. Hence why the footage is so important to them. Anyway. This grew boring. Believe what you will.

http://mashable.com/2014/09/17/gopro-robbery-biker/

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    He took off his helmet off after he got away so he could run faster, not for a close up.

He says nothing of the kind on Reddit, he's got a Youtube channel called Global Degree and he's trying to travel to every country on Earth before he's 30. He's not going into dangerous areas for go pro he was on a bike tour. Did you make up the part about being sponsored by GoPro? Because it's not on any of his media, or did they pay him just to write "caught on a GoPro" when he posted it?" He was in one of those big bike tours which probably covered exactly the same bike path everyday since he shot that.

Actually I am fairly well informed

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    Apparently you don't know the facts. This guy is sponsored by gopro to go to dangerous places around the world and film himself there. Its like a dare. And gopro gets the " extreme " branding its looking for. The guy was biking in La Boca, of all places, for a reason. Thats why if you see the video. The idiot takes off his helmet and films his face while running away. Who the fcuk does that? Seriously. Gopro got good publicity and this idiot got paid. He will probably be filming in the slums of Mumbai before next week. I wonder how you say amigo amigo amigo in hindu? Hahaha. He wasnt an average tourist. If he was, I would only half heartedly denounce his stupidity while making a slight reference to Darwin. If you read his reddit posts. He knew exactly what the thief was asking for. He just said he had a hard drive in his backpack with " extremely valuable " content (that he was getting paid to film) and so he played dumb and risked his own life for it. You can feel sorry for this guy. Its a free country. But I reserve my sympathy for someone who really deserves it.

And I'm not blaming him for getting robbed. I'm blaming him for being an idiot. Getting robbed can happen to anyone. Setting yourself up as a mark and then begging the robber to shoot you, all to protect some gopro videos, well that's an entirely different level of stupid.

Hes lucky he didn't get killed. You know as well as I do these thieves, 99% of the time, will shoot you dead on the spot for a cell phone.
    He took off his helmet off after he got away so he could run faster, not for a close up.

He says nothing of the kind on Reddit, he's got a Youtube channel called Global Degree and he's trying to travel to every country on Earth before he's 30. He's not going into dangerous areas for go pro he was on a bike tour. Did you make up the part about being sponsored by GoPro? Because it's not on any of his media, or did they pay him just to write "caught on a GoPro" when he posted it?" He was in one of those big bike tours which probably covered exactly the same bike path everyday since he shot that.

Cure

You cannot cure stupid!

Tres3.

Apparently you don't know the facts. This guy is sponsored by gopro to go to dangerous places around the world and film himself there. Its like a dare. And gopro gets the " extreme " branding its looking for. The guy was biking in La Boca, of all places, for a reason. Thats why if you see the video. The idiot takes off his helmet and films his face while running away. Who the fcuk does that? Seriously. Gopro got good publicity and this idiot got paid. He will probably be filming in the slums of Mumbai before next week. I wonder how you say amigo amigo amigo in hindu? Hahaha. He wasnt an average tourist. If he was, I would only half heartedly denounce his stupidity while making a slight reference to Darwin. If you read his reddit posts. He knew exactly what the thief was asking for. He just said he had a hard drive in his backpack with " extremely valuable " content (that he was getting paid to film) and so he played dumb and risked his own life for it. You can feel sorry for this guy. Its a free country. But I reserve my sympathy for someone who really deserves it.

And I'm not blaming him for getting robbed. I'm blaming him for being an idiot. Getting robbed can happen to anyone. Setting yourself up as a mark and then begging the robber to shoot you, all to protect some gopro videos, well that's an entirely different level of stupid.

Hes lucky he didn't get killed. You know as well as I do these thieves, 99% of the time, will shoot you dead on the spot for a cell phone.

I'm pretty sure he was on a bike tour because he wasn't by himself. The people getting paid were the tour guides. If they told him to take his gopro off (as I would have) then yeah he's got a part but blaming the victim of a robbery is always fucked up.

Mal Quidado

I'm pretty sure he was on a bike tour because he wasn't by himself. The people getting paid were the tour guides. If they told him to take his gopro off (as I would have) then yeah he's got a part but blaming the victim of a robbery is always fucked up.
    There is something in the South and Central American law enforcement DNA that I have never been able to understand or figure out. The victim is somehow guilty if the property in question was "mal quidado" (badly or poorly watched or looked after). Go figure.

Tres3.

Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by BadMan  [View Original Post]
    The thief was a douchebag and so was that backpacker. Trying to film in poor neighborhoods known for high crime rates just to prove he could all while wearing thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Stupid ass. Hes lucky he didn't get shot. Hes also getting paid to take these risks as well. The thief should be in jail for his crime. But that gopro douchebag deserves no sympathy.

Yeah. Bienvenidos a Argentina. Now take your ass back to canada before you get shot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

I learn something new every day

My first trip to BA was, well OK I can't really remember but the peso was 3-1 for dollars. I don't remember the name of my hotel but it was a 3 star and very cheap. P4 p was so cheap one night I paid 4 girls to come to my hotel. Can't remember what I paid but at the time I thought it was a bargain. Reading this site daily for the last several years and making at least 4 trips to BA a year with trips to MVD in-between life is good.

First of all the blue exchange rate has changed everything. I wish I could remember the prices on my first trip but I can't. Overall considering there inflation rate I do think prices are better today than that first visit.

BA seems to be the bargain travel destination of the world. Believe me I study this daily. Sophia Bulgaria was always my favorite. On my first visit I was very suprised at the beauty of the women. I expected to see husky, potato chomping, girls that were not attractive. Just the opposite. My first trip to Bulgaria was when there soccer team beat Greece for the world cup. How exciting. The party went on all night.

Ok I guess I'm just rambling. I have a few personal things to take care of but on this visit I plan to spend our winter in BA. I hope I run across some of you guys on my visit.

HR.

The thief was a douchebag and so was that backpacker. Trying to film in poor neighborhoods known for high crime rates just to prove he could all while wearing thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Stupid ass. Hes lucky he didn't get shot. Hes also getting paid to take these risks as well. The thief should be in jail for his crime. But that gopro douchebag deserves no sympathy.

Yeah. Bienvenidos a Argentina. Now take your ass back to canada before you get shot.

So the douchebag that started all of this, no not TL, the douchebag on the moto was on TV. My friend told me that the only reason he tried to rob the guy was because he wanted to give his son a backpack for his birthday and that he lost his job due to the video and it was all the fault of the Canadian for posting it.

I'm thinking, "hmmmm next time maybe sell the gun and just buy your kid a backpack. ".

Just saying.

This whole thing has turned into a fucking commercial for every villero to get a pistol and rob tourists.

Rob a tourist, get arrested and released within 4 hours then go on TV and blame the bastard that had the fucking nerve to film you trying to rob him.

Bienvanidos a Argentina.

Cnn

This Guy and his dumb friends wanted to do something we thought about doing when we were young. An adventure trip.

Bicycle trip filming as we would do on our travels, but did not check out the dangers of each country.

Luckily he did not get shot or his friends.

So the douchebag that started all of this, no not TL, the douchebag on the moto was on TV. My friend told me that the only reason he tried to rob the guy was because he wanted to give his son a backpack for his birthday and that he lost his job due to the video and it was all the fault of the Canadian for posting it.

I'm thinking, "hmmmm next time maybe sell the gun and just buy your kid a backpack. ".

Just saying.

This whole thing has turned into a fucking commercial for every villero to get a pistol and rob tourists.

Rob a tourist, get arrested and released within 4 hours then go on TV and blame the bastard that had the fucking nerve to film you trying to rob him.

Bienvanidos a Argentina.

Back to the subject at hand

Just saying.

Bienvanidos a Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Not withstanding the stupidity of incarcerating anyone for any drug "crime"...

I've got some shocking news for you and the author of that article: All inmates (they HATE that term) working in any jail or prison are volunteers. No inmate incarcerated in any facility in the USA can ever be compelled to work, and thus they are certainly not "slaves".

The fact is that they volunteer to work these jobs because they get paid, generally a pittance for working in custodial or maintenance jobs for the prison system, and a great deal more (relatively) if they work for a "for-profit" industry within the facility.

Many long-term convicts (the word they would prefer) manage to save several thousands of dollars working in prison industries during their sentences, money they are issued when they are released, no doubt facilitating their return to society.

Of course liberals would prefer that newly-released convicts be given money from the public treasury to start their post-incarceration life, but that's another conversation.
    Actually, liberals prefer that people get jobs to support themselves, rather than receive government support.

Further, your shocking news is in fact dead wrong. Many prisons have mandatory work requirements for able-bodied prisoners, due to state or federal laws.

Certainly, allowing or requiring prisoners to work has some potentially redeeming features, for prisoners and for taxpayers. But to the extent that companies are benefitting from cheap prison labor, there is no doubt this is yet another contributing factor to the stagnation of middle class wages, the availability of jobs, and the expansion of economic inequality in the US.

More

http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/419/video.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    WT,

I've got some shocking news for you and the author of that article: All inmates (they HATE that term) working in any jail or prison are volunteers. No inmate incarcerated in any facility in the USA can ever be compelled to work, and thus they are certainly not "slaves".

The fact is that they volunteer to work these jobs because they get paid, generally a pittance for working in custodial or maintenance jobs for the prison system, and a great deal more (relatively) if they work for a "for-profit" industry within the facility.

Many long-term convicts (the word they would prefer) manage to save several thousands of dollars working in prison industries during their sentences, money they are issued when they are released, no doubt facilitating their return to society.

Of course liberals would prefer that newly-released convicts be given money from the public treasury to start their post-incarceration life, but that's another conversation.

Thanks,

Jax.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    WT,

Thanks,

Jax.

Posting Limitations