Thread: Robbed, again.

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by DavieW
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 23  [View Original Post]
    That means that anything similar can happen anywhere in this city.
    Any where in this COUNTRY! There is no fear of being caught or paying for the crime. The gov't in power routinely pulls people out of jail to participate in "Pro K" events and demonstrations. Then a little later on they get "parolled early". The Government itself robs and plunders with impunity. Think YPF and El Rural!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe 23  [View Original Post]
    Holy sh#t!

Tell me about it. That's 50 yards from where I live FFS.

Holy sh#t!

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    It was actually Bernardo de Irigoyen with Belgrano, in broad daylight, late afternoon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe 23 For This Post:

It was actually Bernardo de Irigoyen with Belgrano, in broad daylight, late afternoon.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

And when?

Not me this time, but I witnessed a horrible mugging yesterday. The most violent robbery I've ever seen.
    At around what time of the day did this happen?

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was at 12 noon. Anything can happen here.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe 23 For This Post:

Not me this time, but I witnessed a horrible mugging yesterday. The most violent robbery I've ever seen.

I was in a taxi with my little boy on 9 de Julio. We stopped at a traffic light with one car in front of us with an elderly couple in it. Two thugs armed with tyre levers just walked up to the front windows, jemmied them open with the tyre levers (with extreme violence) , landed a couple of punches to both the man and woman and made a grab for jewelry, phones etc. They got quite a heavy chain off the guys neck by just repeatedly pulling at it, banging his head against the half open window and all but cutting his throat in the process. They then sauntered off, laughing at each other.

It was a truly horrific scene, but all I could think was "thank f*k it wasn't us", with a very British sense of guilt that I wasn't able to do anything to help. I would like to think that if I was actually driving a car myself I would have run one of the scumbags over.
    Yikes! What was the cross street?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Star For This Post:

Jesus!

I was in a taxi with my little boy on 9 de Julio. We stopped at a traffic light with one car in front of us with an elderly couple in it. Two thugs armed with tyre levers just walked up to the front windows, jemmied them open with the tyre levers (with extreme violence) , landed a couple of punches to both the man and woman and made a grab for jewelry, phones etc. They got quite a heavy chain off the guys neck by just repeatedly pulling at it, banging his head against the half open window and all but cutting his throat in the process. They then sauntered off, laughing at each other.

It was a truly horrific scene, but all I could think was "thank f*k it wasn't us", with a very British sense of guilt that I wasn't able to do anything to help. I would like to think that if I was actually driving a car myself I would have run one of the scumbags over.
    9 de Julio and what? I hope your boy didn't see too much of it. I am never hanging out with you, you're like a magnet for these guys or something. Nothing you could have, or should have done. First priority is the safety of your child which you would put in jepordy by going outside the cab.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Where this this take place
    Sorry, I missed this when you first asked it SS. You're going to laugh at me when I tell you.

*whispers*

It was on Florida. 0-50 block.

I know, I know, I brought that bit of bad karma on myself!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Laugh or cry

Davie I'm really sorry to hear this. You must have been a highwayman or something in another life and karma is catching up. With the kids being there just glad nobody got hurt.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Pepper Spray

One of our members got away using Pepper Spray in Cali, Colombia.

But he had to move out of his hotel on the strip, because a local did not like a foreigner doing what he did to stop himself from being robbed.

So, Carry Something.

Wasp Stray can shoot about 20 Feet.

Relentless!

Quote Originally Posted by Member #3320  [View Original Post]
    Davie W, I am sure some taxi drivers must be involved in this!
    Relentless yet Funny!

A New Whipping Boy!

Give him a break, even if he is a Yank!

TL.

Merry XXX-Mas to All!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Star  [View Original Post]
    Davie W, I am sure some taxi drivers must be involved in this!

In a more positive turn of events, it seems that when I connected my phone to my PC on Wednesday to download a particular photo, all my data was automatically copied to Dropbox, so I ain't lost anything.

It only does that because I haven't worked out how to turn that function off. Result!

:smiley:

In a more positive turn of events, it seems that when I connected my phone to my PC on Wednesday to download a particular photo, all my data was automatically copied to Dropbox, so I ain't lost anything.

It only does that because I haven't worked out how to turn that function off. Result!

:smiley:

Posting Limitations