Thread: Monger's Hall of Fame

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Big Boss Man

Monger's Hall of Fame

Jerry Buss, one of the greats, died today. I nominate him to the Hall. Here is an excerpt from an article on his lifestyle.

"Buss' private life is laissez-faire to a fault. Though he hopes to marry again and purports to be depressed by his failure to find the appropriate woman, he does most of his scouting in discos."I'm getting old, and I should be dating women 35 or 40," he says half apologetically."But I find they are so bitter and hate men so much that it doesn't allow for that big romantic shot. Maybe I'm immature, but I still want that." Buss estimates that he spends up to 80 hours working each week ("The life I lead makes it damn near impossible to love me") , eats out nearly every night, then heads for a disco to unwind."Let's say I walk into Pip's and select someone at random," he says."Chances are she'll be 23. You might say I should go to a church bake-off, but the way I meet people they tend to be very young. That tends to put a crimp in the relationship, especially because a lot of them have the social habits of today—dope. Ninety percent of them ask me for cocaine." (He says he is vehemently anti-drugs.)

Though Buss objects to the suggestion that he is a chauvinist ("That does a tremendous disservice to the single most loved person in my life: my mother") , he is known to keep a photo album filled with hundreds of pictures of women he has dated over the years."I felt it was an insult to take a woman out more than two or three times and not ask for a picture," he explains."After all, these are models and actresses—women who have portfolios." He shrugs."I'm fascinated by beautiful women and I love to undress them," he says."They're like a work of art. If that's chauvinistic, so be it." "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

Posting Limitations