This blog is moderated by TejanoLibre
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney  [View Original Post]
    Then invited WT69 and Big Boss Man to join me. Free beer, snacks, and hot bar girls all afternoon!
    It was a great day. Sydney is certainly persuasive or great at using sleight of hand for passing cash under the table because I did not see it. My only regret on the day was that afterwards I passed on the "Secretary" at Excedra and in the end I never had the pleasure. It would have made for a nice quicky before dinner at L'Alliance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

The PR Girls!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Don't know what was out on Sunday but the hunnys were there on Saturday.
    Must have been the PR Girls like RedBull, YPF, Stella, etc, walking around with umbrellas. Pretty nice!

TL.

The Best girls are at the Polo matches and the Argies are the best Polo players in the world so it's a great show.

Not just the PR girls but the girls in the stands with mucho pesos. Untouchable, they have their own pesos.

Sneak into the Stella Artois tent like Sidney and Exon did.

Was it Stella?

TL.

Oh my good gracious goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Labrador  [View Original Post]
    Jackson, while I was not there to see this thing they called a race, I did watch the youTube video that TL posted.. You are right, if you have been to a NASCAR race there is probably no comparison to this go cart race they had in BA.. Although as you probably know, the NASCAR races bring out a large number of very hot women (yeah some with no teeth.. But you get past those) that like to show off all their nice ass-etts.. I am curious is the race in BA brought out all the local hot Chica's..

Lab.
    Don't know what was out on Sunday but the hunnys were there on Saturday.

Agree.. NASCAR is Something to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Daddy Rulz and I circumnavigated the race course on foot on Saturday afternoon during the practice runs and couple of short races. There were very few decent vantage points in the areas free to the public, and I can imagine that it was worse on the race day itself. I wanted to pay for entrance to the viewing stands in the center area, but at the only access point on the concrete pedestrian bridge in front of the law school there was no method for buying tickets or otherwise gain access. I looked and never found any ticket booth or any place to buy tickets anywhere.

The races were okay, but I lived for years just a few miles from the Daytona International Speedway and over time I have attended dozens of stock car races. If you attend a Pepsi 400, Firecracker 400, or the Daytona 500 and stand near the track, you can feel under your feet the vibration of the cars as they come around the track, and the thunder of those big block V8's as they roar by. The high-pitched whine of the 4 cylinder motors in the BA races just isn't the same.

The TC2000 reminds me of Arena Football and indoor soccer: They've down-sized everything to make it cheaper, and they want to pretend that it's the same, but it's not.

Thanks,

Jackson.
    Jackson, while I was not there to see this thing they called a race, I did watch the youTube video that TL posted.. You are right, if you have been to a NASCAR race there is probably no comparison to this go cart race they had in BA.. Although as you probably know, the NASCAR races bring out a large number of very hot women (yeah some with no teeth.. But you get past those) that like to show off all their nice ass-etts.. I am curious is the race in BA brought out all the local hot Chica's..

Lab.

I watched it on TV

Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    Paint them yellow and black and it'll look like any other day on the streets of Bs As.
    I thought it was funny when the Renault (or Lowjack, or whatever) team drivers started ripping each others bumpers off.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Daddy Rulz and I circumnavigated the race course on foot on Saturday afternoon during the practice runs and couple of short races. There were very few decent vantage points in the areas free to the public, and I can imagine that it was worse on the race day itself. I wanted to pay for entrance to the viewing stands in the center area, but at the only access point on the concrete pedestrian bridge in front of the law school there was no method for buying tickets or otherwise gain access. I looked and never found any ticket booth or any place to buy tickets anywhere.

The races were okay, but I lived for years just a few miles from the Daytona International Speedway and over time I have attended dozens of stock car races. If you attend a Pepsi 400, Firecracker 400, or the Daytona 500 and stand near the track, you can feel under your feet the vibration of the cars as they come around the track, and the thunder of those big block V8's as they roar by. The high-pitched whine of the 4 cylinder motors in the BA races just isn't the same.

The TC2000 reminds me of Arena Football and indoor soccer: They've down-sized everything to make it cheaper, and they want to pretend that it's the same, but it's not.

Thanks,

Jackson.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    Paint them yellow and black and it'll look like any other day on the streets of Bs As.
    Only if they have passengers.

If they're empty, they'll drive like they all have arthritis.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger  [View Original Post]
    Watched it on TV- what a disaster. A 14 lap race? Come on. There was a wreck on lap 3 and they did not go green until lap 9. Then another on lap 13 and they finished under caution. On the first wreck, no tow truck came for 4 laps- WTF? On both wrecks, they had race officials with flags standing near the wreck and almost getting run over. Very amateurish on TV and it should have been 30-40 laps.
    I agree. Buenos Aires has a racing circuit that used to host a F1 Grand Prix during the 70's and 80's. It is a good circuit, that is used for racing in other car categories. This street car circuit does not make any sense: it is not safe enough, in the first place.

Watched it on TV- what a disaster. A 14 lap race? Come on. There was a wreck on lap 3 and they did not go green until lap 9. Then another on lap 13 and they finished under caution. On the first wreck, no tow truck came for 4 laps- WTF? On both wrecks, they had race officials with flags standing near the wreck and almost getting run over. Very amateurish on TV and it should have been 30-40 laps.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    These are da Bears, I mean da Cars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcxYqhtMhfA

It's free and it's cool and what else can we do on a 6 day Holiday without da Girls?

TL.
    It seems that there are VIP tickets being sold costing between 500 and 2500 ARS.

These are da Cars.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    This weekend there is a TC2000 Sreet Race in Recoleta.

http://agendacultural.buenosaires.go...la-ciudad/4281

Anybody want to go?

TL.

Qualifying. Sat.

Race. Sun.
    These are da Bears, I mean da Cars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcxYqhtMhfA

It's free and it's cool and what else can we do on a 6 day Holiday without da Girls?

TL.

TC2000 Street Race in Recoleta

This weekend there is a TC2000 Sreet Race in Recoleta.

http://agendacultural.buenosaires.go...la-ciudad/4281

Anybody want to go?

TL.

Qualifying. Sat.

Race. Sun.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Posting Limitations