This blog is moderated by Admin

Mercado Libre

When selling it's actually very, very easy to sell stuff extremely quickly, mainly because the locals are so ludicrously unrealistic.

I bought a new TV last Saturday, to be delivered on Monday. I went home and checked out what price my old TV was being 'sold' for on MercadoLibre. (OK, 'advertised' for on Mercado Libre!) It had cost 5500 pesos 3 years previously and people were trying to sell theirs for 5000 pesos. I advertised mine at 4000 pesos on Saturday evening and sold it on Sunday afternoon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canardly  [View Original Post]
    Anyone any experience selling on Mercado Libre in BA?

TIA Rick.
    Yep. Have made a few sales and purchases.

It's fine until something goes wrong. They are virtually IMPOSSIBLE to contact. I recently bought an item and when it arrived it was an inferior model to the one advertised. The vendor was full of sh1 t and after giving him every opportunity to refund me the money I was left with no other option than to raise a 'dispute'. I eventually got a reply from MercadoPago (the payment carrier for MercadoLibre) telling me to return the item to the vendor within 48 hours or they'd automatically find in his favour. Something I really didn't want to do without doing a direct exchange for the money, but they gave me no choice. I also had to fax them a copy of the receipt from the courier. It took them 7 days to acknowledge the receipt of the receipt and they then proceeded to give the vendor various options to make things right. During which time I sent them 7 unanswered messages. They did eventually agree that I should be refunded the cost of the item (but not the cost of returning the item by courier!) and let me know that I should see it in my account in NOT MORE THAN 60 DAYS. (Still haven't got it).

And just to add insult to injury, thanks to the length of time it took MercadoPago to sort it out, I was not allowed to leave him negative feedback. So I left feedback that was classed as 'neutral' but with the written part obviously negative. He then requested MercadoLibre to ask me to reconsider. I said 'no' so they removed the feedback entirely.

Very unpleasant experience all round.

And far from an isolated incident. Have a look round on google if your Spanish is up to it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavieW For This Post:

Buying and Selling on mercadolibre.com

Anyone any experience selling on Mercado Libre in BA?

TIA Rick.

Buying and Selling on mercadolibre.com

Posting Limitations