Thread: Spanish S.O.S

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Nikki
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki  [View Original Post]
    **Sigh** I love politics, but I donñt know a lot about US politics, and here, oh well, you know here, the queen, the s**t, I would just curse a lot heheheh.
    I think there is a thread here on Argentine politics, if you can't find it start a new one.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandolf50 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Most people on this board speak only a little spanish. At the same time, there are many threads and very few see a lot of posting. Unless of course you want to discuss politics.
    **Sigh** I love politics, but I donñt know a lot about US politics, and here, oh well, you know here, the queen, the s**t, I would just curse a lot heheheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki  [View Original Post]
    I see very little interest in this topic... Maybe everybody is fluent in Spanish already or just speaks the language of love.
    Most people on this board speak only a little spanish. At the same time, there are many threads and very few see a lot of posting. Unless of course you want to discuss politics.

I see very little interest in this topic... Maybe everybody is fluent in Spanish already or just speaks the language of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]

Jackson's shit eating, kunt lapping, butt fucking auto correct software has now apparently decided that anyone who talks about the star that is the center of our solar system will now be assumed to be abbreviating the seventh day of the week, thereby attaining a new all time low.

So fix that and I will see you all in a few years.
    Rotflol, this was like a pice of poetry! Come on Dickman, don't let it leave you out.

As a side note, another local slang word for head is " balero " (cup-and-ball) It is a bit old fashioned, but you can still hear it in tango circles.

Hmm. 'Country dawn' or the Sun. Coming up over the horizon and looking like a big head and shoulders? Like the shape of an upside down mate? That's about as close as I can come to that one. Perhaps a cultural difference would be that in some other cultures they might possibly not remind you constantly of your physical shortcomings. The official forum pelotudo, Caricosa, talked so lovingly about how Argies call each other midget and darkie and fatty and skinny and all of that. This is an example of the Argentine tendency to worship cultural elements that actually suck.

[Forum Complaint deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: The general posting sections of the Forum are not the place to voice your personal complaints about the Forum's rules or operating procedures. In the future, please send any complaints about the Forum to me personally by email or PM, or post them in the Comment on Forum Rules section. Thanks!

I meant I think 'sabiola' came from 'sabio.' 'Mate' is a new one for head, but I am imagining one upside down and you do kind of have the head, the neck, and the shoulders.
    Mate is an old expression. It's quite common to call someone with a big head "Amanecer en el campo" the reason: "Puro mate".

I meant I think 'sabiola' came from 'sabio.' 'Mate' is a new one for head, but I am imagining one upside down and you do kind of have the head, the neck, and the shoulders.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Whereas sabio / a also means intelligent or knowledgeable.
    Yes, sabio would be the correct word. Bocho is just colloquial.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    Bocho is also commonly used as intelligent such as in "El es un bocho" He is intelligent. Other common words for head are sabiola,
    Whereas sabio / a also means intelligent or knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Because some of us know an Andres. If this is true Aqualung (and I have no doubt it is) why in the world would anybody ever name a boy child Andres here? I used to think chicas were telling me they were being faithful to one of our brother on this board. LOL
    I can't help it but when someone introduces me to an Andres I visualize him dripping blood all over the place but that's no worse than naming a boy Richard knowing that sooner or later he's going to be called Dick!

And if you get tired of using 'cabeza' for head you can go with 'bocho.' ¡No seas gil, usá el bocho!
    Bocho is also commonly used as intelligent such as in "El es un bocho" He is intelligent. Other common words for head are sabiola, mate, cucusa, sesera. There are many more but not so commonly used now. You can find many of them in tango lyrics.

And if you get tired of using 'cabeza' for head you can go with 'bocho.' ¡No seas gil, usá el bocho!

'Para evitar el aborto,
    Coger por el orto.'

That is a famous poem by Alfonsina Storni, I think.

The funniest graffiti I ever saw in Argentina, at eye level over a mass urinal:

'Hermano:
    Qué nunca tengas en el orto la que ya tenés en la mano.'

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Cabeza

This is one interesting piece of slang.

Cabeza= Head.

Cabeza. Slang= refers to trash, as in white trash.

So if anybody calls you for example gordo cabeza, gringo cabeza, etc, they are not being nice or friendly.

There are some wildcards when you curse and this is one of them. Another common one, apart from the well known " de mierda" is " del orto ". These two mean " fucking " as in fucking idiot.

Mix and match.

Oh, it's true, Daddy. I remember one time that nasty chick from Exedra that always wore the cowboy hat said that to me after I introduced myself, assuming I would not know what it meant. Of course, I did. What a skank.
    There you go, Argentine customer service at its best!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikki For This Post: