Thread: Best Empanadas in BA

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Red Raider

La Americana in Balvanera, Callao/Bte. Mitré

So far, the best empanadas I've had in the Balvanera/Congreso area. It was recommended to me by Porteño friends.

Peron Peron, Viva Peron!

https://www.facebook.com/ElPeronPeron

This is not only the empanadas, but the whole thing it's like being transported to a different place, in palermo, small place, low chairs, a new experience.

I could not say if these are the BEST empanadas, since I'm not an empanadero but definitely it's something to try.

They have unique type of empanadas like the osobuco and Deer, among others.

La Paceña

Forget downtown BA, head over to Belgrano. http://lapacena.com/ I don't live in BA anymore, and this is one of the few things I sorely miss (I've had the ones from La Morada several times btw).

Parrilla Pena

Beef empanada, here is tops, 13p per. Rodriguez Pena 682 at Viamonte.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider  [View Original Post]
    La Morada on 778 H.Yrigoyen at Piedras and Chacaburo (a few blocks from Intercontinental HoteL) has the best empanadas.

Only open till 3 pm and is packed from 12-2, also only open M-F. Can order to go if too crowded. All are made fresh to order. 12 types. I like Muzz. Tom. Why Albahaca and Jason why Queso the best. For four it cost 36 p. Awesome lunch cheap. Save your money for Poon.
    Those are indeed good. They have another restaurant on Larrea between Juncal and French in Recoleta, I get mine there.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikki For This Post:

Best Empanadas in BA

La Morada on 778 H.Yrigoyen at Piedras and Chacaburo (a few blocks from Intercontinental HoteL) has the best empanadas.

Only open till 3 pm and is packed from 12-2, also only open M-F. Can order to go if too crowded. All are made fresh to order. 12 types. I like Muzz. Tom. Why Albahaca and Jason why Queso the best. For four it cost 36 p. Awesome lunch cheap. Save your money for Poon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Red Raider For This Post:

Posting Limitations