Thread: AP House poker game

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz
    I'd be in, with a personal preference for Holdem tournaments (6 to 10-handed, 1st and 2nd get paid). You could get through 2 or 3 per session, 100-200 pesos inscription. The max you could be down is 300-600 pesos.

Never played cash games, but would also give it a go if that was the preference, although I think cash games would need to be 'limit' rather than 'no-limit'.

I'd say BYOB, and contributions for snacks? Saturday nights perfect for me.

I've got 400 never-used chips and some unopened packs of cards I could contribute to the cause.

AP House poker game

Jackson and I have been talking about this for awhile so I thought I would start making the moves.

I'm thinking about starting a poker night at the AP house. It would be either Saturday or Sunday night so as not to interfere with mongering. I original thought Sunday nights but Football is just around the corner so Saturday's might be better.

My thoughts on the game are 6-10 guys playing 4-6 hours. I'm thinking of Hold um of course but maybe some dealers choice but from a list of games, Omaha, Omaha High Low, 5 card draw, 7 stud, but no stupid lottery games. I like semi serious poker so I don't want it to be super low stakes because we want people playing decent poker, but we don't want anybody getting hurt badly. In a holdum game I'm thinking 5-10 (pesos) blinds, that's along the lines of a 1-2 game in the states.

It could be deal your own or maybe we could consider getting a dealer and letting them work for tips and a kitty we could toss into. Most likely it would be deal ourselves at first.

Refreshments could go either way, BYOB or I could get some stuff and those playing could throw in. The house isn't looking to earn off this game but there will certainly be a nominal charge going to the clean up crew. Regarding drinking, I'm looking for a serious yet friendly game, so anybody that might get a little tanked will be dealt out.

This isn't a thing yet, this is more along the lines of an exploratory post. Is anybody interested? What kind of games would you like? Hire a dealer or not? What about the stakes? The drinks? Food? Saturday or Sunday? I'm partial to cash games but we could do tournaments. You know the 100 things that have to be decided before doing something like this.

PM me or respond here if you're interested.

Posting Limitations