Thread: El Estrebe Parilla

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Judd
    I vouch for this place. It used to be even better a few years ago, but still very good.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikki For This Post:

El Estrebe Parilla

2475 Pena. Cross Street Pueyreddon. This restaurant is real close to the Apt where I'm staying. I've been there twice, and it has been excellent both times. Traditional looking Parilla. The waitress was very nice, and even spoke a little English. First night, I had the grilled pork chops (bondiolla). Great flavor and cooked perfectly. It had that nice char, but not over cooked on the inside. Went there for lunch a day or two later. I had the Bife De Chorizo Mariposa. It was excellent. One of the nice things was they brought out a chorizo free of charge possibly because it was taking a little longer to prepare the food. Garlic fries were also very good. For desert, I had the ice cream with brownie and chocolate + caramel sauce and walnuts. They did not skimp on the walnuts.

Prices for an enselada mixta, chorizo, bife de chorizo, bottle of wine, a couple of drinks, and a couple of cafes was about $350 pesos. Split this for two, and you're looking at no more the $25 USD for a fantastic meal.

Late,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Judd For This Post:

Posting Limitations