Thread: Trayvon Martin - George Zimmerman

+ Submit Report
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by DavieW
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    As a subject of the Crown DavieW has neither First Amendment, nor Second Amendment rights but rather privileges. They have some bizarre rules for freedom of expression over there according to the Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom...United_Kingdom

Is all that stuff true? That's more complicated than the US Tax Code.
    Wow! That really is pretty difficult to decipher isn't it? Although this part rang some bells - "prohibition of post-trial interviews with jurors" - that'll explain why it felt so wrong to see the post-trial interviews with the jurors in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Yes Davie is the perfect liberal
    Can you even read?

when he is losing the argument
    Quote me an example of an argument I lost. (Clue. There are actually a couple, but I admitted to losing those. You won't find them though!)

Davie, the "more than 6 people" was a joke
    Please could you explain the humour in this: "Jackson, the line would be MUCH longer than just 6 people. I know at least three who live in BA full time not including you who would be in that line." (Clue. There isn't any. If you'd stopped after the first sentence and terminated it with an exclamation mark, I'd concede the humour. When you start going into detail it stops being humorous and just sounds sinister.).

And could you explain what's humorous about a blanket party? I've witnessed one, and was also called as a witness to the subsequent court martial. Neither the victim nor the assailants found it very funny.

The Typical Liberal

Yes Davie is the perfect liberal, no sense of humor and resorts to name calling and denigrating his opponents when he is losing the argument.

Davie, the "more than 6 people" was a joke just as Jackson's comment the line would be 6 people long was a joke.

I never heard of anyone at A&M dying from blanket party, but some enlisted folks did get carried away in the service though I never saw it myself.

Perhaps you just need a saber lick?

Your out of your element here Davie boy. Lighten up.

Chair, Point of information please.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSideburn  [View Original Post]
    your exercise of your first amendment rights in discussing the second with or without explicatives.
    As a subject of the Crown DavieW has neither First Amendment, nor Second Amendment rights but rather privileges. They have some bizarre rules for freedom of expression over there according to the Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom...United_Kingdom

Is all that stuff true? That's more complicated than the US Tax Code.

Resume arguing.

Excuse me, but

DavieW,

I have not really followed this thread too much lately as it got boring very fast. That said, please don't lump, "all who love their guns" into one pot and consider that most of us don't "love" our guns, but rather our Freedom and our Constitutional Right and Obligation to protect that Freedom against enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. I take you at your word that you are former military. If this is US military, then you took an oath to do the same. I think history teaches that it is impossible for people to be more than a speed bump to an oppressive totalitarian government, be they right or left, unless they have the right to and a critical mass that do bare arms. Personally, I will never be my or any other country's subject and will remain a citizen until the day I am buried, period. Some of us have spent our hard-earned dollars to ensure that we will not be speed bumps if the US is ever invaded by enemies from foreign lands or heaven forbid, its basic government / legal structure is threatened by domestic terrorists or others who wish to take away one group of citizen's rights in order to give them to another. I have no animosity at all toward you and would never wish you harm for your exercise of your first amendment rights in discussing the second with or without explicatives. I don't know most the others on the thread, but I suspect they are joking with you and seriously doubt you have anything to worry about. I am pretty sure no one goes to the parties to talk about politics.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    And there you have it. The people who love their guns eventually threaten to kill me, and being the fantasists that they are, also claim that everyone else wants to kill me. Now, I appreciate the humour in Jackson's post, but Doppelganger, having proved over and over again that he's got about half the smarts of my cat, is far more sinister.

So, I'm interested Doppelganger, why exactly would these 3 residents of BA want to kill me? (And let's assume 3. You've got absolutely no right whatsoever to include Jackson in with your pathetic mates, he's got a brain). Is it because I have a different opinion to them? Because I don't like US gun laws? What is it that makes me deserve to die? You know I'm Caucasian, right? And believe in predominantly right wing politics? And ex-military? Is it because I use profane language? Or that I'm a single father? Oh, is it because anybody who reads this thread and has more than a handful of brain cells will see that I've made you look like a bit of a twat? That would actually be very unfair. You've pretty much done that all by yourself!

Florida man shot in his front yard, why?

Jittery cops shot a man (black) who was reaching for cigarettes in his mother's car at the unfortunate time of around 2:30 am. When ask to retreat with his hands up: he,

(1) spin back too fast, and

(2) he had some kind of key chain that had a flashing light in his hands.

So the cops did not shoot to kill, or they were lousy marksmen, but the victim survived with shattered legs. But under American legal system, he will probably get a healthy compensation & damages package, be eligible for disability for life, and his mother will get a new car.

And the American dream gets fulfilled.

Blanket Party

there is always a blanket party.
    Spoken like a true Aggie.

Tres3.

And there you have it. The people who love their guns eventually threaten to kill me, and being the fantasists that they are, also claim that everyone else wants to kill me. Now, I appreciate the humour in Jackson's post, but Doppelganger, having proved over and over again that he's got about half the smarts of my cat, is far more sinister.

So, I'm interested Doppelganger, why exactly would these 3 residents of BA want to kill me? (And let's assume 3. You've got absolutely no right whatsoever to include Jackson in with your pathetic mates, he's got a brain). Is it because I have a different opinion to them? Because I don't like US gun laws? What is it that makes me deserve to die? You know I'm Caucasian, right? And believe in predominantly right wing politics? And ex-military? Is it because I use profane language? Or that I'm a single father? Oh, is it because anybody who reads this thread and has more than a handful of brain cells will see that I've made you look like a bit of a twat? That would actually be very unfair. You've pretty much done that all by yourself!

Nope

Jackson, the line would be MUCH longer than just 6 people. I know at least three who live in BA full time not including you who would be in that line.

But Davie should not be shot but kept around for comic relief, but there is always a blanket party.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    So you WILL let him in the house?

Look, make sure he reads this thread before I come over, so he can see the truth (that I believe he was rightly acquitted) rather than the bollocks being written by the nutters! ;-)
    Don't worry, I doubt he'll have an opportunity to shoot you, largely because he'll have to wait in line behind about 6 other guys.

ROTFLMAO!

Jax.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

This whole case is proof that history is always written by the victor.

Pure conjecture, but imagine if everything had unfolded exactly as it did up until the point that Zimmerman drew his weapon, but that Martin then got it off him and killed him with it. What do you think would have been the outcome of a trial?

I reckon there's a very good chance that Martin would have walked, with a self-defense plea. In fact I'd say that's pretty much a certainty, no?

No matter what happened in that 2 minutes, Martin claims that Zimmerman was the aggressor, but that he managed to wrestle the gun off him and shoot him. Plenty enough circumstantial evidence to provide reasonable doubt. It works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Okay, I was just kidding.
    So you WILL let him in the house?

Look, make sure he reads this thread before I come over, so he can see the truth (that I believe he was rightly acquitted) rather than the bollocks being written by the nutters! ;-)

As far as my avatar - it came from a little flourish on an F4D, so you just don't know what your talking about as usual but you did have presence of mind to Google it or know a bit of German.
    You're even going to have a go at me and make accusations and try and score points because I know what a doppelganger is?

Seriously man, you need help!

(You also don't know the meaning of the words 'avatar' or 'oxymoron', but I'm not going to beat you up over that. It's admirable that you tried, given your failed primary school education. ;-) )

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Fully expecting him to be serving at the carvery at the next AP house BBQ!

;-)
    What! No way I'm ever going to let that gun-crazed want-to-be cop in my house with a deadly weapon.

Hell, we've got Skittles and ice tea by the gallon over there. There's no telling what might set that nut case off.

Okay, I was just kidding.

One thing for sure though: Nobody has ever tried to sucker-punch me while I was wielding that carving knife.

Jax.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Check the record

If you were to check the record regarding little Trayvon you would realize he already had a few victims.

Wow, "moral high ground", coming from you that is an oxymoron.

As far as my avatar - it came from a little flourish on an F4D, so you just don't know what your talking about as usual but you did have presence of mind to Google it or know a bit of German.

Rave on Davie, Rave on.

Posting Limitations