Thread: Busquebus and Colonia

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Boston
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    But the price also used to be higher online. Higher price + (fucked exchanged rate X fees from your CC company). Convenience of doing it online=Going to the ticket office and buying there. (For me).
    Thanks Guys, I think I just saved some money.

I don't know if they still do

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    If you buy your ticket at the downtown office, you can pay cash in pesos and take advantage of the exchange rate. If you buy online with a credit card that is denominated in dollars, you will receive the official rate, less whatever the credit card company charges. Some credit cards are pretty onerous. They charge both a currency conversion fee and a foreign transaction fee.

Tres3.
    But the price also used to be higher online. Higher price + (fucked exchanged rate X fees from your CC company). Convenience of doing it online=Going to the ticket office and buying there. (For me).

Seacat

The easiest and cheapest way to commute to Colonia is by buying your tickets through Seacat ...the broker's office is located on Cordoba 722 at Esmeralda (4322-9555)...the tickets are about half price for a round trip 352 pesos... I go about every two or three weeks...best value... You will need your passport or DNI to purchase the tickets and they are non-refundable...good luck...

BTW..you go on the Buquebus Ferry from the BuqueBus Terminal at the same ferry times... I think Seacat is a ticket consolidator...regardless its much cheaper and pay in pesos...

Ferry to Colonia

If you buy your ticket at the downtown office, you can pay cash in pesos and take advantage of the exchange rate. If you buy online with a credit card that is denominated in dollars, you will receive the official rate, less whatever the credit card company charges. Some credit cards are pretty onerous. They charge both a currency conversion fee and a foreign transaction fee.

Tres3.

Uruguay

Do a search and you will find a lot of information that has been posted on this forum.

Tres3.

Busquebus and Colonia

Going soon and I want to ask my fellow mongers for some info on visiting Colonia for the day. Is it easier just to go to the terminal a few days before and buy a round trip ticket for the day or should I book on the web? It seems like the prices I have been seeing on the web are in Uruguay pesos. Any differences in classes shown? I want to get the fast boat so I would think for an hour or so the cheaper ticket would be ok. Any advantage to joining a tour there or is it small enough to just do it on your own? OK, last thing. A good recommendation for lunch while there.

Thanks in advance.

Posting Limitations