Thread: AP House Football

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz

Of course, my issue is watching Ram games

Most guys in BA are not Ram fans and it created conflict on which game to watch. It would have been worse this year because the Rams are in LA and are always the second game. I was right about the Rams returning to LA. They squeezed all the money they could out of the St Louis market. Kroenke, who I think is the second richest owner, as part of the deal, gave the other owners free office space for NFL.com and NFL Network. Of course , by making the move, Ram team value increased 75% in one year according to Forbes. I don't think Kroenke is selling though.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    BBM was talking about The Great N.F.L .

Not Girlie Ball.

The soccer games can easily be viewed and unfortunately there are games almost everyday of the year but the NFL games are closely guarded and blocked.

Mr. BBM,

You are welcome to use my NFL.com subscription if I am not using it at the same time.

I think?

Works great down here. Maybe $200.00 bucks for the entire season plus you can rewind like 5 years worth of games.

Thanks ,

TL.
    TL, I was initially speaking of the NFL. If you have the login info for a basic cable subscription, you should be able to see the nationally televised games. I get NFL in HD for free (over-the-air) but, I use the online service to watch EPL...

The N.F.L

Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    Find a (good) friend with a cable subscription in the USA. Use their log in information to get all of their cable programming, online. I use my ex's to watch premier league football...I hope she doesn't read this...

If you run into a problem with location, use an app to disguise your location to be in the USA.
    BBM was talking about The Great N.F.L .

Not Girlie Ball.

The soccer games can easily be viewed and unfortunately there are games almost everyday of the year but the NFL games are closely guarded and blocked.

Mr. BBM,

You are welcome to use my NFL.com subscription if I am not using it at the same time.

I think?

Works great down here. Maybe $200.00 bucks for the entire season plus you can rewind like 5 years worth of games.

Thanks ,

TL.

Find a (good) friend with a cable subscription in the USA. Use their log in information to get all of their cable programming, online. I use my ex's to watch premier league football...I hope she doesn't read this...

If you run into a problem with location, use an app to disguise your location to be in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    You would think that Obama could find a way to tax the rich so the rest of us could have free football.

So I am down to four choices.

1) Buy NFL Gamepass for $300 for three games.

2) Buy a Slingbox. However I discovered my upload speed is only. 69 GBPS which is below the HiDef quality standard. It is not clear if I buy a new modem that the speed will increase.

3) Buy a VPN connection for one month at $6. 95 so I can use my Sunday Ticket subscription. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/.

4) Go to the bar where I will end up drunk in afternoon.
    The commissioner of the NFL makes something like $25 million a year. You can't pay the commissioner that much dough if you give away the product...

Dark clouds hang over Los Angeles this morning

They portend another inglourious year of Los Angeles football.

The first game was painful.

Congratulations to Texas A&M.

UCLA needs to work on its execution. I think they changed to a pro style offense to help the quarterback's NFL career. Last year Rosen never took a snap from under center.

It was interesting that Texas A&M had UCLA's offensive coordinator from last year and the final play that beat UCLA was a basic spread offense quarterback option play.

I don't think this USC team will be able to stay with Alabama. I am hoping though.

Los Angeles versus the SEC on September 3, 2016

Well the summer of soccer is over. Tomorrow we get the real deal. Blue States vs Red States. Democrats versus Republicans. Who has the superior way of life? All decided during 210 minutes on the gridiron. UCLA versus Texas A&M followed immediately by USC versus Alabama. It is a great opening day of the college football season for LA.

In truth, USC is a Republican school but as a UCLA grad I only root against them one day a year. In fact, these days USC may be a Chinese school . I think they have the largest share of Chinese student body of any school in the nation. 30 percent is the number that sticks in my head.

The West Coast really needs USC to be a football power again. They are really the only school on the West Coast (other than Stanford but that is a different deal) that can recruit nationally for the five star recruits. Hopefully USC gets its swagger back to its play Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime mentality.

UCLA typically has 4 or 5 NFL potential players but not the depth to challenge for a top national ranking. Once injuries start occurring the replacements are never as good as the starters. Sometimes they are good for an early season upset.

On the pro front, even if the Rams are back in Los Angeles, we again made a horrible personnel decision. We traded 5 draft picks to get Jared Goff. He doesn't even look like he belongs in the NFL. He is totally overwhelmed. It is beyond pathetic. I watched Goff play UCLA in college. He is not that good. He threw a pick at the end of the game that cost CAL an upset. What the hell were the Rams thinking?

VPNs

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    The problem with VPN's though is they are usually slow as shit. DR.
    DR, check out StrongVPN. I use it for the MLB's streaming service and I've never had a lag-time or buffering issue. Plus, they have a client for the iPhone and iPad that works like a champ. I currently connect to a server out of the Netherlands. On the down-side, it's not free.

You would think that Obama could find a way to tax the rich so the rest of us could have free football.

2) Buy a Slingbox. However I discovered my upload speed is only. 69 GBPS which is below the HiDef quality standard. It is not clear if I buy a new modem that the speed will increase.

3) Buy a VPN connection for one month at $6. 95 so I can use my Sunday Ticket subscription. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/.

LOL! Number four for sure!))))).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins  [View Original Post]
    I bought my full gamepass as this year not for free.

Not free here anymore

Is NFL Gamepass free again in Argentina this year? I did a Google search and did not find Argentina but in the Netherlands and New Zealand which were both free in 2013 it has now gone to pay service in 2014.

The other thing I could do is pay for a US VPN then I could probably use Sunday Ticket which I already purchase anyway. Daddy Rulz do you know how to set up a VPN. Do you think it would work? My understanding is most people were using Netherlands and New Zealand VPNs to watch free football which is why they made them pay services.
    I bought my full gamepass as this year not for free.

Don't know about Game Pass

Is NFL Gamepass free again in Argentina this year? I did a Google search and did not find Argentina but in the Netherlands and New Zealand which were both free in 2013 it has now gone to pay service in 2014.

The other thing I could do is pay for a US VPN then I could probably use Sunday Ticket which I already purchase anyway. Daddy Rulz do you know how to set up a VPN. Do you think it would work? My understanding is most people were using Netherlands and New Zealand VPNs to watch free football which is why they made them pay services.
    How many VPN's would you like? Do you have a particular country that would be better to show as an IP? Right now I can do Cali easy. The problem with VPN's though is they are usually slow as shit.

The tech boards I read say they may have done it because people in the USA were using VPN's from other countries to get it free.

DR.

My annual question

We were talking about this the other day

Most AP members are front runners. Steelers, 49 ers, Redskins. Sheesh! You would all sell your souls for a victory. It takes character to root for the team with the worst record in football over the last ten years.

It is amazing that there is not market for GamePass in Argentina. I was in Paris last week and I downloaded the GamePass app for amusement. They wanted 270 euros to sign up.
    My guess is that in countries like Argentina where few people watch American Football, they balance the projected ad revenue on a free site against the possible subscription revenue and make a decision on what is likely to be higher.

Just guessing though.

Posting Limitations