Thread: The Catholic Church in Argentina

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by Admin

Catholic Church

Quote Originally Posted by Caricoso  [View Original Post]
    almost 90% of Argentinians are Catholics?
    Have you ever encountered a predominantly Catholic country that was not a basket case, especially when compared to other predominantly Christian countries?

Tres3.

The Catholic Church in Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Then clearly my Castellano is better than your English!

And not that it's any of your business, but I learned Castellano 40 years ago in school and I've spent the last 6½ years in Argentina (3 yrs in Misiones and 3½yrs in BsAs). Having said that, I never claimed to be fluent and I never claimed to have a porteño accent. But you're obviously a typical porteño fantasist and like to make stuff like this up.

Q. How do you know when a porteño isn't lying?

A. Their lips aren't moving.

And it's certainly none of your business as to why I remain in BsAs, but for clarity's sake. I've got a young child here, so I'm staying so I can do my part as his father.

As far as the pope is concerned, I've got no idea if he's a good man or not, but the fact that he's now head of the most evil organization in the history of man doesn't exactly bode well. The Catholic church has been responsible for more wars and more human suffering than any government or so-called evil empire, ever. I had a Catholic upbringing as it happens. My secondary school was eventually closed down after most of the Christian Brothers who ran it were sent to jail for buggering the boarders. They make the Nazis look like naughty schoolboys.

Oh, and I don't drink.

Any more questions?
    You are representing the people of your community and Argentina Private! Did you read what you said about the catholic church knowing that almost 90% of Argentinians are Catholics?

Do you think that "Argentina Private" is a site to spread "Hate" as you do against the Catholics. The Pope is a catholic and porteño, you had insulted both!

You probably received some PM to apologize for what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Caricoso  [View Original Post]
    Nothing you said makes sense to me.
    Then clearly my Castellano is better than your English!

And not that it's any of your business, but I learned Castellano 40 years ago in school and I've spent the last 6½ years in Argentina (3 yrs in Misiones and 3½yrs in BsAs). Having said that, I never claimed to be fluent and I never claimed to have a porteño accent. But you're obviously a typical porteño fantasist and like to make stuff like this up.

Q. How do you know when a porteño isn't lying?

A. Their lips aren't moving.

And it's certainly none of your business as to why I remain in BsAs, but for clarity's sake. I've got a young child here, so I'm staying so I can do my part as his father.

As far as the pope is concerned, I've got no idea if he's a good man or not, but the fact that he's now head of the most evil organization in the history of man doesn't exactly bode well. The Catholic church has been responsible for more wars and more human suffering than any government or so-called evil empire, ever. I had a Catholic upbringing as it happens. My secondary school was eventually closed down after most of the Christian Brothers who ran it were sent to jail for buggering the boarders. They make the Nazis look like naughty schoolboys.

Oh, and I don't drink.

Any more questions?

Yes, We believe you!

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Meh. Doesn't necessarily follow. I speak pretty good Castellano, can't really complain about the culture (I've been an avid fan of Latin Culture for 40+ years) but I'm certainly not happy in Buenos Aires. It has one MAJOR problem. It's full of porteños. I've lived in some almost alien cultures eg. Saudi Arabia (for 7 years). Even there the people are nicer and friendlier than in Buenos Aires!
    Nothing you said makes sense to me.

For instance. From 1 to 10, how good is your castellano and porteño dialect? If you said you are fluent, I wonder where you had learnt and practiced it.

It takes years to be fluent and if it is the case, were you in contact with porteños for that long? (Friends, Girlfriend, wife, or argentine family), and now you realize there were no nice people?

What are you doing in Buenos Aires if you don't like the people there? Time to move to a "perfect country" and stop complaining?

Buenos Aires full of porteños? Eureka! Yes and Paris is full of French just like Ljubljana is full of Slovenians.

I don't know what you trying to say with "I've lived in some almost alien cultures" ? You said that "even" in Saudi Arabia people are nicer? Did you expect to see nasty people in that country before you were there?

Why no to be specific, and tell us exactly, and based in your experience why porteños "are not" nice people, instead shooting in the air to see if you can catch something?

Or... Stop drinking, and start saying that Pope Francisco is a good man so you can make sense. I guess you noted that the Pope is porteño right?

The Catholic Church in Argentina

Posting Limitations