Thread: World Cup, Brasil 2014

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by WorldTravel69
    They misspelled FALKLANDS. .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flexible Horn For This Post:

Maybe Cristina will pay the fine? I'm sure she was behind them showing the banner anyway!

SEIG HEIL en Espanol

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    And only in 1 month. Well done. (smile).
    How do you say Seig Heil in Casillano?

Poor Argies getting their asses whipped oin US courts and on the Brazilian soccer pitch.

Jackpot.

Ah, the rehabiltation of Jackson is proceeding well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    A friend of mine opined that he wanted to see the Arges win because for the next year he'd rather listen to them crow than listen to them cry.

But I didn't see anything for Argentina to cry about.

They played a great game.

Their defense was superb.

They had several opportunities to score.

They were saved from one goal by an act of God.

The officiating was balanced and void of any genuinely questionable calls.

2nd place in the World Cup is a laudable achievement.

(insert incredibly insightful closing comment here).

Thanks,

Jax.
    And only in 1 month. Well done. (smile).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rev BS For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins  [View Original Post]
    Originally Posted by Thomaso276.

This is Seattle vs Denver. Germany dominates in a blowout.

Not to continue to push it but that is you above in the quote and that is certainly saying something about football and soccer.

You did not just say they would win you said it would be a blowout.

And that is what I argued nothing else. Nuff said.
    1-0 in soccer is a blowout. Or is it blowjob? I get confused. Which one is 400 pesos an hour? Which one bounces a ball off someones head? Which one prohibits the use of hands? Which one doesn't stop the clock when there is no activity?

I'll amend my quote "Germany gets a blowjob in Brasil finals. ".

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thomaso276 For This Post:

For the record

Originally Posted by Thomaso276.

This is Seattle vs Denver. Germany dominates in a blowout.

Not to continue to push it but that is you above in the quote and that is certainly saying something about football and soccer.

You did not just say they would win you said it would be a blowout.

And that is what I argued nothing else. Nuff said.

I can't decide which was better TV. 3 hours of watching the game or 3 hours watching the riot. I noted that Argentina youth are skilled and clearly experienced brick breakers. Finally, productivity in the workforce provides more rocks per brick than other countries.

The team did not go to the big fan welcome today in centro. Authorities could not assure their safety.

Riots

It must have been fun last night in town.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-Germany.html

World Cup Sex

Someone posted this on the Brazil site.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-28290186

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276  [View Original Post]
    I never said I know anything about soccer / football. Other than Argentina would not win the Cup & Germany would. Pure speculation. But the Pope is still an Argie so all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins  [View Original Post]
    To believe this game will be a blowout either way is really blowing smoke up you posterier. This will be a tough game either waynit goes and don't kid yourself. This time the hunger on the argentine side and skill wise the two sides are today arguably the best sides on each side of the ocean. Can it become a blowout eitherway sure in sports nothing is written but bothnare two well organized to let it happen today. Especially after whatnhappened to brazil.
    I never said I know anything about soccer / football. Other than Argentina would not win the Cup & Germany would. Pure speculation. But the Pope is still an Argie so all is well.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda

Argentina have little to be ashamed of but will have many regrets. Surprisingly, almost shockingly, their defense was damn near impregnable throughout the WC, but their vaunted attack let them down. Of the FAB4, Messi, Di Maria, Higuain and Aguero, only Messi really showed up, and he couldn't do it alone. Yesterday they had chances but couldn't finish. Higuain with a lovely wrapped gift from a horrible back pass that he scuffed horribly. Messi had a chance but missed as Neuer gave him a fairly poor angle. Palacio had a chance but a poor first touch off his chest allowed him only a poor effort at a chip.

So, many regrets about a final they very easily could have won in regular time. And yes Jackson, many Argies will find a lot to moan about despite their team's run to the final. And despite being the single handed attacking force, some of the Messi haters will be out in full force. They've been lurking awaiting their opportunity.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    A friend of mine opined that he wanted to see the Arges win because for the next year he'd rather listen to them crow than listen to them cry.

But I didn't see anything for Argentina to cry about.

They played a great game.

Their defense was superb.

They had several opportunities to score.

They were saved from one goal by an act of God.

The officiating was balanced and void of any genuinely questionable calls.

2nd place in the World Cup is a laudable achievement.

(insert incredibly insightful closing comment here).

Thanks,

Jax.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

The fat lady has sung.

Argentina had chances to go ahead, but it was not in the cards. And so Germany playing with disciplined patience, waited until almost the end of OT for that 1 breakdown by the Argentine defence to win World Cup 2014. Up until then, the combination of great defensive formation and play by Argentina kept Germany at bay quite easily. Argentina can be proud even as Germany reclaim their rightful place in World Soccer. And in doing so, becoming the 1st European team to win in the American Continent.

Surprise that Cristina "botox" Kirchner did not make it to the game. Angela Merkel did, criscrossing the Atlantic at least more than 1 time. Perhaps that is why Argentina lost. The difference between the 2 teams is so marginal you are left looking upwards to the heavens for answers as to the outcome.

I think they did well. Germany is tough to get over on, but the Argies put up a good fight! At least they did better then in 2010!

Posting Limitations