Thread: World Cup, Brasil 2014

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by WorldTravel69
    Disappointing loss for Argentina. Thought they had 3 golden chances and Messi makes the one on one 99 out of 100. Feel for the Argies as it would have been a big shot in the economy as well as their spirits. Thought the defense was great and there was a period in the last first half where Germany was sloppy. Bummed out for them and me.

1 to 0 germany. But hardly a blow out

Quote Originally Posted by Kevins  [View Original Post]
    To believe this game will be a blowout either way is really blowing smoke up you posterier. This will be a tough game either waynit goes and don't kid yourself. This time the hunger on the argentine side and skill wise the two sides are today arguably the best sides on each side of the ocean. Can it become a blowout eitherway sure in sports nothing is written but bothnare two well organized to let it happen today. Especially after whatnhappened to brazil.
    It could have gone either way.

Certainly not a blow out.

You obviously don't know football as much as you think

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaso276  [View Original Post]
    This is Seattle vs Denver. Germany dominates in a blowout. The results of this national tragedy:

Dollars up, return of real estate bargains, chicas at 2003 prices, no more Messi endorsements of every product sold on the planet.
    To believe this game will be a blowout either way is really blowing smoke up you posterier. This will be a tough game either waynit goes and don't kid yourself. This time the hunger on the argentine side and skill wise the two sides are today arguably the best sides on each side of the ocean. Can it become a blowout eitherway sure in sports nothing is written but bothnare two well organized to let it happen today. Especially after whatnhappened to brazil.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevins For This Post:

This is Seattle vs Denver. Germany dominates in a blowout. The results of this national tragedy:

Dollars up, return of real estate bargains, chicas at 2003 prices, no more Messi endorsements of every product sold on the planet.

The unique "Shawman Take on Issues"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawman  [View Original Post]
    Yeah, all I got out of all that is that Germany must have found a way to beat the drug testing (again)!
    Where did you dig that one out from? This is not a Major League Baseball thread.

Hot sauce? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    Here we go, for all the marbles. I know AP sentiments are with Argentina. Our love-hate relationship with Argentina does want to see a last explosion of joy enveloping Argentina before the economy implodes, and bewilderment and misery encased the country for another decade. But I will go with Germany. I quote Arsene Wenger.

"It's a football country and it's a country who are realistic, and when they have a problem they sort it out and it's the same economically. You know, that Germany is doing well throughout Eucrope on the economic front and their football is well organized and they have improved their technical qualities and today, they are the most technical team at the World Cup and so that's credit to their youth work and they are rewarded now for having the right decisions. ".

Take it for what it is worth. But the quick exit of African teams are a good examples of disorganized & corrupt national football associations. We also see that Brazilian raw talent & energy has now been offset by technological & scientific advancements in training & preparation, physically, mentally, psychologically. An example, the best athletes used to go offense once upon a time, but today, defenders are on par with attackers as athletes. We are talking about size, strength, speed, etc. That is why goals are so often hard to come by.

So here's to a great game for the players and fans. No red cards, and no sour milk.
    Yeah, all I got out of all that is that Germany must have found a way to beat the drug testing (again)!

Administrator

Venues: 398

Argentina vs Germany II

I think it all hinges on what kind of day Messi has.

Argentina will play a deep defense, inviting Germany to move upfield, which should create opportunities for Messi to catch them with a thin defense.

It's unfortunate that he won't have Di Maria to feed him the ball, so let's hope that the rest of the team can step up.

Thanks,

Jax.

WC Final

It ought to be a good one tonight. Germany with a very talented and organized squad, though I think the opinions of many have been swayed by the walkover against a poor Brazil side. As an Argentina fan I'm concerned about the one day less rest after a grueling win over Holland, while Germany barely worked up a sweat.

I don't think Argentina are getting enough credit from many pundits. Their defense has been one of the best in the WC. If Higuain can continue to show up to complement Messi Argentina have a shot. If Aguero can salvage a poor and injured WC with one decent performance then even more of a shot.

Pretty much a crap shoot.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Argentina vs Germany.

Here we go, for all the marbles. I know AP sentiments are with Argentina. Our love-hate relationship with Argentina does want to see a last explosion of joy enveloping Argentina before the economy implodes, and bewilderment and misery encased the country for another decade. But I will go with Germany. I quote Arsene Wenger.

"It's a football country and it's a country who are realistic, and when they have a problem they sort it out and it's the same economically. You know, that Germany is doing well throughout Eucrope on the economic front and their football is well organized and they have improved their technical qualities and today, they are the most technical team at the World Cup and so that's credit to their youth work and they are rewarded now for having the right decisions. ".

Take it for what it is worth. But the quick exit of African teams are a good examples of disorganized & corrupt national football associations. We also see that Brazilian raw talent & energy has now been offset by technological & scientific advancements in training & preparation, physically, mentally, psychologically. An example, the best athletes used to go offense once upon a time, but today, defenders are on par with attackers as athletes. We are talking about size, strength, speed, etc. That is why goals are so often hard to come by.

So heres to a great game for the players and fans. No red cards, and no sour milk.

VamosArgentina

Argentina a la Final!

Contact me by email.

Kisses!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140620_170943-2.jpg‎  

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHeart For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    A case could definitely be made that no, we didn't!
    ENGLAND had a team. But no British team. I hate when people link England with the scots, welsh and irish. Just as much as they hate being linked with the English.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flexible Horn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleHorn  [View Original Post]
    Did the 'Brits' have a team there?
    A case could definitely be made that no, we didn't!

You sure they weren't brits? By my experience, the brits are hands down the very very worst when they are overseas.
    Why would they be 'Brits'. Did the 'Brits' have a team there?

You sure they weren't brits? By my experience, the brits are hands down the very very worst when they are overseas.
    Yeah Davie, you sure they weren't Brits?! Those assholes!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DavieW  [View Original Post]
    Whilst I was in Natal, the craziest fans in terms of dressing-up etc, were definitely the Mexicans, but surprisingly (?), the most enthusiastic, noisy, party animals were the Americans!

Posting Limitations