Thread: Blackouts

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Jim Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMac  [View Original Post]
    I'm planning a BA visit soon. Can BM's already there advise about the extent of the power blackouts we read about in the media? Are they affecting the centre of the city? Recoleta? Palermo? Can I expect long power outages staying in the usual visitor areas or are the effects mostly outside the centre? Advice and info would be appreciated.
    A lot depends on the weather. These blackouts were triggered by several days of high temperatures that overloaded a old and deteriorated system. The electrical companies don't have the money to make proper repairs thanks to the governments control on what they are allowed to charge. That and the fact that a large number of people don't pay anything for the electric they use.

Check newspapers. La nacion clarin for affected areas.

Blackouts

I'm planning a BA visit soon. Can BM's already there advise about the extent of the power blackouts we read about in the media? Are they affecting the centre of the city? Recoleta? Palermo? Can I expect long power outages staying in the usual visitor areas or are the effects mostly outside the centre? Advice and info would be appreciated.

Posting Limitations