Thread: 180 Burger Bar

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Member #4112
    I did enjoy the hooker I fucked in your bathroom, TL, although unfortunately I lost my cell phone in the process. That was just a couple of weeks before you closed down. One thing I learned from working in restaurants for eight years was that I never wanted to own one! In fact, I have never wanted to own, manage, or invest in any business of any kind. I was GM of one restaurant for a couple of months and it went way bankrupt. I took my last pay out of the register, though. Everyone else got fucked.

Anybody is tempted to own a restaurant, buy stock in YUM Brands or something instead.

Guten Tag, mein lieber alter Freund.

Quote Originally Posted by Spassmusssein  [View Original Post]
    Aside that, usually a stranger will overpay the so-called "fondo de comercio" (which is just the cash-value, usually 25 - 70 days-income), instalations of the place and the contract of renting it). A commercial contract in BsAs runs for 3 years usually, no longer. After that time the real-estate owner can rise your rent up to the clouds; and will do it, if he thinks, you are earning money running the resto.

The old owners will also "sell" their staff.

That includes all the demands that the employees have against the business. Aside the one-month/year indemnizacin (it is by law FORBIDDEN to fire an employee after 3 months of probe), they may fall down the stairway, get burnt by fat or have an "accident" when going to work.

They will demand irracional sums and may get it by the funny lawsystem.

Any of those lawsuits can and WILL ruin you. As you are stranger so you are rich.

I had 15 years bars and restaurants, three years here in Buenos Aires. They demanded me 8 times (ok, they all lost but that usually not takes place). Aside you have once a day an "inpector" (real or fake) that wants a "contribucin", not to forget the fireman, bromatology or tax-men.

NEVER go in that business as a stranger.

Any employee can ruin you.
    I was "sold" and fucked without even a Kiss with my Fondo . Story was 90 Days worth of Profit as the starting price plus equipment ( and every employee's antiguedad or monies owed since the day they started working years before I even arrived. I was hustled by the Owner and the Bookkeeper without a personal lawyer or my own accountants watching my assets.

Neophyte Resto -Biz manager and a very naive and 100% trusting soul because every Argie that I had ever met in my life in Texas was a Saint.

They mistakenly assumed that I was well off Gringo / Yankee.

The Yankee part really hurt and still does !

The only lawsuit was by the guy that pulled me aside on the 1st. Day and told me that he would NEVER Fuck me .

Oh well, we sure had a great time burning my "LLorona" money !

I lost the lawsuit and made an 8 payment deal in court.

He received the 1st. And Only installment of the 8.

Now I owe well over $10 Million in Fines and Liar's Fees , back rent .

Come and get in line.

I paid 16k UsD for a Guarantee that would cover my rent to $116.000.00 Pesos and now they refuse to honor the contract.

Welcome to BA and Please Bend on Over; I'll be more than happy to drive !

I did break, bend and fracture or completely disregard every law or rule of business in the Wharton School of BIZ 101. Manual.

Loved every moment almost !

Live Sex shows , Sex on the roof , counters , tables , stage , closets , kitchen , floor and bathrooms!

Later Boys,

TL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails joker.jpg‎   benny.jpg‎   blowjob.jpg‎   privado.jpg‎   Veronica.jpg‎  

Never touch restaurant-bizz in Argentina

Aside that, usually a stranger will overpay the so-called "fondo de comercio" (which is just the cash-value, usually 25 - 70 days-income), instalations of the place and the contract of renting it). A commercial contract in BsAs runs for 3 years usually, no longer. After that time the real-estate owner can rise your rent up to the clouds; and will do it, if he thinks, you are earning money running the resto.

The old owners will also "sell" their staff.

That includes all the demands that the employees have against the business. Aside the one-month/year indemnización (it is by law FORBIDDEN to fire an employee after 3 months of probe), they may fall down the stairway, get burnt by fat or have an "accident" when going to work.

They will demand irracional sums and may get it by the funny lawsystem.

Any of those lawsuits can and WILL ruin you. As you are stranger so you are rich.

I had 15 years bars and restaurants, three years here in Buenos Aires. They demanded me 8 times (ok, they all lost but that usually not takes place). Aside you have once a day an "inpector" (real or fake) that wants a "contribución", not to forget the fireman, bromatology or tax-men.

NEVER go in that business as a stranger.

Any employee can ruin you.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spassmusssein For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    We need to be careful how we benchmark the status quo. Restaurants fail regularly almost everywhere. It is certainly true in Los Angeles. For example, California Pizza Kitchen was a very successful concept for a long time. Last time I went in there, I noticed the carpet weren't clean and the booths were showing their age. Probably 3/8s full on a weekday and right now the Los Angeles economy is booming. People can get tired of the concept. The LA girlfriend and I decided never to return.

Speaking to the situation in Buenos Aires, I was in Buenos Aires in November staying at the Alvear Art. It used to be a great deal but now the rooms are getting old. Less music available on the in-room sound system. The hotel seems to be serving tourist tour groups as a main part of its business. Plus I was no longer getting the 40% discount from the currency exchange rates. The Alvear Art went from one of the best deals in the world at $150 a night to me thinking it is not really worth it if I have to pay $250 a night.
    The restaurant/bar/nightclub business is in fact a very fickle business the world over (with higher failure rates even among well capitalized and experienced operators) but doing business in Buenos Aires comes with its own unique set of challenges that make it very difficult and ensure that any resale value is essentially $0. Just in recent times commercial electricity, gas, and water rates have gone up 100-200%+, commercial rents have gone up 40%+ annually, municipal taxes up 40-100%+. Not to mention the effect this has had on disposable income that would otherwise go to nightlife/restaurant consumption (residential utilities have also spiked proportionally) and the "always been" situation of all taxes/operating expenses amounting to 110-120% of gross revenue. Then there is the fact of essentially unlimited/uncapped labor liability and the 68% payroll tax burden.

6. 02-25-18 18:28

We need to be careful how we benchmark the status quo. Restaurants fail regularly almost everywhere. It is certainly true in Los Angeles. For example, California Pizza Kitchen was a very successful concept for a long time. Last time I went in there, I noticed the carpet weren't clean and the booths were showing their age. Probably 3/8s full on a weekday and right now the Los Angeles economy is booming. People can get tired of the concept. The LA girlfriend and I decided never to return.

Speaking to the situation in Buenos Aires, I was in Buenos Aires in November staying at the Alvear Art. It used to be a great deal but now the rooms are getting old. Less music available on the in-room sound system. The hotel seems to be serving tourist tour groups as a main part of its business. Plus I was no longer getting the 40% discount from the currency exchange rates. The Alvear Art went from one of the best deals in the world at $150 a night to me thinking it is not really worth it if I have to pay $250 a night.

I have been all over Latin America and Spain and there are just too many restaurants, everywhere. Running a restaurant is a lot of hard work, all the time, nights, weekends, holidays. I worked in restaurants for hmm about eight years total and that is hard work too. My dad tried to tell me when I was growing up that any fool could work hard. That did not really sink in until I was in my late 20s and got a job with the federal government. Then it all became clear and I never worked hard again, and retired early and happy, although not from the government. I found something even easier after that. Ha ha.

And to El Alamo Palermo, I coulda worked for you but not for that other dickhead. Glad you did well.

The resale value of a "fondo de comercio" (a commercial entity without the real estate) for essentially any business is in Buenos Aires is $0. I recall a few years ago a certain expat had his bar listed for sale for $700k USD; I remember laughing at that number and predicted that the business would go for $0. A few years later the business collapsed and in fact $0 was received. The only exception to the $0 value is if a "habilitation definitiva Clase C" was attached to the underlining commercial entity as those are essentially impossible to get and grant rights to a high occupancy, dancing/live music, right to sell entrance fee, etc.

Business conditions have never been worse than they are now in Argentina since at least 2005 and I have seen almost a dozen well known bars/restaurants go out of business in the last several months and I expect many more to go under in the next 6-12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    You could purchase a business in Argentina, or you could take the equivalent amount of cash, soak it in 'nafta' and set it on fire. The results would be the same, but the fire would be quicker and require a lot less work.

On second thought, don't waste money on nafta. Just set the money on a street corner and walk away.
    The Chinese seem to be doing well.

I think you could make a living off the Burger Bars but it would not be a good investment for a passive investor.

You could purchase a business in Argentina, or you could take the equivalent amount of cash, soak it in 'nafta' and set it on fire. The results would be the same, but the fire would be quicker and require a lot less work.

On second thought, don't waste money on nafta. Just set the money on a street corner and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    180 Burger Bar For Sale.

( 2 ) Company Stores .

Suipacha and Obelisco locations .

Both fully operational and doing well but the owner wants to move to Switzerland.

TL.
    Have you asked for the income, balance sheet and cash flow statements? It is probably not a good buy unless you manage it yourself.

Burger Bar

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    180 Burger Bar For Sale.
    I never ate at the newer location, but the old Burger Bar (for my money) had the best burger in BA. I hope the new owner doesn't fuck with a winning formula, and also keeps the many friendly employees.

Tres3.

180 Burger Bar For Sale

180 Burger Bar For Sale.

( 2 ) Company Stores .

Suipacha and Obelisco locations .

Both fully operational and doing well but the owner wants to move to Switzerland.

Business Only.

Not the Property.

TL.

180 Burger Bar New Location

New bigger second location is at 985 Sarmiento. The original, not far away at 749 Suipacha is still packed at lunchtime so go early before 12 or after 2 before they close at 3.

Now with a second location 1800

Lots of burger bars in BA these days but this one is still the best for a solid, good as anywhere, burger, still for less than 100p with fries and a can of soda. Tried the very new 2nd location near the obelisk but the burger was nowhere near as good, a much nicer, bigger space but still working out the details I guess. The owner was there during my August visit and explained they'd only been open a matter of weeks so probably just need some time.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianDwayne  [View Original Post]
    Very good burger one of the best I ever had.
    I agree. I only had better in NYC.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sexbobber For This Post:

Posting Limitations