Thread: Lunfardo and Brothels

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by TejanoLibre
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung  [View Original Post]
    If there were enough people interested I could open a thread on the history of brothels or mongering in BA. But I would need enough people interested. I get tired of sitting at home talking to myself. That would include a full dictionary of terms both historic and modern.
    That would be most interesting. Count me in! Thanks for the kind offer.

Yes ! Do It !

If there were enough people interested I could open a thread on the history of brothels or mongering in BA. But I would need enough people interested. I get tired of sitting at home talking to myself. That would include a full dictionary of terms both historic and modern.
    That would be very interesting!

Thanks,

TL.

Very good idea-

-note me in.

There's a "Academia porteña de lunfardo" meeting close to Café Tortoni.

Could be helpful but is in spanish.

I would be very interested. Even when I am not in BsAs I look at this site every day.

Thanks for offering. I hope that there is sufficient interest.

Bob.

Does Berlitz offer a course in Lunfardo? Count me in!

Lunfardo and Brothels

Very interesting if you have any interest in the History of The Tango and the Slang used in Tango and in the Brothels. The Lunfardo having originated in Prison by the convicts so the guards could not understand them. Used from about 1880 to 1950 .

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunfardo

Many words have survived and are widely used today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n87EybdCZKU

Talks about a Brothel in BA and the Pimp that use to pop his hookers in the ass with wet towels tipped with salt.

TL.

Anybody have any salt?

Posting Limitations