This blog is moderated by Lucas90

Bar

Replaced by regular bar, Cerveceria Artesanal.

Reopend under a new name

Don't remember what they call it, something on S. (It was late and I was drunk, jeje).

They have redone the whole place and it actually does not look bad, like a diner with a big bar, windows to the street and the waitresses have some uniform and look like they work at burgerking now.

It is the same crew that work there, and the same (Greek) owner.

You should pay max 200 p to enter and get 2 drinks for it.

Stranger.

Local forum

On one of the local forums some guy posted that he saw a Yankee take a girl out for U$S 500 bucks. Talk about a place being named appropriately.

From the Urban Dictionary.

malaka

Greek term for someone who has jerked off so many times that his brain has become soft, and he is now an idiot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas90  [View Original Post]
    Greek themed club in Recoleta (near the corner of Vicente Lopez / Azcuenaga). Formerly known as HELLAS, now re-branded as 'Malaka' cafe. Has taken over the mantle from Toreto / Brut as the club that opens latest in Recoleta. As a result it can get quite busy after 4 or 5 am when chicas and punters spill out of the other venues. Inside it's small and really very basic with a central bar and seats around the side. The sofas have the blue and white pattern of the Greek flag, and on a quiet Sunday night, even some bouzouki music and smashing of plates to add to the atmosphere. Malaka as used in colloquial Greek means 'mate' or 'buddy' - but used in a derogatory sense it can also mean 'wanker'. Unfortunately, that's how they seem to be treating the customers, as the club is still operating the old Hellas trick of random chica drink prices. How much you pay seems to depend on how busy the club is, how well they know your face, what time of the night it is, whether it's a full moon etc etc. The entry fee seemed to stabilise at 150 pesos for two drinks, but the chica drinks varied from 350,250 down to 200 (less on each visit). Not that I'm bothered about discounts based on repeat custom. I once used to hang out in a bar in Barcelona where the individual drink prices used to rise or fall in real time depending on the sales volumes – but the difference was that you could see the prices on a screen before you bought. In Malaka, I was warned that the chica drink prices can go as high as 600 when the place is full. Mongers beware. There were actually some hot girls on one or two of the nights I visited, after 4 am. 1000 pesos would get any of them and less if they were willing to bargain. But all in all, I can't say that I liked this club (Sodoma next door is a better place).
    I stopped here my last visit since it was very close to my apt. I did not like it. Reminded me of Tijuana when I was in the Marine Corps.

Malaka (formerly known as Hellas)

Greek themed club in Recoleta (near the corner of Vicente Lopez / Azcuenaga). Formerly known as HELLAS, now re-branded as 'Malaka' cafe. Has taken over the mantle from Toreto / Brut as the club that opens latest in Recoleta. As a result it can get quite busy after 4 or 5 am when chicas and punters spill out of the other venues. Inside it's small and really very basic with a central bar and seats around the side. The sofas have the blue and white pattern of the Greek flag, and on a quiet Sunday night, even some bouzouki music and smashing of plates to add to the atmosphere. Malaka as used in colloquial Greek means 'mate' or 'buddy' - but used in a derogatory sense it can also mean 'wanker'. Unfortunately, that's how they seem to be treating the customers, as the club is still operating the old Hellas trick of random chica drink prices. How much you pay seems to depend on how busy the club is, how well they know your face, what time of the night it is, whether it's a full moon etc etc. The entry fee seemed to stabilise at 150 pesos for two drinks, but the chica drinks varied from 350,250 down to 200 (less on each visit). Not that I'm bothered about discounts based on repeat custom. I once used to hang out in a bar in Barcelona where the individual drink prices used to rise or fall in real time depending on the sales volumes – but the difference was that you could see the prices on a screen before you bought. In Malaka, I was warned that the chica drink prices can go as high as 600 when the place is full. Mongers beware. There were actually some hot girls on one or two of the nights I visited, after 4 am. 1000 pesos would get any of them and less if they were willing to bargain. But all in all, I can't say that I liked this club (Sodoma next door is a better place).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucas90 For This Post:

Posting Limitations