View Poll Results: Did you or will you lose your healthcare insurance because of Obamacare?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 29.03%
  • No

22 70.97%

Thread: Poll: Healthcare Insurance

+ Submit Report
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Tiny12

Everyone is Getting Hurt

You are correct DCCPA, the insurance companies and the big hospital corporations were the early big supporters of ObamaCare. They were licking their chops at all the new revenue. For the insurance companies it was all the new enrollments at higher premium costs which the enrollee paid or the government reimbursed the insurance companies via subsidies. The hospital corporations were now going to be able to do away with most of the cost shifts from non-pay to paying patients as nearly everyone was going to have insurance.

The reality has been quite different. The insurance companies are getting the really sick, subsides are so muddied up they have no idea what they are going to receive from the government and the "young invincibles" on which the program is built are not signing up. The hospital corporations are finding the cost shifting is not decreasing but increasing as folks lost their insurance and the number of uninsured in going UP not DOWN.

Who gets screwed? The taxpayer of course! Obama has recently upped the amount the government will give the insurance companies to cover their losses under ObamaCare. Where is that money coming from. The taxpayer of course!

Obama's three lies:

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, period.

If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance, period.

We signed up 7.1 Million for ObamaCare.

What is really funny is when the private polices were being cancelled, Obama was saying it was only 5% of the market and not significant, just ignore it.
    Yet when he claims ObamaCare has signed up only 2% of the market it is VERY SIGNIFICANT!
    Go Figure

2014 mid-terms are coming!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

Blame the Victim

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson  [View Original Post]
    Actually, they butt-fucked themselves by failing to purchase adequate health insurance, and now they want all butt-fuck all of us by making us pay for their mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dccpa  [View Original Post]
    Esten do you ever read what you write? If their savings are being depleted, then they had the funds buy adequate health insurance and chose not to.

Those that could not afford heath insurance had medicaid or got treated anyway. The hospitals have always been full of people who cannot afford health insurance and yet they got treatment. I know too many medical people who can put to lie your spin.
    Riiighhhht! It was their fault they did not have adequate insurance, because surely they were not dropped or denied coverage because of job loss or pre-existing conditions, or were ineligible for Medicaid but still quoted premiums they could not afford, or which would have prevented them from saving money for anythine else like a car, college or better housing. Of course, Jackson and Dccpa know all about the personal and financial situations of these millions of Americans to make such blanket statements.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAlamoPalermo  [View Original Post]
    WRONG. Prior to ObamaCare, individuals (as in persons not eligible to participate in a group health insurance plan through their employer) were frequently denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions and / or quoted unaffordable monthly premiums. Only EMERGENCY care must be granted in the United States regardless of ability to pay; this meaning you present yourself at an emergency room and request care; however, this does not include treatments for many complex ailments of a non-emergency nature. For example, if you will require several months of chemotherapy and have no insurance, you will not be given the treatment without a typically six figure cash deposit.
    I know what the law says and I also know what actually happens in hospitals. Esten was talking about those with savings. Why didn't they insurance before they got sick? And if the premiums are not affordable, why weren't they on medicaid?

No matter what the law is, there are going to be populations that will be negatively affected. For example, now that the open enrollment period is closed, here is a new article showing that Obamacare can now be the cause of persons not being able to get insurance.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/even-h...-politics.html

I wouldn't have had a problem with the intent of the Obamacare law, like having a government subsidized pool for the few persons that somehow couldn't qualify for medicaid and truly couldn't afford private insurance premiums.

But I do have a problem with the government taking away the insurance I chose. Obamacare was written by and for the insurance companies and rushed through Congress by Democrats before Republicans took over the House. Some people are being helped by Obamacare and others are being harmed. Now the government has added yet another layer of adminstration to healthcare and we will all pay that cost. If they had truly cared about the citizens, they could have done something much simpler and much more cost effective.

Next year, the insurance surcharge starts and the projected premiums increases are 20%. About two years after Obama leaves office, voters are going to realize that the big winner is the health insurance companies and that we are the big loser.

Anyone else aware that the software to pay the insurance companies was not developed. The President's solution, the insurance companies will tell the government how much to pay them. No problem, I am sure the insurance companies won't pad the bill.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dccpa For This Post:

Esten do you ever read what you write? If their savings are being depleted, then they had the funds buy adequate health insurance and chose not to.

Those that could not afford heath insurance had medicaid or got treated anyway. The hospitals have always been full of people who cannot afford health insurance and yet they got treatment. I know too many medical people who can put to lie your spin.
    WRONG. Prior to ObamaCare, individuals (as in persons not eligible to participate in a group health insurance plan through their employer) were frequently denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions and / or quoted unaffordable monthly premiums. Only EMERGENCY care must be granted in the United States regardless of ability to pay; this meaning you present yourself at an emergency room and request care; however, this does not include treatments for many complex ailments of a non-emergency nature. For example, if you will require several months of chemotherapy and have no insurance, you will not be given the treatment without a typically six figure cash deposit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ElAlamoPalermo For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    Actually, the people who really got butt-fucked were those who had a very serious illness and inadequate health insurance. While battling their illness, they also had to deal with the stress of having their life savings depleted and going broke.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    Actually, the people who really got butt-fucked were those who had a very serious illness and inadequate health insurance. While battling their illness, they also had to deal with the stress of having their life savings depleted and going broke.
    Actually, they butt-fucked themselves by failing to purchase adequate health insurance, and now they want all butt-fuck all of us by making us pay for their mistakes.

I don't know about you, but I was not in any way "unaware" of the butt-fucking that ObamaCare was going to be for hard working, productive, self-sufficient Americans who will have to pay for the parasites' subsidies.

11. 04-05-14 16:30

[URL]"The real figure probably won't be known for weeks, even months. But researchers at the Urban Institute's Health Policy Center have weighed in with their own estimate. They're figuring that the ACA has reduced the number of uninsured Americans by 5.4 million from the first quarter of 2013 through early March this year.".
    The article states that the 5.4 million figure (from a month ago) includes newly insured people from the Medicaid expansion. So whether this is "liberal spin" or not depends on whether you consider "enrollees" to include new Medicaid enrollments. The total effect on the uninsured rate will be a combination of state and federal ACA enrollments, Medicaid and CHIP expansion and the sub26ers. Anyone interested in a detailed breakdown of the numbers should check out the excellent website below. The numbers would be even higher if several red states had not denied their low income residents expanded access to Medicaid. The "proof in the pudding" will be the nationwide uninsured rate, which as I previously mentioned was at a 5-year low last month.

ACASignups.net - Tracking Enrollments for the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)
    http://acasignups.net/
    http://acasignups.net/graph (all data in one graph)

Liberal spin

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...sured-20140403, 0,3487004.story#axzz2 y1 LcK7 bm.

"The real figure probably won't be known for weeks, even months. But researchers at the Urban Institute's Health Policy Center have weighed in with their own estimate. They're figuring that the ACA has reduced the number of uninsured Americans by 5.4 million from the first quarter of 2013 through early March this year.".

They claim to be centrist, but all their donations go to liberal candidates. Hmmm.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...port-democrats

Funny thing is that of about 20 people I know or friends know who are on Obamacare, 19 were forced into the program due to their insurance being cancelled under Obamacare. The 20th person I helped switch to Obamacare to reduce his premium. All 20 previously had insurance.

When they were counting the people who lost their insurance under Obamacare, they listed -0- for my state. Are they now counting the people in my state as having gained insurance under Obamacare?

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announced Wednesday that he has a health plan of his own to replace ObamaCare.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin
    Even if the GOP gains control of the White House and the Senate, I just don't see how they're going to be able to repeal Obamacare without a viable alternative and with all the infighting in the GOP, that's not going to happen.[snip]
    Infighting in political parties is normal and even healthy, and the Democrat party is seeing infighting as well, which will only increase as we move into election season.

“Jindal’s 26-page plan, called the “The Freedom and Empowerment Plan,” and published by the advocacy group America Next, would use block grants, or as he terms them, “global grant programs,” to give states a fixed amount of money without hamstringing them with federal rules requiring them to offer certain benefits. He also wants to jettison the tax preference for employer-based insurance, as well as let health coverage be available to customers across state line. Jindal’s plan hearkens back to his 1990’s days on the Medicare commission by suggesting older Americans utilize a system known as “premium support.” Unlike the present practice of seniors being trapped in a system where the government sets prices and pays the seniors’ bills, Jindal would require the government to give the seniors the money seek the most competitive price among private health plans.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...e65_story.html

On the surface Jindal’s plan looks pretty good but would need further investigation, we don't need another ObamaCare cluster fuck. I like the fact that it appears to give power back to the states and gets the federal government out of the health care business. And it would let seniors have some control over their own lives. Do we really need the federal government playing God with our health care?

I think Jindal's plan has possibilities and anybody that thinks ObamaCare can't be replaced is kidding themselves. As Tres3 pointed out Prohibition was a Constitutional Amendment and it was repealed, so ObamaCare is not chiseled in stone.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Punter 127 For This Post:

I don't know about you, but I was not in any way "unaware" of the butt-fucking that ObamaCare was going to be for hard working, productive, self-sufficient Americans who will have to pay for the parasites' subsidies.

Thanks,

Jax
    Jackson-.

Do you consider yourself a parasite for benefiting from subsidized health insurance in Buenos Aires? It is a fact that you and every other person who has ever utilized the health care system in Buenos Aires benefits from enormous subsidies; to begin with, electricity, gas, and water are subsidized to the tune of 70% at all Buenos Aires hospitals and clinics; insurance premiums would be significantly higher if not for this SUBSIDY. Naturally, we should all excuse Jackson from this blatant hypocrisy as he is suffering from a chronic case of Obama Derangement Syndrome (ODS), a devastating affliction that lasts at least 1460 days but in Jackson's particularly rabid case will continue for at least 2920 days and perhaps beyond that.

Suerte,

ElAlamoPalermo (formerly Rock Harders).

AS el jeeffe puts it in context: the parasites help make the health ins &drug industry get rich

The most powerful lobbyists get what they want and everyone pays............just what the founding father envisioned. I own lots of drug stocks--they have the deck stacked politically. I buy one non-formulary drug mail order from england for 50% of what it costs in the USA. The drug comes from england in a box that says made in the USA. This shit goes on nomatter which party is in the oval office or control congress.

Under "anne rand" speak: if this great "super men" have the talent to manipulate the system it is their right to do so. Sounds like a variation on Argentina or the traditional way elites robed and plundered in south america for hundreds of years.

I will drop out of the conversation as the name calling irrational nonsense that passing for policy analysis starts again. Have fun boys. When look at AP again, in a while, to see if anyone posted any interesting chica reviews, I'll see posts that I am a stupid idiot who has his head up his butt.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Miami Bob For This Post:

Saw an interesting "social science fiction " movie: Elysium

This movie is about a future fictional earth that exists with serve poisoned environment to produced wealth and production for the super rich who live on an idealist space station that orbits around the earth--the ultimate beverly hills gated community. The 99.8% on the earth die early and suffer from a poisoned earth to support those blessed living in an insulated heavenly "gated community".

The majority on the earth accept their fate and support the right of ann rand's "super man " who thrive from talent, or inherited wealth live a blessed life.

This is a tale of the koch's brothers vision of the world to come: they do whatever they want to create wealth and everyone else can drop dead...including the worthless parasites who might only have a net wealth or $5 million or $10 million dollars.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    ...unaware that we are doing the bidding of a larger magnetic field...

Thanks,

Jax

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBob  [View Original Post]
    This was not intentional. It is an unintended consequence of a the way more legislation will be written in the future. The Supreme Court has opened the door to give big business, big lobbyists and the super rich more power. Campaign contributions. Super packs. There will be more custom drafted laws to help those who enjoy the freedom to donate without limitation.
    Like ants, we scurried about, unaware that we are doing the bidding of a larger magnetic field. Mouthing slogans for others, our anger and braying reveal our inadequacies of being able to express benevolence and charity. And our ego stoke and stroke by monetary success is the root of human folly.

Posting Limitations