Thread: Drivers' Strike

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Vampire
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    Vampire tell us what's going in Patagonia? How long is the bus ride to BA? Any action in Patagonia? Talk about the touristy things to do...

Regards Hotrod11.
    I am stuck in Puerto Madryn / Trelew / Rawson. The bus ride is 19 hours to BA. I am hoping to get out Friday night, but who knows. Not only is there a strike, but there is a rumor that a bridge along the route into BA collapsed, so that may fuck up my vacation too. There is no gato scene down here or else it is super underground. The women are pretty decent looking. Maybe 10 percent look to be of Welsh descent, then there are about 50 percent that are mixed morena types, and the bottom 40 percent look kind of indigenous. The big thing to see is the wildlife in this area: whales, seals, sea lions, penguins, dolphins, ostriches. With all of the recent rain, the dirt / gravel roads to see the wildlife have been flooded and washed out, so no tours were operating the past few days. Seafood is plentiful and priced cheaper than Red Lobster: salmon, shrimp, crab, octopus, scallops, whatever you want.

Damn Strikes !

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    They are expecting 70% compliance according to union leader Moyano (think Jimmy Hoffer! There are also a lot of smaller groups joining in such as banks, teachers, trains, etc. The truth is with a general transportation shut down most people will just stay home. Yet another feriado! (holiday).
    How are the working girls going to get to work?

TL.

Easter is really going to fuck things up too!

WHATS going on in Patagonia

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire  [View Original Post]
    Ok thanks. I am in Patagonia right now and was supposed to take a bus to BA arriving on Thursday afternoon. Looks like I am stuck. I tried cancelling my reservation for Thursday and Friday nights, but was too late and will likely lose my money!
    Vampire tell us what's going in Patagonia? How long is the bus ride to BA? Any action in Patagonia? Talk about the touristy things to do...

Regards Hotrod11.

I have no problem with the bus; it will work itself out. The hotel in BA had a 72 hour cancellation policy, that I missed.
    You never know, explain what happened, maybe they will do something for you? They may need your room for other travelers stranded in BA due to the strike. Its just the hassle that sucks. Maybe we will get lucky and Moyano will suffer the same fate as Hoffa.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    I would imagine if the bus doesn't run they would refund your money or at least offer you another ticket on a different day. It seems all national airlines and some air traffic controllers are joining it too. The Gov't has no balls, they let every one get away with everything, and then continue paying their salary's even for the days they were on strike!!
    I have no problem with the bus; it will work itself out. The hotel in BA had a 72 hour cancellation policy, that I missed.

Ok thanks. I am in Patagonia right now and was supposed to take a bus to BA arriving on Thursday afternoon. Looks like I am stuck. I tried cancelling my reservation for Thursday and Friday nights, but was too late and will likely lose my money!
    I would imagine if the bus doesn't run they would refund your money or at least offer you another ticket on a different day. It seems all national airlines and some air traffic controllers are joining it too. The Gov't has no balls, they let every one get away with everything, and then continue paying their salary's even for the days they were on strike!!

They are expecting 70% compliance according to union leader Moyano (think Jimmy Hoffer! There are also a lot of smaller groups joining in such as banks, teachers, trains, etc. The truth is with a general transportation shut down most people will just stay home. Yet another feriado! (holiday).

Drivers' Strike

Is what I'm hearing from the locals true: bus drivers and truck drivers are going on strike April 10? Can any of you guys confirm this?

Posting Limitations