Thread: Hurricane Carter

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Rockin Bob

First Concert I Ever Attended !

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC  [View Original Post]
    I went through pretty much the same process. For a long time just I assumed this was just another guy framed by the cops, but the more I read into it, the more sceptical I became. I continued the investigation (I couldn't get out much for a while after a bad leg injury) and finally concluded pretty much the same as you, this guy was guilty, despite what Bob Dylan said. Great song though!
    The first concert I ever attended was a Benefit Concert For Hurricane Carter in the Astrodome, Houston, Texas.

Front row, standing.

Drummer was a guy named Ringo.

Singer was a guy named Dylan.

Some guy named George Harrison on Guitar.

Another English Dude from ELO, long hair.

The Music is excellent! Was he guilty?

Who knows?

TL.

Not so innocent.

I went through pretty much the same process. For a long time I assumed this was just another guy framed by the cops, but the more I read into it, the more sceptical I became. I continued the investigation (I couldn't get out much for a while after a bad leg injury) and finally concluded pretty much the same as you, this guy was guilty, despite what Bob Dylan said. Great song though!

Hurricane Carter

We lost Rubin Carter this past week. You know, the man the authorities came to blame for something that he never done.

Reading the obituaries you would think this was the undisputed God's honest gospel truth! Even Fox! The New York Daily News! The New York Post! Wrongful murder conviction, that's the phrase that pops out of just about every obit you read.

I mean hey, Bob Dylan says he's innocent! Denzel Washington and Norman Jewison say he's innocent!

I mention this because a few months ago, in a cruise around the internet that started with looking for the Emile Griffith v. Kid Paret fight on Youtube, I came to this site about the Lafayette Grille murders:

http://www.graphicwitness.com/carter/topfacts.html

I wasn't doing nothin so I started to read it and in a while I was pretty intrigued by the whole case. There is a lot of original source materials and links to such stuff as courtroom transcripts. Stuff that people said and did at the time the murders happened. I really got into it and read everything I could find. If you like crime stories, you'll love it.

I thought you guys on the board who love to argue about politics and the economy and Trayvon Martin might want to take a look at it. Tell you one thing, reading those obituaries I was thinking, what a crock of crap! Innocent! How you can come to any conclusion other than guilty, no doubt about it, is beyond me. But that's the way the media works, how propaganda works. Disinformation, unexamined claims repeated over and over and everywhere and by everybody and there you have it, manufactured fabricated Truth. Ask anybody about The Hurricane, they'll all report back what they've heard: oh yeah, that boxer who was framed for murder.

Or if nosing around a crime scene ain't your thing, you could watch the Griffith Paret fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBNQNwCyYqk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockin Bob For This Post:

Posting Limitations