Thread: Making phone calls

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Shawman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevins  [View Original Post]
    Set each number in the address book this way.

If the tel number given you is 4927 4454 0 r 11 4927 4454.

In your address book in your phone put +541149274454.

If you have a cell phone to call for example 15 6623 2345.

In the address book put +541166232345 which in most will work if not in address book put +5491166232345.

That covers all buenos aires phones for outside of bue for example.

0232 3456 4543.

Add +540232 3456 4543 ok got it hope this helps.
    Sorry, as you can probably tell I had this page up and posted my findings before I hit refresh and saw your beautiful post explaining the whole thing. Thank you man!

I thnk I found a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Those "international" plans are another word for thief! A local sim card and if needed cheap 300 p phone is much more economical. But if you need to use your phone to call a local number the following should work. If it is a land line dial 54 011 then the number (8 digits). If its a cell phone in the BsAs area dial 54 911 then the number (8 digits). Calling the boon docks can be more complicated, but usually dial 54 0 plus the number. If your dialing from a US number you would probably need to dial 011 before the 54 so they know its a international call. I hope this information is still current and that it helps you!
    By backing out of the country entirely.

Dial 00 (to leave the country) + 54 (to enter the country + 11 (if its a land line local to BAires) + the 8 digit phone number.

That just worked for me! Now to figure out how to call a cell number.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    I don't know. But you can get a local SIM chip and make calls to BsAs numbers pretty cheaply. That would solve one problem, but then I am not sure how you would call US numbers. I'm sure you could I just don't know how.

Bob.
    Set each number in the address book this way.

If the tel number given you is 4927 4454 0 r 11 4927 4454.

In your address book in your phone put +541149274454.

If you have a cell phone to call for example 15 6623 2345.

In the address book put +541166232345 which in most will work if not in address book put +5491166232345.

That covers all buenos aires phones for outside of bue for example.

0232 3456 4543.

Add +540232 3456 4543 ok got it hope this helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevins For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    I don't know. But you can get a local SIM chip and make calls to BsAs numbers pretty cheaply. That would solve one problem, but then I am not sure how you would call US numbers. I'm sure you could I just don't know how.

Bob.
    Those "international" plans are another word for thief! A local sim card and if needed cheap 300 p phone is much more economical. But if you need to use your phone to call a local number the following should work. If it is a land line dial 54 011 then the number (8 digits). If its a cell phone in the BsAs area dial 54 911 then the number (8 digits). Calling the boon docks can be more complicated, but usually dial 54 0 plus the number. If your dialing from a US number you would probably need to dial 011 before the 54 so they know its a international call. I hope this information is still current and that it helps you!

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawman  [View Original Post]
    Hey yall,

I'm having a hell of a time making phone calls here. I have the international plan with tmobile. So in theory I should be able to use my phone like I do at home (USA). I was able to dial a local number in microcenter area once, but that's it. I get a Telco error message every single time I have tried to use it since. What am I doing wrong?

I tried dialing the number direct, with a 9 with a 9 + 15 + number. Nothing works. Help!

Making phone calls

Hey yall,

I'm having a hell of a time making phone calls here. I have the international plan with tmobile. So in theory I should be able to use my phone like I do at home (USA). I was able to dial a local number in microcenter area once, but that's it. I get a Telco error message every single time I have tried to use it since. What am I doing wrong?

I tried dialing the number direct, with a 9 with a 9 + 15 + number. Nothing works. Help!

Posting Limitations