This blog is moderated by PirateMorgan

Argentine health insurance

I am planning to leave Sosua and move to Argentina (probably Cordoba). I plan on providing information on this subject from time to time. Not opinions. Real info for those who could use it.

When providing information on personal experiences obtaining and using insurance. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR AGE!

My SA hospital experience

In Feb of this year while in MVD I became very weak and ill. While walking I became so weak I couldn't talk. I knew what it was and I stagered into a restaurant sat down and on a napkin I rote. Need a taxi or ambulance--Hospital or clinic--Low blood pressure. My waiter not able to read english took my note to another table and after showing my note to the guy there Called his manager who called a taxi. The taxi took me across town at no charge to a clinic. The taxi driver went into the emergency entrance and out comes a wheel chair. Within a short time I was in a large room with at least 30 patients. Lots of moaning and groaning. They took my blood pressure and confirmed that it was low I am not sure but I think it was 70/60. . The place was very old and in need of repair but clean. During my 12 hour stay I watched the cleaners wash the walls and floor with bleach more than one time.

There system of keeping tract of patients was interesting but I have no complaints about the way they took care of me. The clinic was free. Most patients appeared very poor. More than likely this is the only choice poor people have for health care. In the third world any health care is better than no health care. This was a small building next to a hospital. If a patient had health care insurance they could go to the big hospital. Most of the health care workers working in the clinic were volunteres from the main hospital. I must wonder if this isn't the same health care set up in BA. Don't know but wondering.

A quote from Hospital Aleman a few weeks ago for a person 61 years old

Estimado Sr. Monger:

De acuerdo a lo conversado, le comento los valores en las opciones de cobertura médica.

Que Ud. Puede ver en ntra página.

En www.hospitalaleman.com, en " ASOCIESE" (items a la izq), podrá ver la descripcióand.

De los plan A3, A6 why A7.

Los valores son:

PLAN A3: $ 1846 (iva incl).

Plan con internacióand SIN TOPES NI LIMITES, en el H. Aleman en hab. Individual.

Cobertura para consultas en el H. Alemáand why cons. Privados de ntros médico why odontólogos.

El alcance es en todo Argentina why países limitrofes.

Nota: se abona coseguro de $20 en consultas con turno en el H. A. (no cons. Privados ó guardia del H. A.).

Se abona coseguro de $ 20 en consultas ó guardia de centros del conurbano.

Médico a dom $ 40.

Sesiones de psic. ó psiq. $40.

PLAN A6: $ 2475 (iva incl).

Idem anterior. Con reintegros de $ por consultas con médicos fuera del staf de cartilla.

Con COBERTURA ESPECIAL: incluye cirugías estéticas, refract. De ojos, testificacion de alergia, anteojos ó lentes de.

Contacto why otros beneficios.

Nota: se abona coseguro en médico a dom $ 30.

Se abona coseguro de $30 en sesiones de psic. ó psiq.

PLAN A7 : $ 3456 (iva incl).

En ésta opcióand se amplían todas las coberturas del PLAN A6:

Internacióand en hab. Individual con pensióand p / acomp. 3 theías.

60% DE DESC. En ntra farm. Para medicacióand.

Reintegros: se amplían la cantidad why la suma.

Se amplía la COBERTURA ESPECIAL.

SIN COSEGUROS.

En éste momento, cuenta con una promocióand que le otorga el 40% de desc. En la PRIMERA why SEGUNDA cuota +.

20% de desc. ADICIONAL dejando theébito a tarjeta VISA.

Para su asociacióand, debemos hacer una consulta previa con un médico CLínico de ntra Institucióand (sin cargo).

Podemos combinar una theía why hora para completar la Solicitud de Adhesióand why tener la consulta en ese mismo momento.

Esperamos su comentario ó consulta.

Cordialmente,

Milagros Arbilla.

Ejecutiva de Cuentas.

Cel: 1535617094.

Plan Medico Hospital Aleman.

marbilla@hospitalaleman.com

Welcome Home!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    I'll be 62 soon and just moved back to BA. I'll be checking out different plans, but as previously mentioned, Hospital Italiano is supposed to be the choice for the over 65 set.
    Welcome Back DB!

TL.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMorgan  [View Original Post]
    If anybody cares. I talked to the people at the German hospital. Yes there is coverage available for this age- 69. They would not give out much information on the phone and I do not think there is any reference to seniors on the web site. I had to talk to someone who seemed in a supervisory position. Not sure. She said the coverage was 'like' one or two of those listed plans but again refused to be specific. She did say that the monthly premium was 7000 pesos. Paying in Blue Dollar pesos amounts to $466 dollars per month. And depending on the coverage. It is not bad in the world of what's available away from USA Medicare. (The Philippines has Blue Cross which is interesting too).

In other input is welcomed indeed. If you do. Please state your age!
    I'll be 62 soon and just moved back to BA. I'll be checking out different plans, but as previously mentioned, Hospital Italiano is supposed to be the choice for the over 65 set.

Best for Me at 45 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Member#3320  [View Original Post]
    OSDE is the best. I am very impressed with their customer service. As long as I stay in BA, I plan to be their customer.

I had the cheap hospital Aleman plan before. Extremely disatisfied. As the ques there are very long. And seems to be overflowing with people. Everytime I needed a doctor, I had to wait for 2-3 hours. Plus the doctors seemed over worked and frustrated. (by the way, german hospital does not mean it has German doctors!) ( too many expats have that cheap plan and are all over that place)

Hospital Italiano is even worst!

The hospital which has really won my heart is.

I. A. D. T - Instituto Argentino de Diagnostico y Tratamiento. I don't have enough good words to say about this hospital. If you can take a insurance plan which has coverage in this hospital, you can't go wrong.

The best thing is that it has really experienced doctors (I was referred to a doctor there, who was like 73 years old and he was doing that kind of medical expertise for over 30 years. Since then I have become his fan) and waiting time in this hospital is minimal. Not over crowded at all.

Another two hospital I recommend to you is:

Sanatorio de La trinidad:- Its the high end hospital of Buenos Aires where the super rich go ( some of my local friends who are multi millionares go there ; TV stars and Film stars are regulars there). The facilities are superb. I go there for my blood / urine tests etc as its next door to my house.

And finally, I also recommend:

Sanatorio Otamendi y Miroli. Very very popular and very good hospital. Its the preferred hospital of Christina's family. Her mother and daughter regularly take treatment there. Its one of the oldest hospitals of Argentina.

If you can get into these three hospitals. You can't go wrong.

Try to take osde plan as it covers all these three plus the German hospital, Italian hospital as recommended by other mongers.
    Thanks!

For me:

OSDE - $2900.00.

Swiss Medical - $1900.00.

Hospital Aleman - $1450.00.

You seem to be correct about the Hospital Aleman. The doctor gave me 30 seconds and rushed me out!

Not happy about that.

What do you think about Swiss Medical?

TL.

OSDE is the best. I am very impressed with their customer service. As long as I stay in BA, I plan to be their customer.

I had the cheap hospital Aleman plan before. Extremely disatisfied. As the ques there are very long. And seems to be overflowing with people. Everytime I needed a doctor, I had to wait for 2-3 hours. Plus the doctors seemed over worked and frustrated. (by the way, german hospital does not mean it has German doctors!) ( too many expats have that cheap plan and are all over that place)

Hospital Italiano is even worst!

The hospital which has really won my heart is.

I. A. D. T - Instituto Argentino de Diagnostico y Tratamiento. I don't have enough good words to say about this hospital. If you can take a insurance plan which has coverage in this hospital, you can't go wrong.

The best thing is that it has really experienced doctors (I was referred to a doctor there, who was like 73 years old and he was doing that kind of medical expertise for over 30 years. Since then I have become his fan) and waiting time in this hospital is minimal. Not over crowded at all.

Another two hospital I recommend to you is:

Sanatorio de La trinidad:- Its the high end hospital of Buenos Aires where the super rich go ( some of my local friends who are multi millionares go there ; TV stars and Film stars are regulars there). The facilities are superb. I go there for my blood / urine tests etc as its next door to my house.

And finally, I also recommend:

Sanatorio Otamendi y Miroli. Very very popular and very good hospital. Its the preferred hospital of Christina's family. Her mother and daughter regularly take treatment there. Its one of the oldest hospitals of Argentina.

If you can get into these three hospitals. You can't go wrong.

Try to take osde plan as it covers all these three plus the German hospital, Italian hospital as recommended by other mongers.

Insurance info over 65

If anybody cares. I talked to the people at the German hospital. Yes there is coverage available for this age- 69. They would not give out much information on the phone and I do not think there is any reference to seniors on the web site. I had to talk to someone who seemed in a supervisory position. Not sure. She said the coverage was 'like' one or two of those listed plans but again refused to be specific. She did say that the monthly premium was 7000 pesos. Paying in Blue Dollar pesos amounts to $466 dollars per month. And depending on the coverage. It is not bad in the world of what's available away from USA Medicare. (The Philippines has Blue Cross which is interesting too).

In other input is welcomed indeed. If you do. Please state your age!

Does anyone have private health insurance in Argentina. I am interested in any kind of health coverage policy for someone over 64 (69). I see private companies on the net but little info is provided. Thanks. I am NOT interested in 'international policies'. They are really really expensive. In just a few countries you can buy 'country specific'. Again thanks.
    I just had a quote from Aleman, for a male 61 yrs in reasonable health the cheapest policy was 1. 850 pesos more or less. If you want I can send you the quote.

Hospital Aleman and OSDE

Does anyone have private health insurance in Argentina. I am interested in any kind of health coverage policy for someone over 64 (69). I see private companies on the net but little info is provided. Thanks. I am NOT interested in 'international policies'. They are really really expensive. In just a few countries you can buy 'country specific'. Again thanks.
    I am going to buy private health insurance here in BA from the German Hospital in Recoleta this Friday, the Hospital Aleman.

Nice hospital that seems to be the best in BA. Highly rated.

Very clean, almost air-conditioned.

Nothing like back home in Houston but very nice for Argentina .

$1450.00 per month for me and $2400.00 if I add a "Friend. ".

Considering that an appointment is $425.00 per appointment ($20.00 with insurance) and my rehab is $200.00 (free with insurance) per day then $1450.00 is a deal.

A lot of things included. House calls for maybe 5 bucks. Crazy!

Anyway, that's me but I'm a lot younger.

They can't deny you for previous conditions.

I was considering another company that is Highly Recommended.

OSDE.

You can go wherever OSDE is accepted.

Toss up between the 2 .

With the Germans I'm limited to their place but with OSDE you have a ton of choices.

I just have not been able to find any contact info for OSDE!

Good Luck,

TL.

I can ask the Germans about a plan for you this Friday.

www.hospitalaleman.org.ar

planmedico@hospitalaleman.com

Go here:

www.Baexpats.org

Lots of info on BA health insurance. For those getting older the options are fairly limited. Hospital Italiano apparently offers insurance coverage for the elderly population. I would use the search function for Hospital Italiano at Baexpats.

Private health insurance over 65

Posting Limitations