Thread: Bringing dollars into BA

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Cheerfull
    Quote Originally Posted by Member#3320  [View Original Post]
    I was in bangkok recently.

I would say, that pussy prices of bangkok = pussy prices in ba ( blue prices).

Rest of the things in BA are more expensive than Bangkok..plain and simple.
    Its cheaper back in the states then it is in Argie land right now. .

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    Actually I believe its 10.000USD per family. So that makes it even fishier. I tried once with one of my kids ( I was actually traveling with three of the brats) that he claimed $9.900 and I also claimed $9.900 and the asshole customs inspector Said we were only allowed $10 K per family unit.
    It is 10g per person, minors might be 5g.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    You guys are talking about sums of money that I am not familiar with. I thought Argentina is even cheaper than Bangkok these days. Now, I have to abandon my plans!
    I was in bangkok recently.

I would say, that pussy prices of bangkok = pussy prices in ba ( blue prices).

Rest of the things in BA are more expensive than Bangkok..plain and simple.

All this money!

You guys are talking about sums of money that I am not familiar with. I thought Argentina is even cheaper than Bangkok these days. Now, I have to abandon my plans!

Actually I believe its 10.000USD per family. So that makes it even fishier. I tried once with one of my kids ( I was actually traveling with three of the brats) that he claimed $9.900 and I also claimed $9.900 and the asshole customs inspector Said we were only allowed $10 K per family unit.

He should have used RIA!

He should have used RIA!

Administrator

Venues: 398
    There's no way that the man's own bank ratted himout to the Argentine customs authorities.

Think it through: At the time that your friend withdrew the 12k cash from his JP Morgan account, how exactly would the JP Morgan employees know that he was going to take it with him to Argentina, as opposed to any other country in the world, or simply to be spent on a Christmas shopping spree in the USA?

My guess is that either your friend declared the 12k on his customs form, or he did something else to give himself away, and/or the Customs officials were bluffing, and it worked.

12k in hundreds is a stack approximately 1/2 an inch thick. Your friend could have easily carried that through Customs in his jacket pocket. FYI, Argentine customs officials at EZE are prohibited from searching individuals personally for "contraband" unless they can claim that they observed a descernable bulge in your clothing.

Something is missing.

Thanks,

Jax

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerfull  [View Original Post]
    A friend who is in BA for several months, withdrew $12,000 from Jp Morgan for his trip to Arg. When he arrived to customs in BA, they knew he had more than the limit $10,000 and asked him how much he had. My friend saved his hide by saying half $6.000 was for him and the other half for his son (who was traveling with him). Seems like the banks exchange info. With Argentina.
    USA banks do not exchange info with Argentina. The story is missing key elements or your friend is confused. It does not compute.

Bringing dollars into BA

A friend who is in BA for several months, withdrew $12,000 from JP Morgan for his trip to Arg. When he arrived to customs in BA, they knew he had more than the limit $10,000 and asked him how much he had. My friend saved his hide by saying half $6,000 was for him and the other half for his son (who was traveling with him). Seems like the banks exchange info with Argentina.

Posting Limitations