Thread: Tour from Iguazu to BA

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Pinolo
    It's a trip I made many times, both by bus and by car.

And to be honest, there's not really much to see! Most of the interesting stuff is in Misiones right at the beginning of the trip. You'd probably be better served to stay in Iguazu for a few days and do some day trips, then take the overnight bus direct to BsAs.

Yapeyu

Quote Originally Posted by Pinolo  [View Original Post]
    Hi everybody,

I've been lurking the forum for a while, since I was supposed to come to BA for a visit. The visit was delayed but finally I'll come there!

I'm now in Sao Paulo, and was thinking about arriving to Iguazu by plane and then BA by bus. I wanted to know if you guys know any nice place where to stop in the way to BA from Iguazu? I've found only about the former Mission of San Ignacio, that is on the way, so certainly that will be a stop. Any other suggestions?

I should arrive to Iguazu in Christmas, then BA, then back to SP around the 7-10th of the month. Fortunately I'm quite flexible with the days!

And of course I'll find time in BA for some chikas. Will post my reviews here.

Thanks!
    If you are interested in history you could stop at Yapeyu. It is the birthplace of Jose de San Martin. What is left of the family home is inside a museum.

Don't plan on staying there as it is a very small town, one old hotel, one restaurant and dirt streets. Make certain your bus goes to Yapeyu and not Yapeyu (cruz).

This is the crossroad about five miles out of town and you may have to walk unless you are able to hitch a ride. Otherwise go to Paso de los Libres and take a local bus.

Don B.

Tour from Iguazu to BA

Hi everybody,

I've been lurking the forum for a while, since I was supposed to come to BA for a visit. The visit was delayed but finally I'll come there!

I'm now in Sao Paulo, and was thinking about arriving to Iguazu by plane and then BA by bus. I wanted to know if you guys know any nice place where to stop in the way to BA from Iguazu? I've found only about the former Mission of San Ignacio, that is on the way, so certainly that will be a stop. Any other suggestions?

I should arrive to Iguazu in Christmas, then BA, then back to SP around the 7-10th of the month. Fortunately I'm quite flexible with the days!

And of course I'll find time in BA for some chikas. Will post my reviews here.

Thanks!