This blog is moderated by TejanoLibre
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskas  [View Original Post]
    Don't forget Marciano was a Heavyweight so technically his record would continue since Floyd is a welterweight. The last heavyweight who was close to beat Marciano's record was Larry Holmes.
    Why would I forget? The undefeated/perfect record applies to all boxers in any weight class which is why Mayweather wants it so bad and doesn't want to lose. If he becomes 50-0 while Rocky is 49-0 then Mayweather would have the record over him regardless of weight class. All the boxing experts are calling it that way. In the end it may not matter as the longer Mayweather fights the odds increases that he will lose if he keeps fighting. This is a different era where no one leaves undefeated and boxers never really retire. They always come back for more.

Would be great if Marciano was around to face Lennox Lewis, a prime Tyson and the klitschko brothers and then go undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskas  [View Original Post]
    Don't forget Marciano was a Heavyweight so technically his record would continue since Floyd is a welterweight. The last heavyweight who was close to beat Marciano's record was Larry Holmes.
    And in addition, neither Holmes or Marciano were known for ducking fighters. Mayweather ducked PacMan for years until he was half the fighter he once was.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RcCollins  [View Original Post]
    Mayweather will likely fight Amir Khan in September and if he wins he will be 49-0 matching Marciano's record. To go to 50-0 and break the record he will likely give Pacquiao a rematch generating huge bucks for both fighters again. They will be selling the chance for a perfect record (50-0), the rematch with a new shoulder for Manny and the chance for all those who hate Floyd to see him lose and yes people will line up to watch it again, Especially if they fight in Manila, thriller in Manila II, Its all about marketing, if you sell it, they will buy!

Mayweather will likely fight Amir Khan in September and if he wins he will be 49-0 matching Marciano's record. To go to 50-0 and break the record he will likely give Pacquiao a rematch generating huge bucks for both fighters again. They will be selling the chance for a perfect record (50-0), the rematch with a new shoulder for Manny and the chance for all those who hate Floyd to see him lose and yes people will line up to watch it again, Especially if they fight in Manila, thriller in Manila II, Its all about marketing, if you sell it, they will buy!

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    I'm sure glad that I did not buy a Front Row ticket for $335,565.00 DOLLARS .

Thought about it for a second .

TL.
    And what about theover priced rooms at every hotel?

$1600 for a night at the MGM.

Very Boring

Quote Originally Posted by RobBarone  [View Original Post]
    I am here in Vegas...this was caos during the week. But on the day of the fight the streets were deserted. The airports packed. And the fight was a dancing match. Boring as hell.
    I'm sure glad that I did not buy a Front Row ticket for $335,565.00 DOLLARS .

Thought about it for a second .

TL.

I am here in Vegas...this was caos during the week. But on the day of the fight the streets were deserted. The airports packed. And the fight was a dancing match. Boring as hell.

I am in Angeles, PI now. During the flight, the main road here MacArthur HWY was completely deserted. Similar to what I saw on AVE Santa Fe when Argentina was playing in the World Cup. Every bar was packed to the gills. Filipinos love Manny Pacquiao.

Boxing fans get suckered punch again.

Free in Bangkok as well, courtesy of advertising dollars. But this says it all.

"The ring announcer stood up with his cat-that-that-ate-the-canary smile, announcing that the champion now was 48-0.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/04/sp...T.nav=top-news

Watch Mayweather Fight in BA Free

Boxing in BA .

Cristina has done one thing well .

Free TV for Everyone .

Vote grabbing Witch .

Cool thing is that I can watch the Mayweather fight in a few minutes for Free in HD .

Would be Pay Per view in the USA .

Public TV on channels 7 and 23 so far .

Have fun,

TL.

Posting Limitations