Thread: Current Market Data (request for...)

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Wild Walleye
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    ..What a ribeye dinner with a bottle of Malbec at Perilla Pena go for these days?
    I am looking at my receipt. I was there not long ago.

Table charge 120.

House wine 1/2 280.

Ribeye 1/2 1900.

Total 2300.

I ordered full size ribeye for maybe 2700 but the waiter was nice to tell me it was too much. When I was there, there were not that many customers. All locals there are just drinking and did not order meat dish like I did.

On the other hand, the pricier steak houses I went to Palermo were always full by the time I finished mine.

There is no doubt that the providers in Bs As are generally much better than what is available in the US. However, US$100/hour still seems high, given the 22hr
    When you convert that to blue dollar, it becomes close to ridiculous if you ever mongered in other SA countries considering some will charge 40 mil pesos . My observation is most of these chicas are more hard core and have been doing this for a long time. If that pricing works, they would have been rich already. I am surprised how old on average they are. If I am here to have one session a day, I simply will not look for these but overall I am going to spend a lot more on the selected ones over a period of a month. The chicas have to work harder to make more money with a regular. It's a different math.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NoOne For This Post:

During the currency control era of the past decade, the AP powers that be put a helpful little window on the front page that showed ARS to USD (and Euro) for both official and blue rates.

Having not been back to Bs As in many years, I am not sure I want to just select some random dude on Florida and take my chances. I am certainly willing to take some risk to avoid the official rate, however. If I was travelling in the near future, I'd definitely PM a couple senior locals and get some recommendations.

I for one would greatly appreciate some more pricing info for what it costs to buy stuff in Bs As, like nice dinners and poon.
    I thought the same way. That is why I go to all the places mentioned, some twice! The touts don't have money. They take you to the cambios and the cambios don't look shady to me. I check the bills as much as I could and don't see any problem. The best method is to send money to yourself via western union before your trip. I made some calculation, Cambios is a money making business, they don't have to use fake bills, not saying it is is impossible.

The best dinner on average probably won't cost you more than USD40. I had a ribeye at an expensive place in Palermo today and it costs less than US$30. I had 2 paellas at one of the more expansive places and it's less than 30USD total. I don't know what the waiter was thinking and gave me the wrong order so I ordered a second one. That is how cheap things are if you have USD.

I think 100USD can get you most online girls but lots of them have restrictions, many won't do BBBJ or DFK. The least expensive ones are near Centro that is 1500 pesos for 30 minutes. I have not sessioned at these places yet. The lowest I have been to is 5000 pesos. I had a TLN without any restriction with a college age girl for 100USD. I probably could do a couple more but the others all have restrictions. I really enjoy and like this city. But for mongering, go to Colombia, don't come there. You pay more for way less and it is hard to get quality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NoOne For This Post:

During the currency control era of the past decade, the AP powers that be put a helpful little window on the front page that showed ARS to USD (and Euro) for both official and blue rates.

Having not been back to Bs As in many years, I am not sure I want to just select some random dude on Florida and take my chances. I am certainly willing to take some risk to avoid the official rate, however. If I was travelling in the near future, I'd definitely PM a couple senior locals and get some recommendations.

I for one would greatly appreciate some more pricing info for what it costs to buy stuff in Bs As, like nice dinners and poon.

I can provide change to who wants.

I can provide change to who wants.

I'm located in Colegiales, between Belgrano and Colegiales.

Also I can provide info about local girls (there are a LOT of beauty ones).

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    I completely forgot about an Antique Dealer on the Corner of Rivadavia and Libertad one block behind a very well known and frequented eating establishment that we all know...
    I am posting this to save others time.

I am sorry to say this info is not useful for me. The antigue dealer is giving 195, just like everyone else. I had to visit this place twice but it is close to a restaurant I like so not out of the way. The other info are not specific enough for me to find them. The number is not on WP for me.

The easiest method is to walk down Florida street, and just talk to everyone whispering "cambio". At least one of them will give you rate above 195 once they saw you pass on other deals. They will take you to the cambio office in the building. My original concern was fake bills but so far no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Seismo  [View Original Post]
    I have used this one many times : Scalabrini Ortiz 3205.

It is an unmarked storefront, no signs,names, etc.

Ring the buzzer and you"re in.

Hours were 9a-5p mon-fri.

There are also lots of good restaurants in the area.
    Thanks for tip. Will save this for next time.

$$ CAMBIO in Palermo

I have used this one many times : Scalabrini Ortiz 3205.

It is an unmarked storefront, no signs,names, etc.

Ring the buzzer and you"re in.

Hours were 9a-5p mon-fri.

There are also lots of good restaurants in the area.

Anybody know of an $ exchange place in Palermo? Save me a trip down town.

At AR$5,000-7,500 (with the blue rate at 200:1), we're starting to get back to 2007 pricing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Howdy Amigo! PESOS for Dollars Update

Quote Originally Posted by Boston  [View Original Post]
    Great info, thanks, TL.
    I completely forgot about an Antique Dealer on the Corner of Rivadavia and Libertad one block behind a very well known and frequented eating establishment that we all know.

Very well.

His exact address is the following:

Rivadavia 1201 ( his business is on Libertad and Rivadavia ) ; double entrance , well lit , legit ( for a Pawn shop / Antique Dealer! .).

Unfortunately we do and have done too much business together but I consider him Honest enough to Pawn Expensive SHIT a few times a month!

He BUYS Green Backs! Maybe $200.00 to $1.00 as I type!

Not sure about English Abilities but Money is the Universal Language!

9:30 to 6:00 0r 6:30 M-F , Sat. Closes very early! Definitely recommendable dude!

Please Drop my real name ; "Ramiro," unfortunately his BEST Client!

Whatsapp- If you can Parlay?

112490 9693.

Likeable albeit his profession.

Later,

Tejano Libre.

He just floated me a quick Loan!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tejano Libre For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    All along "Florida St." and "LaValle" (?) you will be surrounded by Blue Dollar Hawkers and you can just point blank ask them directly what they can do for you!

I have a very good source that gives a 100% guarantee that if any of her bills are rejected as Fakes she will replace them . No questions asked! Her bills have her own very discreet stamp that say that she sold them to you.

Florida and Marcelo T. De Alvear ( basically where Florida Begins. ) Upstairs Gallery in a small Clothing Shop . Sexy Brazilian Woodie Factory to me for whatever reason! Personality? Much larger than I prefer but damn!

I need to find her business card or just go and visit her.

Another excellent and very reliable source is on Florida and maybe Paraguay in a Gallery . Sells Soccer Jerseys. I can get you his name and address also. Easier at least. So , don't worry , Blue Bucks are readily available .

Be Well,

Tejano Libre.
    Great info, thanks, TL.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Boston For This Post:

Blue Bucks are Everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston  [View Original Post]
    Good info, thanks. I have not visited for about 4 years. Going soon. Where is a good place to take advantage of the Blue Dollar? Appreciate the info.
    All along "Florida St." and "LaValle" (?) you will be surrounded by Blue Dollar Hawkers and you can just point blank ask them directly what they can do for you!

I have a very good source that gives a 100% guarantee that if any of her bills are rejected as Fakes she will replace them . No questions asked! Her bills have her own very discreet stamp that say that she sold them to you.

Florida and Marcelo T. De Alvear ( basically where Florida Begins. ) Upstairs Gallery in a small Clothing Shop . Sexy Brazilian Woodie Factory to me for whatever reason! Personality? Much larger than I prefer but damn!

I need to find her business card or just go and visit her.

Another excellent and very reliable source is on Florida and maybe Paraguay in a Gallery . Sells Soccer Jerseys. I can get you his name and address also. Easier at least. So , don't worry , Blue Bucks are readily available .

Be Well,

Tejano Libre.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    I've been in CABA for the past 2 1/2 years. With a "Blue dollar" exchange rate of 180 and change at the moment it is dirt cheap here. Anybody tells you different is either ignorant, a liar, or has an agenda. My chica range is between $5,000 and $10,000 pesos. These are almost exclusively girls who advertise as Masajistas on the internet. YMMV from handjobs to fucking. The boliche scene is nearly dead but Delirio is open. I've been once. This is where you are going to get dollar quotes. Like the old days if you wait them out until morning the prices will become pesos. If not you'll pay through the nose. I know some fellows who go there.

Cocodrilo might be open. I'm not sure.

In addition to the girls everything else is cheap as well.

Bring dollars and /or arrange to send yourself money through Western Union. Do not use ATMs or your credit card. The government exchange rate is a *****.
    Good info, thanks. I have not visited for about 4 years. Going soon. Where is a good place to take advantage of the Blue Dollar? Appreciate the info.

Currently....

I've been in CABA for the past 2 1/2 years. With a "Blue dollar" exchange rate of 180 and change at the moment it is dirt cheap here. Anybody tells you different is either ignorant, a liar, or has an agenda. My chica range is between $5,000 and $10,000 pesos. These are almost exclusively girls who advertise as Masajistas on the internet. YMMV from handjobs to fucking. The boliche scene is nearly dead but Delirio is open. I've been once. This is where you are going to get dollar quotes. Like the old days if you wait them out until morning the prices will become pesos. If not you'll pay through the nose. I know some fellows who go there.

Cocodrilo might be open. I'm not sure.

In addition to the girls everything else is cheap as well.

Bring dollars and /or arrange to send yourself money through Western Union. Do not use ATMs or your credit card. The government exchange rate is a *****.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

I will be returning for the first time since 3/2020 in January , so I started doing some research the other day. Chica prices are all over the place, i have seen some ranging from 2000 pesos to 36000 pesos.

The middle tier girls seem to be averaging 5000-6000 pesos/hour. The exchange rate is around 185/1.

To get a true idea as to what locals are paying ,take a look at Bairesgirls website. There is a link on the front page of this website. Once inside , look for their forum {foro} where you can find full reviews along with pictures and prices.

It is all in spanish but even if you only speak/read english you should be able to figure it out.

Stay away from the places that post prices in dollars and you will do great! It looks like prices are back to a level seen 10-15 years ago. Of course most of it is due to a most favorable blackmarket exchange rate.

I can't address food costs but the current level of inflation has happily killed my appetite.!

Posting Limitations