Basa is located at Basavilbaso 1328 in the Retiro barrio. Phone number is 4893-9444. I took a date here on a Saturday night around 10:30 without a reservation. They only take reservations until 9:30 PM. Place was packed and we had to wait for a table. I loved the soundtrack they played. I heard a great techno version of the song Bang Bang.

We had an appetizer of a ham dish which my date and I both agreed that it was good but a conservative choice. There are probably better choices.

We split a shrimp dish that came with salad. We ordered a potato dish and a side of broccoli. They were out of the Brussels Sprouts which I really wanted. Chocolate mousse for desert. We drank a couple of glasses of Chardonnay. My date does not drink so she just took a couple of sips off my wine.

Total damage with 10 percent tip was 1050 pesos with peso at 15.75 to 1. I guess it probably would have run me $100 to $130 in Los Angeles.

This is hip place to make the scene as of October 2015. I did not feel uncomfortable at all being with a younger woman in the restaurant. Nobody really cared.