Thread: Roja Tango at Faena Hotel

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Big Boss Man

Roja Tango at Faena Hotel

I took a date to this Dinner-Tango Show. The show is held in a small intimate place inside the Faena Hotel. Dinner was excellent. I recommend the Patagonian Deer Pate as a starter. Excellent steak cooked to perfection at medium rare. Girl had the salmon which was ordinary tasting to me. Transportation to and from the hotel is included in the price.

The tango show for me was a bit long. I am not the stupidest SOB on the board and sometimes I can go in depth on topics but after about an hour it all started looking the same to me. Plus i do not understand the words to the songs except they did a version of Roxanne in English. My girl had some tango lessons in high school so she was interested in the various steps the dancers were making. It was her first tango show ever. The male singer has a excellent voice and can really hold a note. Female lead singer was good also. I had a good night. It has been awhile since I saw a Tango show. It is good to expose your mind to different things.

Definitely a tourist show as most of the audience was speaking English.

Definitely pay in pesos. The bill comes in 4 currencies -- pesos, reals, euros and dollars. In US dollars they were charging $295 per person. In pesos, 2850 pesos. With tipping I paid around 6500 pesos total. Most guys were paying with credit cards so definitely these are people not on a budget.

As we were walking out, I saw that the Faena also has a lively night club with a band playing. It looked about 75% full at midnight on a Thursday. It might be a good spot to stop in for a drink if you are in the area.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

Posting Limitations