Thread: BA Power Outage

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by PickCherry12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire  [View Original Post]
    https://apnews.com/a29b1da1a91542faa91d68cf8e97a34d

I'm glad I'm not in Argentina right now. Has this affected any of you expats living in Buenos Aires?
    No power from early morning to early afternoon. An inconvenience but not much more than that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

International News

https://apnews.com/a29b1da1a91542faa91d68cf8e97a34d

I'm glad I'm not in Argentina right now. Has this affected any of you expats living in Buenos Aires?

Not new

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf50  [View Original Post]
    This is all part of CFK's subsidy scheme. The pink house tells the electric companys they cant raise their rates. The gov't only gives them a small portion of the subsidy they promised. Maintenance and new generating capacity are put on hold indefinitely. Service suffers. But!! Being the typical lieing no good bad asses that they are the pink house continues to put more taxes on your electric bills. So while the electric company cant raise their rates the gov't raises the taxes. My electric bills are currently 50% more then before with a large reduction in electric usage due to the fact I have a apartment that is not rented. Just another example of how the K's have screwed up things here.
    Power outages were common twenty some years ago.

I had to walk up 15 flights to my apartment more than once.

Actually 17 flights as the elevator only went to the 15th and my apartment was one of two on the 17th.

Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by PickCherry12  [View Original Post]
    Is power outage the new normal in BA? Yesterday I went to one my favorite restaurant on Montevideo and they had candles lit on all tables. Then I thought that perhaps it was some kinda romantic thing gong on in there... But after sitting for awhile I realized that it was getting hot and uncomfortable, and many people were leaving. So I asked the waiter, what's going on here? He was like they hadn't had the power for two hours!

Also today I have seen many generators in front of stores on Florida st. I have been coming here for many years, but I've never seen anything like this. It must be screwing up the economy big time.
    This is all part of CFK's subsidy scheme. The pink house tells the electric companys they cant raise their rates. The gov't only gives them a small portion of the subsidy they promised. Maintenance and new generating capacity are put on hold indefinitely. Service suffers. But!! Being the typical lieing no good bad asses that they are the pink house continues to put more taxes on your electric bills. So while the electric company cant raise their rates the gov't raises the taxes. My electric bills are currently 50% more then before with a large reduction in electric usage due to the fact I have a apartment that is not rented. Just another example of how the K's have screwed up things here.

They are planned brown outs. http://www.enre.gov.ar/.

BA Power Outage

Is power outage the new normal in BA? Yesterday I went to one my favorite restaurant on Montevideo and they had candles lit on all tables. Then I thought that perhaps it was some kinda romantic thing gong on in there... But after sitting for awhile I realized that it was getting hot and uncomfortable, and many people were leaving. So I asked the waiter, what's going on here? He was like they hadn't had the power for two hours!

Also today I have seen many generators in front of stores on Florida st. I have been coming here for many years, but I've never seen anything like this. It must be screwing up the economy big time.

Posting Limitations