Thread: Che Taco

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Daddy Rulz

Would Return

The food was about as good of Mexican as you will find in BA. Three beef tacos for $135. Three pastor tacos for $145. Sodas are $50. Not sure if it is normal, but they must've put a half pound of meat on each taco. I was stuffed after three.

More Che Taco

The table service was severely challenged; the waiter wasnt much help. No Pina Coladas, no Kaulua, Margaritas not bad. Wouldnt go back.

Burritos

Last night Bayboy and myself ate there.

We both had a Burrito.

Not bad, with the guacamole and the mid hot sauce.

The margaret's were good.

There was only 8 people there, four inside and four outside.

I had marked on the map in the wrong place. It was a long walk from Paraguay and San Martin.

Austin Memories

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    I can think of no better compliment to pay a Tex Mex joint than to say they would find success in my little slice of heaven in the Lone Star State known as South Austin.
    I lived in Austin for more than 25 years. It is a toss up whether Austin or San Antonio have the best Tex-Mex, but since SA is a drive, I will have to go with Austin. My hands down favorite was the now closed Las Manitas on the North side of the river. Unfortunately, what was a hole-in-the-wall is now an office building, and the sisters who had the restaurant did not open a new place.

Tied for second is Guero's on Congress in South Austin (the Tacos al Pastor were more Central Mexico than Tex-Mex) and the original El Aroyo on 6th street near Mopac. I have not been in Austin since my Mother passed away, so there may be some newer places that serve good Tex-Mex.

Tres3.
    Last edited by Tres3; 01-29-16 at 16:16. Reason: Typo

Che Taco

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    That they think this place is more interior than Tex-Mex. I didn't see that and while I wasn't Texas bred I got there as soon as I could and lived their for 25 years. I will be interested in your opinion.

My fascination with hookers started at the Rosies on the corner of Oltorf and S Congress.
    I could use some good Tex-Mex will give it a try, thanks.

Che Taco

Balcarce 873, San Telmo. Tel: 4361 1707. Hours: Tuesday to Saturday 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Sunday 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm https://www.facebook.com/CheTacoArg.

I can't believe I did not know about this place, the last I was in town. It lists that they opened in 2009. TejanoLibre how did you miss it.

I put it on the Restaurant Map.

Some people have told me

Quote Originally Posted by BA2005  [View Original Post]
    As a south austin alum (travis high)for the late 60's I will give this place a try , I know Rosies when only one store (take out) highway 71 and 620, and its Chuy's bartons springs road not Chuies.
    That they think this place is more interior than Tex-Mex. I didn't see that and while I wasn't Texas bred I got there as soon as I could and lived their for 25 years. I will be interested in your opinion.

My fascination with hookers started at the Rosies on the corner of Oltorf and S Congress.

South austin

As a south austin alum (travis high)for the late 60's I will give this place a try , I know Rosies when only one store (take out) highway 71 and 620, and its Chuy's bartons springs road not Chuies.

Che Taco

In case it was here and I've missed it, appologies to the group. I have been meaning to eat at Che Taco for quite some time and just never got around to it. I did last night and must give it high marks indeed.

I can think of no better compliment to pay a Tex Mex joint than to say they would find success in my little slice of heaven in the Lone Star State known as South Austin.

I had the Kekas (Something like that, really quesadillas) with chiopoltle and they were pretty freaken awesome. If you haven't been to South Austin or Thailand you probably shouldn't eat them because they are hotter than Rominas pussy. I followed with the enchiladas and they were more Rosies Tamale House than Chuy's but they were really good.

Address is Balcarce 873 phone 43611707.

https://www.facebook.com/CheTacoArg

Posting Limitations