This blog is moderated by PianoPlayer

June 2016 Buenos Aires impressions

Buenos Aires has changed tremendously since my last visit four years ago. Many thanks to TejanoLibre for tips and updates. I highly recommend his services for newcomers.

Most of the night clubs (boliches) are closed: Madahos, Hippo, Black, and many others are no longer. The current situation for mongering is best described as lots of girls in apartments and a very small number of night venues for freelancers. Apartment girls can be found on a variety of web sites and are reviewed on the local Spanish-language forum. Prices seem to range from 600 pesos to 1000 pesos or more for 30 minutes to one hour, or about $40 to $70 US, for incall, more for outcall. I did not encounter any where one could just ring the buzzer and see a line-up. Calling ahead is now de rigeur.

The remaining nightclubs include Hook (250 pesos for beer), Newport (180 pesos for beer), D’Lirios (170 pesos for beer and cover charge some nights), Pampitas, formerly Nuevo Estilo strip club, and 977 Marcelo T De Alvear (no cover and reasonable prices). At Hook opening offers for girls to leave with you range from 3000 pesos (about $220 US) to $300 US. I was not able to negotiate lower than 2000 pesos, or $140. Newport prices were similar, girls were older and less attractive than at Hook. At D’Lirios, on Vicente Lopez near Azcuenaga, quality was high but several girls told me that none will leave for less than 3000 pesos or $200 US. Opening offers were ridiculous. Café Excedra on Cordoba features 8 or 10 older streetwalkers around midnight; they are no longer allowed to enter so they stand on the sidewalk looking in the windows at the potential customers. I hear Cocodrillos is still open but cannot confirm. The other option for gringo mongers is to contact the various providers listed on this forum in the independent providers section. Most of their threads include prices and reviews.

A 100-dollar bill yielded 1400 pesos June 15 on Florida Street. Inflation is now officially 4.5%. Per month. All of these prices are therefore indicative only and are sure to change in the (very near) future.

Posting Limitations