Thread: 977 Marcelo T De Alvear

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
This blog is moderated by HappyGoLucky

977 Marcelo T Alvear (and Newport)

Newport was really busy tonight, but I only saw one chica that caught my eye and then she left early (lots of tattoos and big tits); tats aren't my thing, but I make exceptions when they exude the right aura. On her way out she looked straight at me but kept walking; a chica that won't even stop to say "Hola" is usually looking for a big payday.

Anyway, on to 977 Marcelo T Alvear. I saw some really pretty chicas I'd never seen there before; one was on her way out as I came in. I must have looked impressed because on her way out she stopped to tell me she'd be back soon if I wanted to wait. I actually thought about it; she was that pretty.

And then there's Monica, the bartend. I love giving business to 977 if for no other reason than Monica. She's the real gem, iMHO.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HappyGoLucky For This Post:

Far better than hook in my opinion

For all the reasons mentioned this the best deal and far more relaxing place than Hook. The best part of this place is the bartender is my old friend Monica. If you treat her well she will make sure you get cold drinks, snacks etc. Met the owners who seemed quite reasonable as well. The owners have nothing to do with the ladies who wander through but they treat everyone with respect which is what I look for in a bar. Everyone welcome as long you respect the others in the bar. If I lived in BA this would quickly become my "local" bar. Tell Monica Pete sent you! Drinks are far better and half the price of hook. You only buy a lady a regular drink if you want to; no pressure.

Pete.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Sideburn For This Post:

I dropped in on three different nights and found the line-up quite variable. One night midweek there were around 10 girls, mostly acceptable and a few very nice looking. Another night on the weekend 3 girls, not at all attractive. Agreed that given time this could turn into a great place, and the bartender is indeed outstanding. Price expectations here seem a bit more reasonable than Hook or Newport.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PianoPlayer For This Post:

977 Marcelo T De Alvear

Went to 977 tonight for a drink at 1:30 a.m. The place was pretty crowded up front, but twice as many guys as girls. The remaining talent averaged between 4-5. The layout is nice and a lot better than Ness IMHO, with many more comfortable tables, nooks, and corners than Hook. I'm puzzled why more upscale talent isn't available at 977, especially since so many other clubs are now closed; girls must think they'll make more at Hook. But 977 has the best manager/bartender IMHO; she's truly first class. Maybe 977 will fulfill its potential in time; I'd like to see that happen. But it will probably depend on the new "Keep" and the new "Ness" (whenever they open). On the way out I bumped into one of the gatas and got a seriously dirty look; they could lighten up a little and maybe that's why better talent isn't forthcoming.

Posting Limitations