Thread: American Politics during the Trump Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Admin

Legal Places in Nevada

Here is a couple:

Quote Originally Posted by Aiwil2  [View Original Post]
    That sounds strange JB since prostitution is not illegal in the US. It is illegal in all states except for Nevada, where it is illegal in most, but not all, counties. Can you cite any laws?

Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mustang Ranch 001.jpg‎   Mustang Ranch 002.jpg‎   Wild Horse  001.jpg‎   Wild Horse  002.jpg‎  

Winner 2017 Noob of the year

I would describe the USA as a country where prostitution is for all intents and purposes illegal, the tiny number of tightly controlled legal brothels in rural Nevada are an anomaly. You can't legally pick up a street walker, or hook up with a backpage girl, anywhere in the USA. If you are a US person and travel between states or outside the country, federal law applies. Section 1591 of Title 18 USC outlaws "sex trafficking activities that affect interstate or foreign commerce". Right now it seems the only prosecutions of johns are age related. But you know as well as I do that today the definition of "sex trafficking" in common parlance includes any type of prostitution, regardless how old or how willing the prostitute is. At any time, someone could use the current law to crusade against Americans who go overseas to have sex with prostitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiwil2  [View Original Post]
    That sounds strange JB since prostitution is not illegal in the US. It is illegal in all states except for Nevada, where it is illegal in most, but not all, counties. Can you cite any laws?

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBob  [View Original Post]
    ... snipped ...International travel for the purpose of paid sex is already illegal. ... snipped

Bob.

Let me digest what you have just said... The elected majority of the congress make the laws... Except if the elected majority are old, white men. Or if the law concerns women's bodies. In which case only women can make the law. Hmmm. Just wondering if we must have male lawmakers make the law when it is a male fetus being aborted. Anyway. So what type of laws do you think these women would make about the female prostitutes you have sex with? What if these female lawmakers decided that sex with a prostitute is sexual assault because the woman's financial situation makes her unable to consent to paid sex? Are you going to report to the nearest police station to make yourself subject to the law? Oh wait. International travel for the purpose of paid sex is already illegal. I guess you will have to report to the nearest police station so this law (no doubt proposed by women) can be applied to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    We are all subject to laws. Statutory and common. Who makes the statutory laws-an ELECTED MAJORITY of the Congress and 50 State Legislatures. Who constitutes this majority-over 50 WHITE men. A woman should have the right to choose what she does with her body. Abortion is terrible, but old, white men should not sit in judgement of what a woman does with her body. We have ROE vs WADE because old white men attempted to tell a woman what she could do with her body. If an unmarried man does not want to pay child support, he should either wear a condom or keep his dick in his pants.

Laws and Women's Rights

We are all subject to laws. Statutory and common. Who makes the statutory laws-an ELECTED MAJORITY of the Congress and 50 State Legislatures. Who constitutes this majority-over 50 WHITE men. A woman should have the right to choose what she does with her body. Abortion is terrible, but old, white men should not sit in judgement of what a woman does with her body. We have ROE vs WADE because old white men attempted to tell a woman what she could do with her body. If an unmarried man does not want to pay child support, he should either wear a condom or keep his dick in his pants.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

It is very possible the wh0re would keep the baby despite your wishes and still make you pay child support and there is nothing you can do about it. But then if it was a child you wanted to keep, in the USA, the mother could kill it and there would be nothing you can do about that either. I think the father should have just as much say in the fate of the fetus as the mother, this however is obviously not the case, the woman, or the government, can weigh in, you and I cannot. It would be great for example if you had the right to tell the woman you want an abortion, and if she refuses, you would not be responsible for child support. So ultimately it is not the question of abortion, but the question of men's rights in this matter. The father should have an equal say as the mother. Personally I think it is murder, I could not do it, not to my child, but what you do to your baby is your business.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    So if you got a prostitute pregnant, you would not want her to have an abortion? I definitely would want the abortion. I have no qualms about it.

I agree, abortion is the main reason he is disliked by the left. Personally I don't agree with abortion, but that issue doesn't cause me to support or not support Kavanaugh, because abortion really doesn't affect my day to day life, although I find it just as upsetting as any other type of murder. I see abortion as being a part of a raft of pro-woman laws which allow women to basically get away with murder. You can be guaranteed if a woman murders you, she will claim it was self defense or claim you abused her, and probably feels like crying in court will allow her to skate. The same way women are not punished for false accusations, it encourages them to make false accusations because they have nothing to lose. I do see these type things affecting all of our lives, we are all just one angry woman away from ruined reputations, jail, or worse. I really don't have much sympathy for women who go out drinking and fall asleep in a stranger's house and the next day want to make it go away by saying they were assaulted, and I am convinced that in most cases they lie about what happened due to not wanting to look like a wh0re, or being angry the guy was only looking for casual sex.

So if you got a prostitute pregnant, you would not want her to have an abortion? I definitely would want the abortion. I have no qualms about it.

I agree, abortion is the main reason he is disliked by the left. Personally I don't agree with abortion, but that issue doesn't cause me to support or not support Kavanaugh, because abortion really doesn't affect my day to day life, although I find it just as upsetting as any other type of murder. I see abortion as being a part of a raft of pro-woman laws which allow women to basically get away with murder. You can be guaranteed if a woman murders you, she will claim it was self defense or claim you abused her, and probably feels like crying in court will allow her to skate. The same way women are not punished for false accusations, it encourages them to make false accusations because they have nothing to lose. I do see these type things affecting all of our lives, we are all just one angry woman away from ruined reputations, jail, or worse. I really don't have much sympathy for women who go out drinking and fall asleep in a stranger's house and the next day want to make it go away by saying they were assaulted, and I am convinced that in most cases they lie about what happened due to not wanting to look like a wh0re, or being angry the guy was only looking for casual sex.

...the only real difference I have with Kavanaugh is his stance on abortion... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdTl...tCWOD3TOVmLLzf.

I don't believe it is limited to cash, domestic transactions over $10,000 are also automatically reported by banks. Rest assured multiple transactions just below the $10,000 ceiling will also be scrutinized.

Since I was interested I did my own Google search. All domestic cash transactions over $10k need to be reported. All transactions with a foreign entity over $10k, cash or otherwise, need to be reported. I did a quick overview so I hope I am stating it correctly.

You bring up an interesting question. Do banks have to report to the Feds all domestic transactions over $10k. My understanding is that they have to report all foreign transactions over $10k. Does anyone here know?
    Since I was interested I did my own Google search. All domestic cash transactions over $10k need to be reported. All transactions with a foreign entity over $10k, cash or otherwise, need to be reported. I did a quick overview so I hope I am stating it correctly.

Maybe sums over $10,000 are subject to mandatory reporting. I am sure there are numerous donations in the $9600 range seems to be a safe amount chosen to avoid mandatory reporting at $10,000 and heightened scrutiny for amounts of 9,999 etc. It's one of those grey areas where these lawyers are being dishonest in saying it is pro bono, I am pretty sure they can guess where the money comes from, but they have plausible deniability they can claim they don't know who individual donors are. Basically the Democrat representatives could deny confirmation of Kavanaugh for any reason they like, if they had sufficient votes, but because they don't have enough votes, they are doing this completely unacceptable smear campaign, relying on crocodile tears of ridiculous lying women who can smear him with false allegations without a shred of evidence, or trying to goad Kavanaugh in to some type of reaction (such as the emotional theatrics SteveC mentioned) to give them some other excuse to derail the nomination. I would think the members of this forum would be very worried about metoo, even if you don't like Kavanaugh, any woman you meet alone could accuse you. Imagine if some chica figures out you're an important person, then threatens to report you for "abuse" if you don't pay her off, the investigation would reveal you paid for sex, which would subject you to possible legal action in the USA, you would be stuck between a rock and a hard spot. This metoo movement is dangerous to every man. Seems like another man who has himself been damaged by metoo is a good man to have on the highest court to reign in this craziness.

The limiting number on the GoFundMe is probably the Gift Tax. GoFundMe is self-reporting. Usually you can see the list of names of people that have donated. Of course, it does not stop people from using fake names.

You bring up an interesting question. Do banks have to report to the Feds all domestic transactions over $10k. My understanding is that they have to report all foreign transactions over $10k. Does anyone here know?

I think the only real difference I have with Kavanaugh is his stance on abortion. I would assume most members of this Board are pro abortion rights. Otherwise he votes 95% of the time with Garland on the Appeals court. I was not against Garland.

Since most abortions are done with pills these days, I doubt getting Roe vs Wade overturned will have much affect on the number of abortions in the USA. Women will just not have a right to privacy about her abortion if Roe vs Wade is overturned. Before Roe vs Wade there all kinds of mechanisms to get an abortion. With the pills, it will be even easier to subvert law. I doubt the USA puts anyone to death for performing abortions like the Germans did in the 1940s. A movie I watched that told the story is "The Story of Women." Actually this one was in France not Germany. I can't find it for free. Here is the intro from a TV show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdTl...tCWOD3TOVmLLzf.

You know three women who claim to have been assaulted. I know three women who claim to have been assaulted also, and I am quite convinced all three are liars: Ford, Ramirez, and Swetnik. We all watched the interview where Ford lied her pants off making contradictory statements. I won't get in to the lies of Ramirez and Swetnik because they are not even worth addressing. It seems that there is no intimidation of women even when they are obviously lying to keep quiet, because prosecutors simply won't go after a crying woman for perjury. There is simply no country where women are more free to speak their minds, including lying with impunity under oath, than the United States. But who really cares if an alleged assaulter gets off scott free. Real criminals go free, and the innocent are jailed every day due to prosecutorial misconduct. How does that harm you in the least? However, if you are the subject of a false accusation, you are assumed to be guilty, and suffer tremendously even if you are proven innocent. That is the reality that matters. What we see is many gold-diggers taking advantage of their ability to enrich themselves by attacking rich and powerful men with crocodile tears, that is the reality. If you're paying women to have sex with you, then these people would say you're assaulting women because the women are forced from economic necessity to have sex against their will. Of course we all know this is untrue, we have all heard the screams of bliss of happy h00kers and observed them skipping home joyously with our money in their pockets. But anyone of them could falsely accuse you of assault, and your reputation would be destroyed, because it would be reported you were "trafficking" women, even if you somehow beat the assault charge. I would like to hear how you explain to these three women who you claim to know that you were just helping a poor women feed her fatherless children or something and weren't "trafficking"

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC  [View Original Post]
    Interesting article from Laurence H. Tribe, professor of constitutional law at Harvard Law School.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/o...e-himself.html

As for "This metoo movement is dangerous to every man", that is just ridiculous. I personally know of three women that were sexually assaulted by men in authority over them and were intimidated in various ways to keep silent. I think to deny the power that powerful men have had over women is closing your eyes to reality.

As for proving that her lawyers didn't work pro bono, as you say yourself, "It may be hard to trace the finances of Blasey's lawyers", but if you do I'm sure that I can do better than $5 dollars for a dinner.

And some more strong reasons for opposing the nomination. The first time WaPo has opposed a SCOTUS nomination since Bork.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.7a908e39da2b

Interesting article from Laurence H. Tribe, professor of constitutional law at Harvard Law School.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/o...e-himself.html

As for "This metoo movement is dangerous to every man", that is just ridiculous. I personally know of three women that were sexually assaulted by men in authority over them and were intimidated in various ways to keep silent. I think to deny the power that powerful men have had over women is closing your eyes to reality.

As for proving that her lawyers didn't work pro bono, as you say yourself, "It may be hard to trace the finances of Blasey's lawyers", but if you do I'm sure that I can do better than $5 dollars for a dinner.

Maybe sums over $10,000 are subject to mandatory reporting. I am sure there are numerous donations in the $9600 range seems to be a safe amount chosen to avoid mandatory reporting at $10,000 and heightened scrutiny for amounts of 9,999 etc. It's one of those grey areas where these lawyers are being dishonest in saying it is pro bono, I am pretty sure they can guess where the money comes from, but they have plausible deniability they can claim they don't know who individual donors are. Basically the Democrat representatives could deny confirmation of Kavanaugh for any reason they like, if they had sufficient votes, but because they don't have enough votes, they are doing this completely unacceptable smear campaign, relying on crocodile tears of ridiculous lying women who can smear him with false allegations without a shred of evidence, or trying to goad Kavanaugh in to some type of reaction (such as the emotional theatrics SteveC mentioned) to give them some other excuse to derail the nomination. I would think the members of this forum would be very worried about metoo, even if you don't like Kavanaugh, any woman you meet alone could accuse you. Imagine if some chica figures out you're an important person, then threatens to report you for "abuse" if you don't pay her off, the investigation would reveal you paid for sex, which would subject you to possible legal action in the USA, you would be stuck between a rock and a hard spot. This metoo movement is dangerous to every man. Seems like another man who has himself been damaged by metoo is a good man to have on the highest court to reign in this craziness.

Actually at least one of the supporters was named. Phil Lesh gave $10k. Jim Bob, you have revealed yourself as not being a Deadhead or you would have found the information in your Google feed. LOL. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqhemmeAZAA.

Posting Limitations