Thread: American Politics during the Trump Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Admin

Economy is already changing in Los Angeles

I count cranes on my drive to work. We were at a high of 17 cranes 6 months ago. Yesterday there were only 6. So new construction projects are not being started as old ones finish. I think fiscal policy is needed to keep the economy moving forward. Hopefully that new investment money will go to places were it is more needed and less congested like Trump counties. We forecast 180000 jobs lost in Los Angeles County if we put a 35% tariff is put on trade with China. A large portion of the goods you find at Walmart and Costco come through the Ports of Los Angles and Long Beach.

Another interesting experience I had recently is that I bought a maple leaf gold coin for someone's birthday at one of these gold exchanges. The other 3 people in the store were all selling. I have never been a gold bug but I always want to buying what others are selling. I am trying to decide was this a freak coincidence or is there really a low demand for gold right now and a buying opportunity.

It has only been a bit more than 50 days

Come on guys give the man a chance, it's only been a bit more than 50 Day's.

Unemployment and job numbers are still being cooked, they have not pivoted yet but will have to when the U3 goes negative indicating we are employing more people than are available. Guess they will start using the U6 then.

Don't forget the market, that too is just a figment of the imagination, since it skyrocketed as soon as Trump was elected.

How could he go wrong by firing 3,200 eggheads at the EPA?

I just wish he would abolish the Department of Energy, which was set up under Jimmy Carter during the Arab oil embargo to insure we had adequate oil supplies. Anyone notice we have an oil glut - so the reason for continuing the white elephant is what?

Abolish the Department of Education, what an oxymoron at the federal level, let the states run their own programs as before.

Start impeaching liberal federal judges when they clearly engage in judicial overreach. Damn sure need to split the 9th Circuit Count of Appeals and let the Peoples Republic of California, Washington and Hawaii live in LaLa Land. It can be done as it was with the 12th. The 9th is the most reversed count in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    Obama has been on Twitter since 2007, posted over 15000 posts.

Not one has come to the attention of any Government agency.

But, lots of Trumps Tweet's are in the news.

Why?

What drug is he on?

What an egotistical liar.
    You would be quiet too if you had a maniac like this leading you. Btw, remember when Trump and the republicans and even some members here used to bash Obama for his positive job report/unemployment numbers. Predictability now they are out there embracing those same job report numbers and the first one was even left over numbers from the Obama Admin.

Liar ??

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]

Why?

What drug is he on?

Arn't all Politicians ..Sort of comes with the Job...

Just an Observation ??

How come the Trumpers are Quiet?

Why?

What drug is he on?

To Liberal Progressive & Conservative Brothers

To all my Liberal Progressive & Conservative brothers here on the board. Rave on my brothers because no one really cares and you are not going to change anyone's mind but vent your spleen to your heart's delight.

As with the Obamanation and now with the Trumpian it is going to play out as plays out and there is absolutely nothing either side of discussion can do about it but piss, bit#h and moan.

So take a chill pill, drink a beer and enjoy the Super Bowl.

My Best to you ALL.

Monger on dudes!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    He's a troll, he's probably on other boards where he pretends to be a progressive and says shit like that to enflame conservatives.

It's not about the issues for them, it's about getting you to notice them. Most likely he's somebody that's already been banned here multiple times
    If you're talking about me, wrong on all counts. And sorry to read that someone calling out Trump's shit upsets you so much. Well, not really sorry, and not surprised either.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus  [View Original Post]
    You seem upset. Don't cry, OK?
    Not upset at all mate. The fact that this prick is ruining your country's reputation is very sad as I've always admired the US. The rest of the world thought Bush was bad, this is going to be even worse. The only thing I'm worried about is if he starts another war.

Don't feed the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC  [View Original Post]
    No, I'm fine pal, you keep them all, I think you're going to need them before too long. I'm just watching this train wreck from a distance, enjoying the hypocrisy and double standards of the Republicans. Like Orrin Hatch whinging about the Democrats opposing a totally ideological SCOTUS appointment, after they delayed the Dem's pick for 11 months. A total moral vacuum is taking shape in the US atm.
    He's a troll, he's probably on other boards where he pretends to be a progressive and says shit like that to enflame conservatives.

It's not about the issues for them, it's about getting you to notice them. Most likely he's somebody that's already been banned here multiple times

No, I'm fine pal, you keep them all, I think you're going to need them before too long. I'm just watching this train wreck from a distance, enjoying the hypocrisy and double standards of the Republicans. Like Orrin Hatch whinging about the Democrats opposing a totally ideological SCOTUS appointment, after they delayed the Dem's pick for 11 months. A total moral vacuum is taking shape in the US atm.
    You seem upset. Don't cry, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus  [View Original Post]
    Need a tissue bro?

Another Bad Call From The President

He slams the PM of Australia on a phone call.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...lian-pm-report

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.cbedf6aae740

http://nypost.com/2017/02/01/trump-b...t-call-by-far/

FOXTV says "You will not see this on this Channel".

This just came out on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...90079738540033

What the Fuck is he Smoking.

I think he still thinks he thinks he is running his a Game Show on non really TV.

Why are taxes bad for conservatives and good for liberals?

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...housing-prices

For me, it is a social war and nobody really cares about the economics.

I think we are going to a have an Atlas Shrugged situation. All the liberals are going to quit working because the taxes are too high and the Republicans living off social security will no longer be able to afford their guns. Basically that is what is happening right. Impose tariffs on international companies so that some idiot in Ohio can get a job.

Never understood the fascination with Ayn Rand which I read as a teenager. I mean Rand liked kinky sex so those parts were good. But Ryan and Tillerman are mature men now to continue to say Atlas Shrugged is their favorite book.

Read Ethan Canin's America America and you will have a better understanding why liberalism failed.

Investigation of voter fraud

I guess that states you live in don't announce to many things about the truth.

Such as the Pew report in 2012.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ud-math-214695

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/18/u...raud.html?_r=0

We started building the Wall along our California Border and Trump Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    The Electoral College is in place for the very reason Trump won, the east and west coast (most populous) portions of the county can not elect the president - it takes the WHOLE COUNTRY. Read the amendment and try to understand the reason still exists today as it did then. The liberals LOST the conservatives and middle of road folks WON.

As for the three million - lets see what the investigation of voter fraud has to say at the end of the day. Good example is the immigrant who finally got citizenship and was able to vote, but guess what he had been voting for years in California. Don't even want to go there on all the dead people who keep rising from the grave and voting. Voter ID is a good thing, its not discriminatory if you have to show ID to cash a check, open an account or get on an aircraft why not voting? If you are too lazy or too stupid to get an ID then you are too stupid and too lazy to vote.

Thank God for Harry Reid - remember when he changed the Senate rules for federal judges - the nuclear option - when the Democrats ran everything? Well you are looking at nuke 2 for the Supreme Court and Reid's reasons for nuke 1 are going to be exactly the same for the Republicans with nuke 2. So suck it up buttercup.

You sound like a conspiracy nut with the ACA BS - the Republican's and Trump have been trying to get rid of it for years. While he is at it lets get rid of the EPA, Federal Energy Dept, Health and Human Services and Education (oxymoron) Department - let the states run them. If they want to tax the shxt out of their residences like California does to hand out goodies more power to them and if they don't - you want a hand - look on the end of your arm.

Three million more Americans told Trump to go fuck himself than voted for him. You still don't get it.... And once they implement their masterplan of abolishing the ACA with no replacement, there'll be a few million more telling him to go fuck himself.
    Need a tissue bro?

Posting Limitations