Thread: American Politics during the Trump Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Admin

Another One Bites the Dust

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    If the President can fire the AG for any reason then who polices the President? Some presidents have not been models of virtue. Perhaps even the present one.
    Sally Yates , You're Fired !

TL.

Let see

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC  [View Original Post]
    Three million more Americans told Trump to go fuck himself than voted for him. You still don't get it.... And once they implement their masterplan of abolishing the ACA with no replacement, there'll be a few million more telling him to go fuck himself.
    The Electoral College is in place for the very reason Trump won, the east and west coast (most populous) portions of the county can not elect the president - it takes the WHOLE COUNTRY. Read the amendment and try to understand the reason still exists today as it did then. The liberals LOST the conservatives and middle of road folks WON.

As for the three million - lets see what the investigation of voter fraud has to say at the end of the day. Good example is the immigrant who finally got citizenship and was able to vote, but guess what he had been voting for years in California. Don't even want to go there on all the dead people who keep rising from the grave and voting. Voter ID is a good thing, its not discriminatory if you have to show ID to cash a check, open an account or get on an aircraft why not voting? If you are too lazy or too stupid to get an ID then you are too stupid and too lazy to vote.

Thank God for Harry Reid - remember when he changed the Senate rules for federal judges - the nuclear option - when the Democrats ran everything? Well you are looking at nuke 2 for the Supreme Court and Reid's reasons for nuke 1 are going to be exactly the same for the Republicans with nuke 2. So suck it up buttercup.

You sound like a conspiracy nut with the ACA BS - the Republican's and Trump have been trying to get rid of it for years. While he is at it lets get rid of the EPA, Federal Energy Dept, Health and Human Services and Education (oxymoron) Department - let the states run them. If they want to tax the shxt out of their residences like California does to hand out goodies more power to them and if they don't - you want a hand - look on the end of your arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    WT, he had the right to fire the acting AG - an Obama holdover - <snip>
    If the President can fire the AG for any reason then who polices the President? Some presidents have not been models of virtue. Perhaps even the present one.

The rest of the country in between the east and west coast just told you to go fu#k yourselves and you still don't get it.
    Three million more Americans told Trump to go fuck himself than voted for him. You still don't get it.... And once they implement their masterplan of abolishing the ACA with no replacement, there'll be a few million more telling him to go fuck himself.

Hold on a minute

The list that was acted upon was from your boy Obama, so maybe you should ask him why those countries got a pass.

That said, I have no problem adding them.

I noticed you omitted Jordan, could that be because they are taking to the radicals in spades?

Immigration Order

Trump's 90 day freeze on immigrants from 7 predominantly Muslum countries did not go far enough. He should have included Saudi Arabia (birthplace of 9/11 terrorists), Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, and Egypt. But wait, doesn't Trump have business interests in some, or all, of those countries?? Before applauding Trump, let's get rid of the double standard.

Tres3.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Hey he is the Prez

WT, he had the right to fire the acting AG - an Obama holdover - who refused to defend the executive order. She does not get to decide what she will defend and not defend. As far as the INS guy - the union guys you know the ones actually doing the job - wanted him out and they supported Trump so now he is gone too. There are consequences to winning and losing elections.

As far as executive orders - guys it comes with the territory. Many of Trump's exec orders are undoing Obama's- hey in Obamanations famous words "We won you lost get use to it".

I was noticing all the up roar about the statute of liberty - perhaps you forgot but that was a gift from France and they chose the inscription not us.

You think we are getting tough on immigration take a look at the Scandinavian countries - now they are locking it down. In Germany Merkle is now worried about if she will get reelected. I was in Germany in August and I can tell you the average Herman the German is tired of the ragheads screwing up their country - think they would have learned that lesson back when they imported labor from Turkey and now they can not get rid of them.

I am absolutely loving the Hollywood melt down. People who make their living pretending to be someone else are now the social, environmental and foreign policy experts, give me a break. I am all for rounding up the democrats and Hollywood elites and and dropping them off in the tribal regions or Pakistan - let's let them get up close and personal with all these poor down trodden misunderstood folks they love so much. Polesi in a berka - I'm loving it.

Hey you guys in the last 8 years have lost governorship's, state legislatures, the House, the Senate and now POTUS, and the only bastions you have left are the east and west coasts as well as a few liberal cities in between. The rest of the country in between the east and west coast just told you to go fu#k yourselves and you still don't get it.

End of rant.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

Nothing since the 23rd

Are you Trump Tweeters happy?

He just fired his Acting Attorney General and the guy in charge of Immigration and enforcement.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/ind...torney_ge.html

https://www.follownews.com/trump-fir...orcement-2gyhi

What a Fuck up guy.

I heard that he said in the 1980s, when he was a Democrat and that if he ran for President he would run as a Republican, because the were dumb enough to elect me.

Was that You?

And you said O'Bama was a lousy President.

Executive Orders

I hope all the Obama haters that used to complain about him issuing executive orders (when obstructed by the Repubs in the House and Senate) are going to comment on the validity of Trump's style of governing. How many executive orders has he passed since he took office? And here's to a country without Ambassadors. Its getting started.

Trump's Unpopularity

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...otus-pick.html

As Trump would say I "heard on the internet"; that his popularity is getting worst after his Press conference.

Extra extra!, Latest news No Tax Cuts for the Rich.

I wonder how many of the Trumpers will want to change their vote for him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Putin's Dog 001.jpg‎  

Breaking News

President Elect Trump announced all the necessary building materials for the wall between the USA and Mexico have now been acquired.

When asked about the source of the sudden supply of building materials President Elect Trump responded ....

Upon my election every Democrat / liberal / Progressive shit a brick - materials problem solved.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

The Country of Chad

They discovered Oil in Chad.

Three oil companies worked out a deal to produce it for them. They built a pipe line to the coast.

Part of the deal was to educate the people of Chad and give them a better life.

Tillerson talked the President of Chad into dumping the other two oil companies and just use Exxon.

The President of Chad decided to build up his Military and not educate his people or make their lives easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    For the same reasons, I liked Romney as Secretary of State I think Tillerson is a good choice. I think he will be a countervailing force against moving towards an economic nationalism movement as he was a proponent of PTT. I think we have Putin by the balls so I do not think we should let up on economic sanctions. But I suppose those within the administration have more Putin love and it is going to change.

I am a little curious about Trump attacks on the F-35. From my casual reading and understanding, the Russian Air Force has not been competitive with the US Air Force since the Korean War.

Economic policy is also going to be interesting. The guys Trump hired are more associated with Brooking Institute and Goldman Sachs which are more traditionally associated with Democrats. I think there will be some conflicts with Ryan and the American Enterprise Institute boys.

James Baker said this yesterday and I was thinking the same thing that Trump should stop shooting from the hip (phone calls with the Taiwanese) on foreign policy until he has all the levers under his control. Obama may be unwittingly or purposely taking actions counter to Trump's strategy. There are only 35 more days to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    The onus of proof is upon he who asserts the positive.

On second thought, go to hell.

Don B.
    Don't lash out at others for your marginal reading comprehension skills.

BTW, here's a hint for you - it is by definition.

Cheers

Huh!

I ask all my liberal / progressive brothers here on the board to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbjPJsqvLjo
    You wanted us to watch a Honda commercial?

Tillerson is a good choice.

For the same reasons, I liked Romney as Secretary of State I think Tillerson is a good choice. I think he will be a countervailing force against moving towards an economic nationalism movement as he was a proponent of PTT. I think we have Putin by the balls so I do not think we should let up on economic sanctions. But I suppose those within the administration have more Putin love and it is going to change.

I am a little curious about Trump attacks on the F-35. From my casual reading and understanding, the Russian Air Force has not been competitive with the US Air Force since the Korean War.

Economic policy is also going to be interesting. The guys Trump hired are more associated with Brooking Institute and Goldman Sachs which are more traditionally associated with Democrats. I think there will be some conflicts with Ryan and the American Enterprise Institute boys.

James Baker said this yesterday and I was thinking the same thing that Trump should stop shooting from the hip (phone calls with the Taiwanese) on foreign policy until he has all the levers under his control. Obama may be unwittingly or purposely taking actions counter to Trump's strategy. There are only 35 more days to wait.

Posting Limitations