Thread: American Politics during the Trump Presidency

+ Submit Report
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Admin

Post #35

This is part of same article as I posted way back when.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/mich.../11/id/758427/

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    I ask all my liberal / progressive brothers here on the board to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbjPJsqvLjo

Watch and Learn

I ask all my liberal / progressive brothers here on the board to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbjPJsqvLjo

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    I wish Sanders and Palin would keep their mouths shut? Trump doing the work of a mayor or governor does not hurt anything and gives him a good photo op. Today he is back onto the 35% tariffs. Weirdly, I think the agricultural senators will join with the coastal senators to prevent it. Here's Sasse's comment. "Pres-Elect Trump means well. But won't his 35% tariff idea raise prices on American families? How would it not be a new 35% tax on families?".
    Would the new 35% tariff apply to Trump aparrel, which is made in China and Vietnam.

Invasion of a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu  [View Original Post]
    Why is it not?
    The onus of proof is upon he who asserts the positive.

On second thought, go to hell.

Don B.

I wish Sanders and Palin would keep their mouths shut? Trump doing the work of a mayor or governor does not hurt anything and gives him a good photo op. Today he is back onto the 35% tariffs. Weirdly, I think the agricultural senators will join with the coastal senators to prevent it. Here's Sasse's comment. "Pres-Elect Trump means well. But won't his 35% tariff idea raise prices on American families? How would it not be a new 35% tax on families?".

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    Why is it a non sequitur?

Don B.
    Why is it not?

Why?

And the point of your non sequitur post is what?
    Why is it a non sequitur?

Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    The Carrier money was collected from ALL of the taxpayers, but was expended by the Government for the benefit of a few. Did all of the citizens of Indiana benefit?

Tres3.
    And the point of your non sequitur post is what?

You failed to consider Indiana's structural budget surplus and its much larger state reserve account.

To state that "There is no government money. There is only taxpayer money." is a conflation of the source of funds (taxes) with spending authority (government). Taxpayer monies collected by government and deposited into government coffers indeed become government funds to be statutorily used by government for the benefit of its citizens / residents as was done in the case of Carrier in Indianapolis.
    I prefer my terminology because if we don't think of "government money" as taxpayer money we get careless about how it is spent. And thus we care less about welfare cheats, ear marks, and unnecessary defense spending. This, i.e. Forgetting the source of "government money", is especially true in government bureaucrats.

You Appear Misguided

You failed to consider Indiana's structural budget surplus and its much larger state reserve account.

To state that "There is no government money. There is only taxpayer money." is a conflation of the source of funds (taxes) with spending authority (government). Taxpayer monies collected by government and deposited into government coffers indeed become government funds to be statutorily used by government for the benefit of its citizens / residents as was done in the case of Carrier in Indianapolis.
    The Carrier money was collected from ALL of the taxpayers, but was expended by the Government for the benefit of a few. Did all of the citizens of Indiana benefit?

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIWantIsLove  [View Original Post]
    Unless the state also reduced their budget/spending, other tax payers will be paying what Carrier will not be paying. There is no government money. There is only tax payer money.

Function of government

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    It gets better.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/w...223106708.html

Also, What prevents other Companies from saying that they going to move out of the country just to get our money, but not really intending to move?
    Now if we just had a government that stuck to its only real purpose, the protection of individual rights, this wouldn't happen.

On the subject of individual rights, in all of the debates leading up to the nominations and the election, I did not hear the phrase "individual rights" uttered even once.

The progressive/leftists are all for minority rights, the smallest minority is the individual, so if you are in favor of minority rights why are you not in favor of individual rights?

Don B.

Yes the same old Liberal/Progressive chant.

<snip>
    So what if the state gave Carrier tax breaks, its not like they wrote them a check for that amount. No they just REDUCED their tax burden. <snip>
    Unless the state also reduced their budget/spending, other tax payers will be paying what Carrier will not be paying. There is no government money. There is only tax payer money.

Carrier

It gets better.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/w...223106708.html

Also, What prevents other Companies from saying that they going to move out of the country just to get our money, but not really intending to move?

Who exactly do you think pays the taxes that Liberals/Progressives want to give away for "Social Justice" - the people who go to work everyday and the corporations and small businesses that employ them.

So what if the state gave Carrier tax breaks, its not like they wrote them a check for that amount. No they just REDUCED their tax burden. Tax reduction, the absolute boogieman for Liberals/Progressives. No wonder Trump scares them so much with his talk of reducing both corporate and personal tax rates as well as simplifying the tax code.

Not mention both Carrier and their employees will continue to pay taxes to the state to help replenish those funds.

A much better solution than writing checks to the welfare crowd who contribute nothing and are a drag on the economy.

Conservative Vs Liberal/Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumm2000  [View Original Post]
    I am waiting to hear what else was given to Carrier. Sickening. Americans don't care about Americans. Burn the Stars and Stripes and praise the new American flag....A dollar bill.

Who exactly do you think pays the taxes that Liberals/Progressives want to give away for "Social Justice" - the people who go to work everyday and the corporations and small businesses that employ them.

So what if the state gave Carrier tax breaks, its not like they wrote them a check for that amount. No they just REDUCED their tax burden. Tax reduction, the absolute boogieman for Liberals/Progressives. No wonder Trump scares them so much with his talk of reducing both corporate and personal tax rates as well as simplifying the tax code.

Not mention both Carrier and their employees will continue to pay taxes to the state to help replenish those funds.

A much better solution than writing checks to the welfare crowd who contribute nothing and are a drag on the economy.

Posting Limitations