This blog is moderated by Admin

Even Fox News....

Quote Originally Posted by RockHarders  [View Original Post]
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...nt-in-kentucky

Check your facts, sir. Ford DID plan to move production of the MKC model from Kentucky to Mexico, fortunately TRUMP talked them out of it.
    Fox News (Shep Smith), AP and just about every news source I can find who commented on this called out the serial liar's (Trump) bullshit on this. It was the union that persuaded Ford not to move. Disclaimer: I am not a Clinton supporter or whinging that she lost. In a way I'm glad she lost, but the duplicity of any politician should be reported.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveC For This Post:

I agree Romney would be a good choice for Secretary of State. Anyone reasonably normal, grounded and respectful will help smooth relations with other countries. I think it will be a tough choice for Romney though.

As far as others on the right, there are many I dislike: Giuliani, Gingrich, Cruz, Huckabee. Nasty and arrogant.

I don't see the Electoral College going away anytime soon, nor would I wish for it. I get the point that it's not normalized to each state's population. But going by the popular vote just gives more influence to big cities vs. Smaller cities/rural areas. Although it might help Dems, I don't think I like the idea of big cities having so much influence. Hillary winning the popular vote is a good thing though. I expect it will be brought up many times over the next 4 years.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Esten For This Post:

Yesterday

Ford said they had no plans to move.

I guess they lied.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTravel69  [View Original Post]
    Trump tweeted that he just stopped Ford Motor Company in Kentucky from moving to Mexico.

Ford had no plans to Move.

Why is he still trying to Blow Smoke up his believers Ass?

Trump tweeted that he just stopped Ford Motor Company in Kentucky from moving to Mexico.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...nt-in-kentucky

Check your facts, sir. Ford DID plan to move production of the MKC model from Kentucky to Mexico, fortunately TRUMP talked them out of it.

The Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    I've never been a huge fan of his but as soon as I read this I could see it. Certainly not the worst idea I've seen. I don't think it will happen though because he dissed him in the campaign. If it does it would certainly show his willingness to mend fences.

This whole "he doesn't know who he's going to pick because he didn't have a plan" shit is starting to piss me off a little. I'm still not a Trump fan but most President elects don't start announcing the major positions until well into December.
    What Romney has over the other candidates mentioned is gravitas. Giuliani reminds me of a hit man plus he has Bernard Kerik in his background. Gingrich left office in disgrace in 1998. Haley is a rising star but I question her experience for Secretary of State.

Electoral College imbalance

In this age when everyone is well connected and we can inform ourselves about the quality of the candidates, even those outside our city and state, the college needs reform. California has a population of 38,800,000 and 55 votes, Wyoming has 584,200 and 3 votes. Thus each vote from Wyoming is worth 362% of those from California. At the moment virtually no campaigning is done in many states because the result is never in doubt. If every vote counted, as in a direct election, more attention would be paid to everyone, not just in swing states.

A useful brief history of the electoral college is here: http://uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATI...ge_history.php.

"Direct election was rejected not because the Framers of the Constitution doubted public intelligence but rather because they feared that without sufficient information about candidates from outside their State, people would naturally vote for a "favorite son" from their own State or region.".

Informal invitation

Usually when the President Elect or the President wants a meeting with a Foreign Countries Leaders they notify the State Department.

Trump has met a few Leaders of other Countries and has not notified the State Department.
    "Let me know if you're passing by'. With typical British understatement The Times reported that the "informality of the invitation raised eyebrows among British officials".

http://www.smh.com.au/world/let-me-k...17-gsrzr3.html

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    It would ease many of my concerns about Trump.
    I've never been a huge fan of his but as soon as I read this I could see it. Certainly not the worst idea I've seen. I don't think it will happen though because he dissed him in the campaign. If it does it would certainly show his willingness to mend fences.

This whole "he doesn't know who he's going to pick because he didn't have a plan" shit is starting to piss me off a little. I'm still not a Trump fan but most President elects don't start announcing the major positions until well into December.

Romney would be a brilliant choice as Secretary of State

It would ease many of my concerns about Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]

Hey BBM, did you get that little factoid from the "fake" news on Facebook?
    Usually I do not click on Facebook news. That was why I qualified my statement as unverified. From my Facebook friends, I would say half of the vocal Sander's supporters (how's that for a scientific sample) did not vote for Clinton.

I use RealClearPolitics as my politics reader. Unfortunately RealClearPolitics does not keep their browsing history past 3 days.

David Plouffe said that Clinton received 70,000 fewer votes in Detroit than Obama did. I imagine Detroit would split somewhere between Los Angeles and Dallas. Los Angeles went 75% to 25% Clinton over Trump and Dallas went 66% to 34% Clinton over Trump.

Doppelganger, it's your ball now, don't turn it over. Right now I would advise that Trump prioritize the agenda at least in foreign affairs. In his campaign, Trump wanted to reset strategies and tactics at minimum with Russia, NATO, ISIL, Mexico, Canada, China and Japan. It seems like a large agenda.

Really the only policy of Trump's that scares me is the 35% tariffs on Chinese and Mexican imports. That would really hurt my economic base in California.

Repealing and replacing Obamacare does not affect me. It sounds like now they are just going to change how it is financed but Clinton was going to do that too. Changing the tax code will probably raise my taxes in the short run because I take every deduction currently available. Tax code changes will not affect me because I already save 20% of my income so I have room for error. Gay marriage and abortion does not affect me.

So basically if Trump does not screw up the economy, I will be okay. I think Navarro and Kudlow are in fantasy land projecting 5% growth under Trump's economic policies. I will be more than happy to be wrong on that one. I will probably earn more money on that scenario than most of the Trump supporters on my Facebook page.

State Department

Usually when the President Elect or the President wants a meeting with a Foreign Countries Leaders they notify the State Department.

Trump has met a few Leaders of other Countries and has not notified the State Department.

LIVs and now FIVs

Quote Originally Posted by Esten  [View Original Post]
    How big a part it played can be debated. But it played a role, and is par for the course for the right wing. Including their crescendo of deception in the last 1-2 weeks to help push them over the top.

Now we're learning that Facebook was another piece of the puzzle. Here's a very interesting article:

Facebook fake-news writer: 'I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me'.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...because-of-me/
    Argentina isn't the only country with Low Information Voters (LIV). I guess we now have to add another category--False Information Voters (FIV).

Tres3.

A quote from the article:

My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time. I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers dont fact-check anything theyll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.

Trump won in part from deception and misinformation

How big a part it played can be debated. But it played a role, and is par for the course for the right wing. Including their crescendo of deception in the last 1-2 weeks to help push them over the top.

Now we're learning that Facebook was another piece of the puzzle. Here's a very interesting article:

Facebook fake-news writer: 'I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me'.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...because-of-me/

Posting Limitations