This blog is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    How do you know Guilani was the "conduit"? Do you have proof? There have already been so many "twisting of the facts" and outright lies by both candidates, that we do not need more from some disgruntled poster. Put up or shut up.

Tres3.
    He said two days before the Comey letter that there was going to be a big surprise in a couple of days and he was laughing. What was the surprise if it was not the Comey letter?

Kellyanne Conway said on this morning's talk shows that the system is rigged. Everybody agrees with her.

It does not have to be true. The appearance of rigging is enough.

Do You Have Proof????

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    The FBI feeding inside information to the Trump campaign will never be investigated because Giuliani was the conduit.
    How do you know Guilani was the "conduit"? Do you have proof? There have already been so many "twisting of the facts" and outright lies by both candidates, that we do not need more from some disgruntled poster. Put up or shut up.

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tres3  [View Original Post]
    Clinton is blaming Comey for her loss. She neglects to mention that Comey would not even be in the picture if she had not installed the private email server in her home. She also neglects to mention that she was so unpopular that any of the other top three Republicans who lost to Trump in the primaries could have beaten her. Trump was the only candidate where she had a chance to win, and she still lost. For Clinton it is always someone else's fault. She is never to blame. I disliked both Trump and Clinton, but probably disliked Clinton more.

As to the protesters, under the First Amendment they have a right to protest, but the First Amendment does not give them the right to break the law.

Tres3.
    I think everybody agrees that this was a corrupt and rigged election. That is common ground for both sides although the reasons why the election was rigged are different. The FBI feeding inside information to the Trump campaign will never be investigated because Giuliani was the conduit. Why was the letter released on a Friday? Probably the same reason the sex tape was released on a Friday. It was coordinated.

Crybaby Clinton

Clinton is blaming Comey for her loss. She neglects to mention that Comey would not even be in the picture if she had not installed the private email server in her home. She also neglects to mention that she was so unpopular that any of the other top three Republicans who lost to Trump in the primaries could have beaten her. Trump was the only candidate where she had a chance to win, and she still lost. For Clinton it is always someone else's fault. She is never to blame. I disliked both Trump and Clinton, but probably disliked Clinton more.

As to the protesters, under the First Amendment they have a right to protest, but the First Amendment does not give them the right to break the law.

Tres3.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Protesters - wow anyone remember the protests by Republicans in 2008 and 2012? Probably not because they did not happen. Now we have the spoiled rotten kids out in the streets raising hell. So we live in a democracy so long as it goes the way the want? Gentlemen that is not democracy that's anarchy.
    But you conveniently ignore the Republicans who vowed to protest with violence if Trump lost. This ex Congressman is just one of many. http://www.salon.com/2016/10/27/joe-...ns-protesting/.

And the Republicans demand that Trump is respected as the elected President. How does that compare with the Congress and Senate treating Obama with total contempt and obstructing his every move since he gained office. And not to even consider his very mainstream choice for the Supreme Court. Then there's McCain and co who vowed not to consider any candidate for the court proposed by Clinton if she won. And the 'the people' did not vote for Trump, Clinton won the popular vote. The antiquated electoral college system won it for him. Time for a constitutional amendment on that score as its produced W Bush and now Trump. I would not have voted for either candidate, but there's a whole shit load of double standards coming from the right.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveC For This Post:

A Reason Why Trump Won

This was on the Morning Joe.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/mich.../11/id/758427/

Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    Well, call me whatever you want but the electoral college system will not change because that would require a constitutional amendment, and why would the less populous states vote to give up their disproportionate influence? But if you know the history behind it, you know it's not necessary any more. Personally, I would also like to see run-offs so that whoever eventually gets elected has a majority and not just a plurality. Any system that you can't explain to educated Europeans has got to be a little strange. I said the same thing when Benjamin Harrison was elected.
    The electoral college was and is a brilliant means to distribute representation around the country and to ensure (to some degree) that all geographical portions of the country have some representation. This was a huge concern during drafting of the Constitution (as chronicled in the Federalist papers). I think that we need it more now, than ever. Without getting into the weeds of policy, I think it would be fair to say that flyover country has been pretty well ignored, over the last 8+ years. Without the electoral college, the northeast and west coast only need a handful of additional votes to win an election. A couple of those cycles and flyover country will be boxed out of DC for good.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wild Walleye For This Post:

Riot???

The primary failing of ObamaCare was the one size fits all approach. Everyone's policy had to include drug rehab, psyc benefits, and for women maternity benefits (for 70 year old women - right) rather the folks wanted them or not. So instead of letting folks purchase the insurance they wanted the liberal elite once again decided they knew better and forced this albatross on the nation. Those are your cost drivers gentlemen.

The second failing of ObamaCare is the liberal elite's failure to ever consider normal human behavior.

National healthcare? Right - the welfare and medicaid systems work so well, not.

Which brings me to one of favorite rants - the elite's are always talking about Medicare and Social Security are going bankrupt (you know the programs the folks who worked and their employers paid for via payroll taxes), never do you hear about welfare and Medicaid running out of money.

My answer is to totally shut down the Federal Medicaid and Welfare Programs and turn them over to the states. If the taxpayers in the individual states want to fund the welfare state they are free to do so (The Peoples Republic of Southern California comes to mind) and if not then to not do so.

Protesters - wow anyone remember the protests by Republicans in 2008 and 2012? Probably not because they did not happen. Now we have the spoiled rotten kids out in the streets raising hell. So we live in a democracy so long as it goes the way the want? Gentlemen that is not democracy that's anarchy.

I'm with Reagan on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggUeDa48V4g
    Of course the Republicans did not riot......they could not.....they had to go to work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky2 For This Post:

My answer is to totally shut down the Federal Medicaid and Welfare Programs and turn them over to the states. If the taxpayers in the individual states want to fund the welfare state they are free to do so (The Peoples Republic of Southern California comes to mind) and if not then to not do so.
    I'd be cool with that, and not putting in means testing for the Medicaid expansion was insane. So, a lot of states are raising their minimum wages, and states have different tax structures, and US citizens can choose to live in any state. This liberal is fine with that.

I don't think so

Brotherman I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the 1st amendment. It's a right of a citizen in the US to protest. Obviously that doesn't include destruction of private property, violence, blocking streets ect. Those are crimes not protest, doesn't matter if it's "spoiled rotten kids" or spoiled rotten ranchers used to grazing their cattle on government land for free. But protest? They can hold up all the signs saying Trump sucks that they want as long as they want. It also means the KKK (who I personally abhor) can do the same thing. It also means the during the campaign the Trump organization could throw people out of the halls they rented for rallies.

I don't think it's right to denigrate people for wanting to be involved in a country that had a 35% (I think) voter turnout.

No Jail Time for the Clintons

Quote Originally Posted by DonB  [View Original Post]
    Will Obama pardon Hillary? Since she, like Nixon, has not been charged a pardon is tantamount to an admission of guilt.

But how can he, after all he said she had done nothing wrong. If he does, how about Bill and Chelsea, they are into the corrupt Foundation up to their necks?

If there are no pardons, will there be a special prosecutor appointed?

Don B.
    No matter what happens, I do not think any of the Clintons will do any jail time. They know where too many bodies are buried.

Tres3.

What next?

Will Obama pardon Hillary? Since she, like Nixon, has not been charged a pardon is tantamount to an admission of guilt.

But how can he, after all he said she had done nothing wrong. If he does, how about Bill and Chelsea, they are into the corrupt Foundation up to their necks?

If there are no pardons, will there be a special prosecutor appointed?

Don B.

Southern California does seem to be in another United States

Trump received 23% of the vote in LA County. Orange County voted in favor of a Democratic presidential candidate for the first time since 1936.

Every tax proposal increase passed by a wide majority.

What people fail to understand is that California is very competitive. The population is highly transitory. When you can no longer compete than you move out. Toyota just moved to Texas given 20 years of tax breaks but the building they were in was immediately filled. It makes no sense to have the back office for the car dealerships located in Southern California. Especially since Toyota now manufactures most it cars sold in the US in the US. We have lost several industries over the last thirty years. Aerospace manufacturing, car factories, furniture making, cut and sew apparel, and mortgage banking have disappeared. Even with the high tax structure, Southern California is a living laboratory of Schumpeter's creative destruction principles.

http://www.economist.com/news/busine...ms-startup-hub

ObamaCare

The primary failing of ObamaCare was the one size fits all approach. Everyone's policy had to include drug rehab, psyc benefits, and for women maternity benefits (for 70 year old women - right) rather the folks wanted them or not. So instead of letting folks purchase the insurance they wanted the liberal elite once again decided they knew better and forced this albatross on the nation. Those are your cost drivers gentlemen.

The second failing of ObamaCare is the liberal elite's failure to ever consider normal human behavior.

National healthcare? Right - the welfare and medicaid systems work so well, not.

Which brings me to one of favorite rants - the elite's are always talking about Medicare and Social Security are going bankrupt (you know the programs the folks who worked and their employers paid for via payroll taxes), never do you hear about welfare and Medicaid running out of money.

I'm with Reagan on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggUeDa48V4g

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    Before Obamacare, people I know went to the County hospital and had surgery done. After the bill for the surgery came, they would just file bankruptcy. So in the end, taxpayers were paying for it anyway.

People were also using the emergency rooms as their primary healthcare providers.

Trump campaigned on repealing and replacing Obamacare. Anybody have a link to what they are thinking about to replace it?
    He will replace it with Trump Care. That's when you promise to pay the doctor but you don't pay him, tie him up in litigation, then declare bankruptcy. That's how has run everything else he has gotten his hands on.

Posting Limitations