Thread: Taxi fare

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Shamester

Bus

If shamester really wanted to save some money, he would take the bus. But figuring out the route structure, even with an English language computer guide, is probably beyond his mental capability. Shamester would rather save money by cheating people. His screen name should be "no shame" rather than shamester.

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamester  [View Original Post]
    Used uber for the first time today. The app works nicely. Taxi arrived quickly to the hotel.

Driver spoke no English but was nice and dropped me off at slightly different location.

Later when checking my email the price was better than expected.

On the return back to the hotel, I had some problems. I was at Once corner pizzeria with a good address.

Unfortunately there was a problem trying to find a taxi. After several attempts, finally secured a taxi.

The system kept saying the driver was one minute away. Driver textured me but was probably at a different address.

Unable to locate each other. Canceled. Found a regular taxi and paid about 34 extra pesos.

In addition, Uber charged me 30 pesos for the late cancellation.

Shall attempt Uber again since my next location is much less crowded and easier to locate.
    Wow! A whole 30 pesos. Because you cancelled late. What's the world coming to?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Xanadu For This Post:

Request a refund

Used uber for the first time today. The app works nicely. Taxi arrived quickly to the hotel.

Driver spoke no English but was nice and dropped me off at slightly different location.

On the return back to the hotel, I had some problems. I was at Once corner pizzeria with a good address.

Unfortunately there was a problem trying to find a taxi. After several attempts, finally secured a taxi.

The system kept saying the driver was one minute away. Driver textured me but was probably at a different address.

Unable to locate each other. Canceled. Found a regular taxi and paid about 34 extra pesos.

Shall attempt Uber again since my next location is much less crowded and easier to locate.
    Uber will probably refund this charge if you ask. If the driver can not be found you are not the blame.

Uber

Uber

Uber works. I have not actually used it but cross checked it against what I actually paid and found the pricing about the same. Imo the savings are if you are traveling greater distances like the airport then the savings are decent. The hotel said I could save 200 to 300 pesos.

On the other hand, a problem with Uber is it charges higher rates at certain times. I have seen it at Two times the regular rate.

The waiting time is impossible to project since finding a regular taxi is extremely a hit and miss situation.

I Do not Pay in Advance

For security reasons, I seldom have a chica come to my place. I prefer to go to their place, at least for the first time. On the few occasions that I do have them over (even though there is a Portero), I give them the taxi fare with the service payment. If they are so broke that they cannot afford a one-way taxi, I do not want them in my apartment. After all, they are going to make in a few hours what the average Argie makes in several weeks. My tip is that I will see them again and/or I take them for a meal--I do not give them money, and my excess money is locked away in the safe with my passport, etc. I would rather forego what might be a good piece of ass for the piece of mind that I have reduced the possibility of being robbed. Fortunately I can afford to do this because I stay for several months, and do not have the time constraints of a short trip.

Tres3.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]
    In the interest of research, I got a quote from Uber for a trip from my hotel in Retiro to Chacarita. The quote was 109 pesos to 125 pesos. It seems similar to the what I paid for a taxi going Las Canitas.

Also if I remember correctly, there is a premium paid when you order a radio taxi.

Another way to track a person is to friend them on Facebook. It will tell you their general location. I think it is a relatively new feature or I just noticed it.
    Uber is normally less than taxis and sometimes half. There is sometimes less differential because of demand but Uber gives you the choice to accept the increase in advance. For me, Uber is a winner.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky2 For This Post:

Is Uber in Buenos Aires cheaper than using taxis?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky2  [View Original Post]
    Send them home on Uber for a fraction of the cost that gets charged to your credit card. Then you also know if the girl bullshits you on destination as you will receive the route on your receipt that is email to you. I have done it many time without flaw.
    In the interest of research, I got a quote from Uber for a trip from my hotel in Retiro to Chacarita. The quote was 109 pesos to 125 pesos. It seems similar to the what I paid for a taxi going Las Canitas.

Also if I remember correctly, there is a premium paid when you order a radio taxi.

Another way to track a person is to friend them on Facebook. It will tell you their general location. I think it is a relatively new feature or I just noticed it.

Depends

Is it common for chicas to request 300 pesos for taxi fare?

What is the experience of mongers paying before or after Sexo? Maintain half and half is reasonable.
    Back before the clubs got fucking crazy I used to always give the girl taxi fare back to the club. Didn't care what time it was or if she was done working. Her transportation issue to and from work are her problems. If they come to my place I give them reasonable taxi fare to any place in micro (100) because if they like in buttfuck and you give them the money to pay for a taxi to go to buttfuck they are going to pocket the money and take a train or bus.

Club girls I always pay after, I tell them I'm going to pay them after, and if it's a problem there's no deal. I'm not interested in finding a chick who's going to tell me how the date will work. I'm interested in chicks that do things the way I want them done. I don't have any hard feelings if they insist, I just walk away and move on to the next.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Uber

What is the experience of mongers paying before or after Sexo? Maintain half and half is reasonable.
    Send them home on Uber for a fraction of the cost that gets charged to your credit card. Then you also know if the girl bullshits you on destination as you will receive the route on your receipt that is email to you. I have done it many time without flaw. About paying in advance...........NEVER PAY IN ADVANCE...... How many times does this have to be said. Incredible..........

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky2 For This Post:

Usually the man pays the taxi

It is fairly standard practice from my experience that the agreement is the negotiated price plus taxi. In fact, if it was late at night, I always waited on the street until the cab arrived or even better call a radio taxi and wait in the foyer if you are on a lightly-traveled street.

I have always paid taxi anytime that I used out call or took a girl from a club.

In January 2017, a long-time favorite of mine was staying in Chacarita and I was in Retiro. The true round-trip fare was probably closer to 250 pesos but I was giving her 300 pesos.

If your Spanish is good enough negotiate the deal upfront.

A common way to ask for a tip is that they will ask for something to buy a present for their child. I heard that ruse be used all over the world.

Taxi fare

Posting Limitations