This blog is moderated by Moore

Thank CFK for the Feed Lot Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Moore  [View Original Post]
    I've walked by this place several times so I gave it a try. Got a 500 gram bife de chorizo that was tasteless...I actually put chimichurri on it just to add some flavor. I left half of it. Unfortunately I get this type of steak regularly in Argentina these days since they mostly switched from grass fed to feed lot beef. The place itself seems fine but too many tourists. I won't return.
    Many Argentine cattle raisers and corn growers switched to feed lots when CFK put an onerous export tax on corn. With the tax, farmers made more money selling their corn locally for cattle feed. There is still some grass fed beef around, but most of it is in high end restos, or places that buy direct. Unfortunately, most waiters do not know and/or do not care where the resto owner buys his beef. You can be pretty sure that the high volume tourist traps serve feed lot beef. To make matters worse, most of the feed lot beef is not aged.

Tres3.

Parrilla Aires Criollos - Sante Fe 1773

I've walked by this place several times so I gave it a try. Got a 500 gram bife de chorizo that was tasteless...I actually put chimichurri on it just to add some flavor. I left half of it. Unfortunately I get this type of steak regularly in Argentina these days since they mostly switched from grass fed to feed lot beef. The place itself seems fine but too many tourists. I won't return.

Posting Limitations