Thread: RIP Bruce AKA Jackpot

+ Submit Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
This blog is moderated by Bacchus9

Adios Bruce

The first time i met Jackpot was at a restaurant, he came in and Dickhead was there, Jackpot proceeds to order his meal with a gruff voice and short, commanding sentences. I looked at him and commented, all that's missing there is the "*****". He looked at me and said "*****". And we were great friends thereafter. Goodbye, Bruce, appreciate all the advice ya gave me.

The late Capt Dave once said to me, 'a mouth's a mouth.' Different strokes for different folks, I guess. One night I was drunk in BsAs and I ran into a tranny and it took me just a couple of minutes to catch on. S/he had some weed and so I took her/him back to my place for a smoke and paid him/her some pesos just to tell me what it was like to grow up gay in a small town in Colombia and what life was like as a tranny on the streets. S/he was a cool person and it was an instructive conversation. Pre-op and on the hormones. S/he did suggest a blow job but I respectfully passed on the opportunity and s/he was fine with it.

He Didn't Seem to Care Either !

Quote Originally Posted by ElPerro  [View Original Post]
    I heard that story straight from Jackpot, and even though it was clear it was a tranny Jackpot wasn't convinced. As cynical a guy as he was, he could be astonishingly naive. One of his many redeeming qualities.
    He Didn't Seem to Care Either !

That's the worst part to me.

NO CONVERSION VANS ALLOWED in MY World !

TL.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Jackpot and the Streetwalker:

This is my favorite Jackpot story.

JP picks up a Streetwalker somewhere downtown and they go back to his place and knowing JP and his notoriously cheap offers for Favors the Streetwalker pulled out a knife and said Bullshit !

We are going to have sex and you are going to pay me what I want !

JP settled for a little head but he NEVER found out if it was a Conversion Van or a Real Female !

That's the worst / best part of the story to me !

Hail Bruce !

TL.
    I heard that story straight from Jackpot, and even though it was clear it was a tranny Jackpot wasn't convinced. As cynical a guy as he was, he could be astonishingly naive. One of his many redeeming qualities.

I think knife = conversion van.

Jackpot and the Streetwalker

Jackpot and the Streetwalker:

This is my favorite Jackpot story.

JP picks up a Streetwalker somewhere downtown and they go back to his place and knowing JP and his notoriously cheap offers for Favors the Streetwalker pulled out a knife and said Bullshit !

We are going to have sex and you are going to pay me what I want !

JP settled for a little head but he NEVER found out if it was a Conversion Van or a Real Female !

That's the worst / best part of the story to me !

Hail Bruce !

TL.

Jackpot used to come over to my apartment to play cards sometimes. He would always say he had brought some good weed from the US. He would pull out the pipe, load it with a small hit, and then do the first hit. Then he would load it again for me, a small hit that would not get a fly high. Then he would load it again, take a second hit, and stick the pipe back in his pocket. Finally I told him I had quit smoking weed because one small hit does not get me anywhere.

But I appreciated the gesture, sort of. Then he got caught with weed in his golf bag at some airport in the US so he stopped bringing it to BsAs.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus9  [View Original Post]
    Jackpot's standard operating procedure with taxis. I also had such an evening with Jackpot and a few others loaded into a cab. We resisted and he fumed until the end of the ride, exiting with insults. But my "favorite" memories were the times that Jackpot, Bruno Luno and myself were launching ourselves around to try out new dinner restaurants in BA which of course meant taxis to addresses unknown to us. Once in the taxi the two of them egged each other on in their suspicions and squabbling with the the taxi drivers that the driver was going out of his way to plump up the meter. It got so fractious that I started taking a separate taxi to the restaurant and on arrival I could enjoy the stories of their trip and compare the meters :-).
    I'm laughing because Bruce would HATE that he's being remembered for riding in Taxi's. He hated taking taxi's when a bus was available.

Classic Jackpot

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhead  [View Original Post]
    My favorite Jackpot story:

One time the late monger Stormy and Jackpot and I and god knows who else piled into a cab in front of probably Exedra. We got in at a red light and all of a sudden Bruce yells, 'Everybody out! Everybody out!' So we bail and Bruce cusses out the taxista a bit and the taxista peels out. So we asked him what that was all about and he said, 'He dropped the flag before the light turned green.'

Q.E.P.D.
    Jackpot's standard operating procedure with taxis. I also had such an evening with Jackpot and a few others loaded into a cab. We resisted and he fumed until the end of the ride, exiting with insults. But my "favorite" memories were the times that Jackpot, Bruno Luno and myself were launching ourselves around to try out new dinner restaurants in BA which of course meant taxis to addresses unknown to us. Once in the taxi the two of them egged each other on in their suspicions and squabbling with the the taxi drivers that the driver was going out of his way to plump up the meter. It got so fractious that I started taking a separate taxi to the restaurant and on arrival I could enjoy the stories of their trip and compare the meters :-).

Quote Originally Posted by ElAlamoPalermo  [View Original Post]
    I last saw Jackpot in BA in early November as he stopped in to catch some NFL games one Sunday. He looked very frail and unhealthy at the time but was mentally sharp and we discussed his plans to return to Thailand and his love for Pattaya. He also mentioned at the time he was intending to sell his house in Wisconsin and possibly relocate to someplace in New Mexico or similar in the American Southwest. He was, like many old time BA regulars, quite disenchanted with what the "scene" in BA had become in recent years. I'd known Jackpot since 2005 and his physical appearance hadn't changed one bit at all until the most recent sighting in November so I am not surprised to hear of his passing. RIP.
    I remember back in 2007 meeting about a dozen mongers while on business in BA. It was at a restaurant across the street from Exedra, I think it was at that time closed down. The group was Ramiro, jackpot, dickheaad, cigar eric, Hotman, Jackson, Exon, and I think Sidney. There was truly never a silent moment, the court was in session and all the locals were intently trying to understand what the hell was going on. A good night out on the town was had by all, me included.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Retired 66 For This Post:

I last saw Jackpot in BA in early November as he stopped in to catch some NFL games one Sunday. He looked very frail and unhealthy at the time but was mentally sharp and we discussed his plans to return to Thailand and his love for Pattaya. He also mentioned at the time he was intending to sell his house in Wisconsin and possibly relocate to someplace in New Mexico or similar in the American Southwest. He was, like many old time BA regulars, quite disenchanted with what the "scene" in BA had become in recent years. I'd known Jackpot since 2005 and his physically appearance hadn't changed one bit at all until the most recent sighting in November so I am not surprised to hear of his passing. RIP.

My favorite Jackpot story:

One time the late monger Stormy and Jackpot and I and god knows who else piled into a cab in front of probably Exedra. We got in at a red light and all of a sudden Bruce yells, 'Everybody out! Everybody out!' So we bail and Bruce cusses out the taxista a bit and the taxista peels out. So we asked him what that was all about and he said, 'He dropped the flag before the light turned green.'

Q.E.P.D.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dickhead For This Post:

Damn

I was with him in Pattaya last February.

He had left his laptop at SFO airport after staying at my house.

I brought it to him.

I know he had some health issues, but not that bad.

I was looking forward to hearing about his B.A. Trip.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Adiós amigo.

Greetings Everyone,

As some of you know, Bruce was in BA for several weeks recently, returning to the USA about 3 weeks ago. Unable to find an acceptable apartment, he stayed at my house in the suburbs for several days until he found a place downtown. He was not looking well at the time, and with his mobility issues I questioned his plan to go to Thailand, but as others have pointed out, he was an ornery old cuss at times and wouldn't even consider easing up on his travel plans.

Nevertheless, while he was here he did manage to get in sessions with a couple of his long time favoritias, both of whom apparently left him with a smile on his face.

Adis amigo.

Jax.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Rip

The weird Bruce, as my girls called him.

Rest in peace ...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Redhot For This Post:

Posting Limitations