Thread: RIP Bruce AKA Jackpot

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Bacchus9
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAlamoPalermo  [View Original Post]
    I last saw Jackpot in BA in early November as he stopped in to catch some NFL games one Sunday. He looked very frail and unhealthy at the time but was mentally sharp and we discussed his plans to return to Thailand and his love for Pattaya. He also mentioned at the time he was intending to sell his house in Wisconsin and possibly relocate to someplace in New Mexico or similar in the American Southwest. He was, like many old time BA regulars, quite disenchanted with what the "scene" in BA had become in recent years. I'd known Jackpot since 2005 and his physical appearance hadn't changed one bit at all until the most recent sighting in November so I am not surprised to hear of his passing. RIP.
    I remember back in 2007 meeting about a dozen mongers while on business in BA. It was at a restaurant across the street from Exedra, I think it was at that time closed down. The group was Ramiro, jackpot, dickheaad, cigar eric, Hotman, Jackson, Exon, and I think Sidney. There was truly never a silent moment, the court was in session and all the locals were intently trying to understand what the hell was going on. A good night out on the town was had by all, me included.

I last saw Jackpot in BA in early November as he stopped in to catch some NFL games one Sunday. He looked very frail and unhealthy at the time but was mentally sharp and we discussed his plans to return to Thailand and his love for Pattaya. He also mentioned at the time he was intending to sell his house in Wisconsin and possibly relocate to someplace in New Mexico or similar in the American Southwest. He was, like many old time BA regulars, quite disenchanted with what the "scene" in BA had become in recent years. I'd known Jackpot since 2005 and his physically appearance hadn't changed one bit at all until the most recent sighting in November so I am not surprised to hear of his passing. RIP.

My favorite Jackpot story:

One time the late monger Stormy and Jackpot and I and god knows who else piled into a cab in front of probably Exedra. We got in at a red light and all of a sudden Bruce yells, 'Everybody out! Everybody out!' So we bail and Bruce cusses out the taxista a bit and the taxista peels out. So we asked him what that was all about and he said, 'He dropped the flag before the light turned green.'

Q.E.P.D.

Damn

I was with him in Pattaya last February.

He had left his laptop at SFO airport after staying at my house.

I brought it to him.

I know he had some health issues, but not that bad.

I was looking forward to hearing about his B.A. Trip.

Administrator

Venues: 398

Adiós amigo.

Greetings Everyone,

As some of you know, Bruce was in BA for several weeks recently, returning to the USA about 3 weeks ago. Unable to find an acceptable apartment, he stayed at my house in the suburbs for several days until he found a place downtown. He was not looking well at the time, and with his mobility issues I questioned his plan to go to Thailand, but as others have pointed out, he was an ornery old cuss at times and wouldn't even consider easing up on his travel plans.

Nevertheless, while he was here he did manage to get in sessions with a couple of his long time favoritias, both of whom apparently left him with a smile on his face.

Adis amigo.

Jax.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson For This Post:

Rip

The weird Bruce, as my girls called him.

Rest in peace ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Redhot For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    No doubt he's fighting with Charon over how much he's charging for the boat ride.

He was a difficult friend to have but his stories made it worthwhile. I can still see him telling the chicks at Ex "yo soy un jubilado, no tengo mucho dinero."

Cheap bastard, I'm gonna miss him.
    Whoever coined the phrase "ornery cuss" had Jackpot in mind. An entertaining, throwback character.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to El Perro For This Post:

End of an era

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus9  [View Original Post]
    With regrets Bruce aka xjranch and long time friend called me on New Year's Eve to let me know he was giving up the ghost. With the local landscape covered in ice and his health seriously waning he was cancelling plans for meeting me for his winter stay in Pattaya. He was resting comfortably in a hospice and he said the doc told him he would pass in his sleep.

One of the world's great characters and good spirit he'll be well remembered and of course missed wherever story telling, a puff of the peace pipe and the sorting of the virtues of chicas and their qualities is enjoyed in good company. Hat's off to Bruce Schneider!

In particular he mentioned fondly his long time friends Jackson and Tommaso when we spoke about the good times and memories of Buenos Aires. I know there are too many to mention here whose friendship and comradely he enjoyed.
    No doubt he's fighting with Charon over how much he's charging for the boat ride.

He was a difficult friend to have but his stories made it worthwhile. I can still see him telling the chicks at Ex "yo soy un jubilado, no tengo mucho dinero."

Cheap bastard, I'm gonna miss him.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus9  [View Original Post]
    With regrets Bruce aka xjranch and long time friend called me on New Year's Eve to let me know he was giving up the ghost. With the local landscape covered in ice and his health seriously waning he was cancelling plans for meeting me for his winter stay in Pattaya. He was resting comfortably in a hospice and he said the doc told him he would pass in his sleep.

One of the world's great characters and good spirit he'll be well remembered and of course missed wherever story telling, a puff of the peace pipe and the sorting of the virtues of chicas and their qualities is enjoyed in good company. Hat's off to Bruce Schneider!

In particular he mentioned fondly his long time friends Jackson and Tommaso when we spoke about the good times and memories of Buenos Aires. I know there are too many to mention here whose friendship and comradely he enjoyed.
    AKA Jackpot to many. Sorry to hear of his passing. An old time character.

RIP Bruce AKA Jackpot

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bacchus9 For This Post:

Posting Limitations