Thread: Posta Recoleta

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Vampire
    Winner 2017 Noob of the year

I made the mistake of stopping there once. I asked for water from the tap and they brought a bottle for 80 pesos or something ridiculous and I told them to take it back. Then they also tried to serve me a coffee I didn't order. I had a hamburger and fries that were ok, although I have lowered expectations about burgers here. Despite not having any water lol. I think they get a lot of business because they have a pretty waitress or two in the street talking to people and they are in a touristy area, there are a few specials advertised in the street also that are ok priced, although some other items on the menu were overpriced to me. I would not go back because I did not like the way they tried to add unwanted drinks to the bill. I am sure many tourists would not argue with them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire  [View Original Post]
    I went to Posta Recoleta with a date on Friday night. We were walking along restaurant row by the cemetery, and she wanted parrilla, so we got a table at Posta Recoleta. This was hands down the worst meal I ate in Buenos Aires, and also the most expensive at over 1000 pesos for the two of us, not including the cubierto of 30 pesos per person.

We ordered four different cuts of beef and pork. All of them were horrible. It was like the beef came off of cattle that were old. The meat was tough and too chewy. It was as if the cattle ate grass their whole lives and never got finished with grain. I could not even get my steak knife through the short ribs. They did not bother to take the layer of fat off the outside of the pork, so after working your ass off to take off all of the fat and the bone, only about 25 percent of the pork plate was edible. Only the flank steak was somewhat edible. My date was not from CABA, but the countryside of Buenos Aires province, so she was familiar with what was good parrilla. She agreed Posta Recoleta was horrible. She actually went inside to talk to management as to why the meat was so bad. The manager told her that they recently had a new meat supplier. This country needs some type of quality grading like the USDA does with Prime, Choice, Select. Saying all beef is the same quality is ridiculous.

I strongly recommend avoiding Posta Recoleta. I do not know how they are still in business. The last 7 reviews on TripAdvisor are all 1/5 stars, putting them on blast.

Posta Recoleta

I went to Posta Recoleta with a date on Friday night. We were walking along restaurant row by the cemetery, and she wanted parrilla, so we got a table at Posta Recoleta. This was hands down the worst meal I ate in Buenos Aires, and also the most expensive at over 1000 pesos for the two of us, not including the cubierto of 30 pesos per person.

We ordered four different cuts of beef and pork. All of them were horrible. It was like the beef came off of cattle that were old. The meat was tough and too chewy. It was as if the cattle ate grass their whole lives and never got finished with grain. I could not even get my steak knife through the short ribs. They did not bother to take the layer of fat off the outside of the pork, so after working your ass off to take off all of the fat and the bone, only about 25 percent of the pork plate was edible. Only the flank steak was somewhat edible. My date was not from CABA, but the countryside of Buenos Aires province, so she was familiar with what was good parrilla. She agreed Posta Recoleta was horrible. She actually went inside to talk to management as to why the meat was so bad. The manager told her that they recently had a new meat supplier. This country needs some type of quality grading like the USDA does with Prime, Choice, Select. Saying all beef is the same quality is ridiculous.

I strongly recommend avoiding Posta Recoleta. I do not know how they are still in business. The last 7 reviews on TripAdvisor are all 1/5 stars, putting them on blast.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vampire For This Post:

Posting Limitations