Thread: Cell phone help needed

+ Submit Report
This blog is moderated by Seismo

Cell phone issues resolved

I wanted to thank the guys that responded to my questions. When I arrived and bought 200 pesos worth of time at the corner market I was surprised to find no issues and all worked okay. Several more texts came in until I received one with an actual termination date of April 1. I went to the CLARO in the Alto Palermo shopping on Santa Fe and they corrected the situation for me. They needed my passport to register both the phone # and the phone.It took about 20 minutes and I was on my way.

I think you just need to go to Claro and register. There have been too many phony bomb scares and calls for police from un registerd phones. Argentina is among the last of the last on the world to wake up and insist n this.

Re: Cell phone help needed...

Here's a BN article that may help:

http://www.bnamericas.com/en/news/ic...-in-argentina/

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Seismo  [View Original Post]
    I have had a Claro chip in my phone for the past 10+ years. Claro gave me a flip phone when I signed up as a promotion, but I have since replaced the phone a few times.

I recently got a text from someone claiming to be the MINISTER OF NATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS claiming my number/phone may be suspended due to my phone being unregistered.

Questions: is this true or just more spam?

If true, how do I correct this?

I will be there next month and certainly do not want to spend any time in a bureaucratic runaround.

Thanks in advance.

Cell phone help needed

I have had a Claro chip in my phone for the past 10+ years. Claro gave me a flip phone when I signed up as a promotion, but I have since replaced the phone a few times.

I recently got a text from someone claiming to be the MINISTER OF NATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS claiming my number/phone may be suspended due to my phone being unregistered.

Questions: is this true or just more spam?

If true, how do I correct this?

I will be there next month and certainly do not want to spend any time in a bureaucratic runaround.

Thanks in advance.

Posting Limitations