This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawman  [View Original Post]
    Its easy to start at the bottom when your salary amounts to a very very nice tip on top of about $65,000/yr courtesy of government subsidies, and all of it absolutely tax free. Btw, even though we the people pay into those programs (at gunpoint, mind you), we get absolutely ZERO access to any of them and have ZERO say so in any of it.
    I am curious about the benefits that immigrants are eligible for. Do you have a reference for the $65,000 per year subsidy?

Thanks, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger  [View Original Post]
    Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service awarded to Obama by Obama presented by Ash Carter.

If this guy could act anymore like a third world, banana republic dictator I'm not sure how.

He awards himself the highest civilian metal from the Defense Department to add to his done nothing to deserve it but be the first black elected POTUS Nobel Peace Prize.

Keep it up big O, by the time you leave office you will have awarded yourself enough ribbons and medals to look like one of those banana republic pricks.
    George W. Bush and Bill Clinton both received it as well.

Narcissist and Chief

Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service awarded to Obama by Obama presented by Ash Carter.

If this guy could act anymore like a third world, banana republic dictator I'm not sure how.

He awards himself the highest civilian metal from the Defense Department to add to his done nothing to deserve it but be the first black elected POTUS Nobel Peace Prize.

Keep it up big O, by the time you leave office you will have awarded yourself enough ribbons and medals to look like one of those banana republic pricks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

Changing direction maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    For the last ten to twelve years I have come to BA at least twenty five times. The last twenty times I have rented apartments all in different areas of the city. I like San Telmo the best. On this trip like all others I leave my apartment and try to go a different direction and get lost. After walking for two to three hours I have no idea were I am. So here I am walking along and I stop at a cafe/pub for a refreshment and in the door comes a tranny. He talkers to the bartender for a few moments then leans over the counter and looking at his back side he has a zipper up the crack of his ass. It starts at his nut sack and goes all the way up his back side to his belt. OK so that was surprise enough but it had many stains on it. Yuck oh. I'm no prude but one must wonder how it feels to go home every night with a sore butt.
    Lol. As for your original question, maybe its a reflection of the times. The BAs that the forum started on may be dead and gone, but it has a new direction these days as a terrific place to maintain your dollar's purchasing power ESPECIALLY if your enthusiasm to earn those dollars is equally dead. Honestly, argentina is a terrible place to meet a girl, but its a great place to take a girl. So now all i have to do is meet girl, aaaand make up enough money to take her to argentina and ... You know what, lets just get drunk and talk politics instead! :P.

Build the wall and drain the swamp

Quote Originally Posted by RevBS  [View Original Post]
    There are hundreds of legal immigrants who arrive everyday who are sponsor through family relationships. And they go to work very quickly because they are willing to start.

At the bottom. Or they go to school & get the right training. And in a few years, they are more than ok. Even illegals do that. Pretty simple really, unless you like to blame.

China for jobs, and Colombia for drugs.
    Its easy to start at the bottom when your salary amounts to a very very nice tip on top of about $65,000/yr courtesy of government subsidies, and all of it absolutely tax free. Btw, even though we the people pay into those programs (at gunpoint, mind you), we get absolutely ZERO access to any of them and have ZERO say so in any of it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawman For This Post:

How about including the real unemployment rate - U6 which is at 9.20.

I noticed you did not mention the labor participation rate - you really going to tell me all those folks "retired".

If employment is so great why are all the "social" programs such as welfare/medicaid/food stamp skyrocketing?

You guys just never give up, Obama was an abject failure who pulled his party down with him. 8 years ago the Dem's had it all - House/Senate/Potus and now they have nothing. Back then the "talking heads" were all trumpeting the death of conservatism, today they are concerned about the death of the Democratic Party.
    Yep. 18 million people left the ranks of the employed, over the last 8 years...and food stamps participation grew by about 20 million people...I guess I'd have to call BS on the govt's method for calculating unemployment.

Real Unemployment Rate

I agree. I have been saying through all administrations since I have been voting in the 60s.

Why can't they count the people that gave up looking for a job?

In California the unemployment lower than most States.

I walk the streets and see Help Wanted signs in restaurants, shops and stores, etc.

But, you are wrong on Obama. Jobs are way up since when he started, as is the Stock Market.

I noticed you did not mention the labor participation rate - you really going to tell me all those folks "retired".

If employment is so great why are all the "social" programs such as welfare/medicaid/food stamp skyrocketing?

You guys just never give up, Obama was an abject failure who pulled his party down with him. 8 years ago the Dem's had it all - House/Senate/Potus and now they have nothing. Back then the "talking heads" were all trumpeting the death of conservatism, today they are concerned about the death of the Democratic Party.

Really

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Member #4112 For This Post:

This Thread is Not Dead!

Unemployment rate is the lowest since the Republicans were in office.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...-jobs-release/

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Why is this thread dead?

One of the most entertaining & exciting presidential elections in history, is there an unwritten code that we do not discuss it?

True

Quote Originally Posted by WildWalleye  [View Original Post]
    You must not live in the US. America is more than a little tired of left wing policies that deflate the economy and keep tens of millions out of work.
    Most of us on AP are multi-millionaires who choose to live on our SS elsewhere. Jobs are for the illegals.

Will

Columnist George Will has left the Republican Party over its presumptive nomination of Donald Trump.

He said Republican voters should just "make sure he (Trump) loses," then "Grit their teeth for four years.".

Even George Will, Mr. Conservative, cant stomach Trump.

Jobs

Who is not creating jobs?

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/05/...-congress.html

http://kelly.house.gov/house-passed-...-action-senate

You must not live in the US. America is more than a little tired of left wing policies that deflate the economy and keep tens of millions out of work.

I love this site but it's getting boring

For the last ten to twelve years I have come to BA at least twenty five times. The last twenty times I have rented apartments all in different areas of the city. I like San Telmo the best. On this trip like all others I leave my apartment and try to go a different direction and get lost. After walking for two to three hours I have no idea were I am. So here I am walking along and I stop at a cafe/pub for a refreshment and in the door comes a tranny. He talkers to the bartender for a few moments then leans over the counter and looking at his back side he has a zipper up the crack of his ass. It starts at his nut sack and goes all the way up his back side to his belt. OK so that was surprise enough but it had many stains on it. Yuck oh. I'm no prude but one must wonder how it feels to go home every night with a sore butt.

The problem is income inequality not employment

The economy is nearing is full employment. If you adjust for demographic changes, baby boomers leaving the labor force, the the economy is probably at full employment. On the other hand, income inequality is rampant. The same people who did the demographic adjustment on employment examined wages of the 26-35 year old age cohort in 2005 and 2015. The finding is that in 2015 this age cohort is making $6000 a year less than they were making in 2005. This age cohort voted for Bernie and not Trump.

The problem is what is Trump really for. Many of the policies Trump talks about in his stump speech are just metaphors. For example, McConnell has said he would block closing the border to Muslims. On the fence, I was at two economic conferences this past week, one in West LA (Democrat) and one in the Inland Empire (Republican). Both times the fence was mentioned it was a laugh line. I do not think there is much support for a fence in California. One guy actually stood up at the Inland Empire conference and said more people are migrating to Mexico now than are immigrating. "What are we going to do?" he asked. "Build a fence to keep them in.".

Obviously views in California are seldom reflective of the US as a whole.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Boss Man For This Post:

Posting Limitations