Thread: Airport Taxi Services

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Hi guys,

I finally booked my trip to BA next week. I'm confused. I just read this newly posted tourist article and it mentions EZE taxi's. Here's the paragraph:

"When you arrive at Ezeiza International, the regular metered taxis lined up outside the terminal cost less than the fixed-priced "official" Taxiezeiza inside the terminal, though you will be told otherwise. Charge will be 300-350 vs. 400 pesos into town; 250-300 vs. 350 coming back. (The return is less expensive as there are no government airport fees.) You can change some money before you leave for Argentina at a currency exchange office similar to Peoples Foreign Exchange in New York (212-883-0550) whose rates are far better than any major bank, or at Banco de la Naciand within Ezeiza Airport. Only at Banco de la Naciand. If you don't have pesos, Taxiezeiza will accept dollars (though at a higher fee) and plan to change money as soon as you arrive in town. Your hotel will tell you where. This is one time you should leave home with a lot of cash. ".

The article states regular metered taxis are cheaper than taxiezeiza and kind of implies it is the better option. I remember reading here that taxi ezeiza was the recommended transport and to avoid the taxi guys outside the terminal. Could someone please confirm the better option.

Here's the link to the article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie...b_6829198.html

Taxi Driver the Movie!

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod11  [View Original Post]
    Several years ago oh maybe 10 or 12 I had a reservation at a hotel in Recoleta. They asked me if I wanted airport pickup for 135 pesos. I had a few things to do at the airport so I said no. After taking care of my business I caught a local airport taxi. I gave him the address and off we go. As we were leaving the airport I asked my driver when he was going to turn on the meter. He said don't worry its all electronic. I asked how he would know how muck to charge me with no meter. Again he said relax its all electronic. Ok so I may be from a rural area but I know when I'm about to be butt fucked. Luckily I had both of my bags in the back seat with me. I took out my camera and took several pictures of the meter than I took about five pictures of my driver...We arrive at my hotel and he flips a switch and on comes the meter. He says sir your fare is 475 pesos. Ten years ago that was a lot for a taxi from the airport. I grabbed my bags and off I go to the hotel explaining to the taxi driver that the hotel would pay his fare. He resisted but I was so fast he couldn't keep up with me. When inside the hotel in a very loud voice I said someone call the police this God damn thieving taxi driver is trying to rob me. With that security and the desk clerk came to my rescue. I made my case and they said to the driver either you accept 100 pesos or we call police. If possible and you are traveling alone try to keep your bags with you not in the trunk.
    That's a great story!

The other night I rode in a Taxi that was rigged with a switch that doubles the meter's rate at the touch of a button. Really hard to prove but the 30 peso ride to Newport cost me 75 . Zero traffic and he was hauling ass!

I should have jumped out but I was with a GF and a friend of "Ours."

I broke my hand against a Taxi a few years ago and it took 6 months to heal but it was worth it!

Just like a policeman, never around when you need one!

TL.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Taxi scams

Several years ago oh maybe 10 or 12 I had a reservation at a hotel in Recoleta. They asked me if I wanted airport pickup for 135 pesos. I had a few things to do at the airport so I said no. After taking care of my business I caught a local airport taxi. I gave him the address and off we go. As we were leaving the airport I asked my driver when he was going to turn on the meter. He said don't worry its all electronic. I asked how he would know how muck to charge me with no meter. Again he said relax its all electronic. Ok so I may be from a rural area but I know when I'm about to be butt fucked. Luckily I had both of my bags in the back seat with me. I took out my camera and took several pictures of the meter than I took about five pictures of my driver...We arrive at my hotel and he flips a switch and on comes the meter. He says sir your fare is 475 pesos. Ten years ago that was a lot for a taxi from the airport. I grabbed my bags and off I go to the hotel explaining to the taxi driver that the hotel would pay his fare. He resisted but I was so fast he couldn't keep up with me. When inside the hotel in a very loud voice I said someone call the police this God damn thieving taxi driver is trying to rob me. With that security and the desk clerk came to my rescue. I made my case and they said to the driver either you accept 100 pesos or we call police. If possible and you are traveling alone try to keep your bags with you not in the trunk.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HotRod11 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBob  [View Original Post]
    I just got off the phone with them from the USA. They are not taking reservations for Dec 24/25. The will be operating, but with fewer drivers. There maybe waits.
    I took the taxi from the airport and they were at the pickup spot before I finished a cigarette. From the time I paid to the time we were driving away was about 10 minutes. That includes the walk from the counter to the pickup spot right outside the door. Fast, efficient and recommended.

TAXI EZEIZA and Christmas and New Years

I just got off the phone with them from the USA. They are not taking reservations for Dec 24/25. The will be operating, but with fewer drivers. There maybe waits.

Another point of view!

Quote Originally Posted by RockHarders  [View Original Post]
    Fred operates an executive service for people who place a high value on their time, convenience and personal safety.

Suerte,

Rock Harders.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan  [View Original Post]

Ever notice that some of the richest guys on the board are among the tightest. There must be a lesson in there somewhere that I failed to learn. LOL.
    I really like the quote from BBM. Seems somehow appropriate here. My dos centavos. LOL. Monger on fellas. Toymann.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Toymann For This Post:

Mongers-.

I use Fred's transportation services on a regular basis (15-20 x / year) and I second Mpexy and Tres3 reviews on the quality of the service. Whether being picked up at my apartment for a ride to the airport or being picked up at the airport for a ride to my place, Fred's team is NEVER late and there is NEVER any wasting time waiting. There are plenty of cheaper and potentially slower / less convenient ways to go to / from the airport; Fred operates an executive service for people who place a high value on their time, convenience and personal safety.

Suerte,

Rock Harders.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Silverstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]
    Used Fred for ride to EZE recently and a couple in-town transfers before that.

The ability to rely on exact timing and have ride ready the second my foot exits apartment door with zero wait is personally what I'm happy to pay the premium for. 3 transfers during my 7 month stay and Fred was always ready to go with 0 second window that I typically demand of chauffeur services.

Comfort of ride, safety, etc aside, which Taxi Ezeiza would be just fine, the precision departure vs. 15 min window is what I'd recommend Silverstar for. If you're not that crazed about exact time windows for departure, I think Taxi Ezeiza is just fine so don't take or turn this into a anti-remise comment.
    I will second MPEXY's comment. Before you bash Fred, remember that you are paying a PREMIUM for his service. If you do not want to pay top peso for car / taxi service, then do not use Silverstar. Use a less expensive service, but do not complain that Fred is too high.

Tres3.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tres3 For This Post:

Fred is the Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mpexy  [View Original Post]

The ability to rely on exact timing and have ride ready the second my foot exits apartment door with zero wait is personally what I'm happy to pay the premium for. 3 transfers during my 7 month stay and Fred was always ready to go with 0 second window that I typically demand of chauffeur services.

Comfort of ride, safety, etc aside, which Taxi Ezeiza would be just fine, the precision departure vs. 15 min window is what I'd recommend Silverstar for. If you're not that crazed about exact time windows for departure, I think Taxi Ezeiza is just fine so don't take or turn this into a anti-remise comment.
    Fred is a great guy with an impeccable service so if you can or if you need to do so or if you want to do so he is the man.

Enough said!

TL.

P.S. I have taken a city bus to and from the airport for about .50 cents but it takes a long time! Did it for fun!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Silverstar

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mpexy For This Post:

Taxi scams

This afternoon I received a video from a friend.

He knew it would be of interest to me as it is a cell phone video of a Bs As taxi driver trying toscam a passanger.

I write a monthly column in a numismatic magazine that also includes my travel adventures (I do have other interests besides chicas).

Last year I took a taxi from the bus station to my apartment and the driver tried a scam, claimed all of my money was out of date.

He had already pissed me off as he had gone several blocks out of the way to run up the fare.

His scam failed and he didn't get a tip.

If anyone is interested in the video send me a PM with yor email and I'll forward it.

Don.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Don B For This Post:

*shudder*.

Taxi Breaks Down on Freeway Dominican Killed

Headlines Read:

"Taxi Breaks Down on Freeway, Dominican Killed".

Last night on the way to the airport the taxi that the girl was riding in broke down and pulled over onto the shoulder of the road. She and the taxi driver got out of the vehicle and the safety cones were placed behind the taxi along with a reflective safety triangle. The Dominican girl felt that it was too cold to wait outside on the side of the road so she climbed back into the car. The 18 wheeler flatened the cab.

Moral of the Story:

Better Call Fred!

TL ,

Too Cold ? Shit , it was miserable yesterday ; maybe 28 nasty , humid degrees !

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TejanoLibre For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amantelondres  [View Original Post]
    I see from the Aerolineas website that they now require you to check in 2 hours before your flight for domestic flights and 3 hours for international. Rather stupid as for some destinations the flight is less than 2 hours and the inbound flight hasn't even left BA! And often never does for whatever reason.
    We generally aim to have your guests 2.5 to 3 hrs before international departures and 90 minutes before domestic, and haven't had one complaint (missed flight) in over 4 years.

Fred.

www.silverstarcar.com

Because going to and from the airport in Buenos Aires doesn't have to suck.

It is Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Amantelondres  [View Original Post]
    I see from the Aerolineas website that they now require you to check in 2 hours before your flight for domestic flights and 3 hours for international. Rather stupid as for some destinations the flight is less than 2 hours and the inbound flight hasn't even left BA! And often never does for whatever reason.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Aerolineas put a deal in place paying them a commission on all airport merchandise sales because they are getting their passengers there earlier.

Posting Limitations