This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Boys-We need to start doing something. Ap is getting boring? Could be?

After my June. 2011 trip and all the ap drama.which was in a small part my doing-I decide to stay away for a while and let Jackson get things fine tuned the way he wants things to be.

I came back last week or so-BECAUSE__ I'm due back in BA next week. There is just not that much going on AP. Very few comments about chicas beyond TL and mild action in the Mia Johnson thread. The political thread I generally don't count as I haven't been in there in years-too one sided and there are much better political forums in places more geared towards politisc and the economy.

Guys-please post something! Tell us about a decent place to eat; or which dry cleaner to use or the latest scoop on hacking your iphone to work here or an android. There is little to bounce off of as many of my old comrades just aren't posting or rarely posting. Some other guys need to step up. I am resorting to posting about mongering in southeast florida. Let's get going and keep our ap alive. Come-on Jackpot-I'm sure there is something to complain about other than alejandra-she's gone. Exxon-com eout, com eout whereever you are! There no way you stopped reading ap. Say something! Toymann where do you like to eat meat-actually steak-not female genitalia! Rock-you are a locale .where do you go for a good steak dinner.

I think my favorite "good" place to eat in BA is Palacio Espanol.not sure of exactly the name and too lazy to look it up carlos pelligrini a block or two past ave de mayo towards san telmp / la boca. Fabulous food and reasonable price. First class meat and fresh yummy fish. The kitchen prepares great sausings. This is really an outstanding place to eat. Cigar eric first took me there.

How is eric? I missed him on my last trip and he is allergic to email.

Problems With ISG?

I'm glad I can log onto AP. For some reason when I try to visit ISG I get a malware pop up warning me about entering. What's going on?

Thanks
    http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.internationalsexguide.info/&hl=en

Update:

Was able to get onto ISG by downloading firefox 5.1 (was on safari)...enough time to post then "poof" up came the malware site warning again...now no ISG again...WHY ?

Is the new search limited to one year? I tried to look up Aqualung post about the law and prostitution and tried using advanced search. I tried a few ways, using any date and nothing came up. Then I tried to set the date range and max was one year.

The old forum when you did a search for any date, it would go back years. One year is to short.

Monday morning and back to normal. Maybe the USA and Israel targeted AP with a worm.

Bad right now too ...

This is my 4th try to "Submit Report". The first three times I was waiting so long for the dialog that I gave up and started over.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    AP was really, really slow yesterday. It's slightly better today, but not it's usual self.
    I agree. Awfully slow.

Sloooooww

AP was really, really slow yesterday. It's slightly better today, but not it's usual self.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy  [View Original Post]
    I am, once again, frustrated with the auto-editing gaffes of your latest upgrade.

In my last post, I described a small hotel as a "pension", a word which, in Spanish, has an accent mark over the "o", I. E."ó". And vBulletin automatically changed the "N" following the accented "ó" into the word "and": "pensióand". In fact, it just turned the lower-case "N" into "and", blindly and unaware.

I understand that many people use the lower-case "N" as "and", but I don't, and I get frustrated when vBulletin blindly and automatically "corrects" my spelling, grammar, and sentence construction.

Every time I use an ellipsis (three periods in a row) or a dash ("-") in a post, vBulletin changes it into a period and capitalizes the next letter. I can't even get it to show an ellipsis in this PM.

When I use HTML italics, undeline, or boldface formatting commands, vBulletin capitalizes the next word, whether it should have been capitalized or not.

Can't U-turn off these "features", or at least provide a button telling vBulletin not to fuck with our spelling and grammar? (And look at that! It just turned "you" followed by the verb "turn" into "U-turn!")
    I had originally installed the "Exempt this post from the TCS" option, but then there were guys who would do exactly that, then write like 1st graders, thus forcing me to correct their abdominal writing. Fuck that. (See below)

However, you may bypass the TCS by first posting whatever text you want, then by immediately editing your post as desired as the TCS is not invoked when editing a post. Of course, anyone who deliberately bypasses the TCS to post text in deliberate violation of this forum's Posting Guidelines will be banned without comment.

The TCS (Text Cleanup Script) saves me hundreds of man hours every year, and there's no fucking way in hell that I will ever go back to manually correcting everyone's punctuation and capitalization.

Thanks,

Jackson

Angry VBulletin, please stop "correcting" my spelling!

I am, once again, frustrated with the auto-editing gaffes of your latest upgrade.

In my last post, I described a small hotel as a "pension", a word which, in Spanish, has an accent mark over the "o", I. E."ó". And vBulletin automatically changed the "N" following the accented "ó" into the word "and": "pensióand". In fact, it just turned the lower-case "N" into "and", blindly and unaware.

I understand that many people use the lower-case "N" as "and", but I don't, and I get frustrated when vBulletin blindly and automatically "corrects" my spelling, grammar, and sentence construction.

Every time I use an ellipsis (three periods in a row) or a dash ("-") in a post, vBulletin changes it into a period and capitalizes the next letter. I can't even get it to show an ellipsis in this PM.

When I use HTML italics, undeline, or boldface formatting commands, vBulletin capitalizes the next word, whether it should have been capitalized or not.

Can't U-turn off these "features", or at least provide a button telling vBulletin not to fuck with our spelling and grammar? (And look at that! It just turned "you" followed by the verb "turn" into "U-turn!")

Quote Originally Posted by Doggboy  [View Original Post]
    Neither the log in or log out spaces available at the top right of the page.

And no "notification" space.
    Yep. Blocked by the Flash ad. Only way I could login was to disable flash and refresh.

Neither the log in or log out spaces available at the top right of the page.

And no "notification" space.

Administrator

Venues: 398
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Da Man  [View Original Post]
    I would welcome the "Skip Automatic Text Cleanup" box. Or whatever it was called. Back. The current text editor is only marginally better than the previous one, and possibly it's the same one. It still mangles parentheses at the end of sentences and dashes to offset text (like the ones I'm using now and the dashes I tried to use above to offset "or whatever it was called".
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond the  [View Original Post]
    I hate the automatic grammar editor. I would like to opt out of it. The parentheses stuff is maddening, and I don't like the automatic capitalization stuff.

Ugh! It makes more work than it saves.
    The issue with the parentheses at the end of sentences has been fixed in the USA site, I just haven't had the time to port the changes over to AP.

I have no idea why anyone would object to proper nouns and the first word in a sentence being proper cased.

I had originally installed the "Exempt this post from the TCS" option, but then there were guys who would do exactly that, then write like 1st graders, thus forcing me to correct their abdominal writing. Fuck that. (See below)

Nevertheless, as before, you may bypass the TCS by first posting whatever text you want, then by immediately editing your post as desired as the TCS is not invoked when editing a post. Of course, anyone who deliberately bypasses the TCS to post text in deliberate violation of this forum's Posting Guidelines will be banned without comment.

The TCS (Text Cleanup Script) saves me hundreds of man hours every year, and there's no fucking way in hell that I will ever go back to manually correcting everyone's punctuation and capitalization.

The bottom line is that every reader of this forum would quickly learn to appreciate the editing work that I once did manually, and that the TCS now does automatically, if I started letting all the unedited, unformatted, uncapitalized reports get posted in the forum in all their unfettered glory. However, there's no danger of that happening because I know something that some of you apparently have never considered: This forum receives 2,000 to 3,000 unique visitors a day, and that's because the forum is very "readable" specifically because of the minimum requirements of the Forum's Posting Guidelines, as effected by the TCS. As they say in the radio business "You don't run a show for the benefit of the callers, you run it for the benefit of the listeners".

Thanks,

Jackson

Angry Artifically unintelligent

I hate the automatic grammar editor. I would like to opt out of it. The parentheses stuff is maddening, and I don't like the automatic capitalization stuff.

Ugh! It makes more work than it saves.

Skip Text Cleanup

I would welcome the "Skip Automatic Text Cleanup" box. Or whatever it was called. Back. The current text editor is only marginally better than the previous one, and possibly it's the same one. It still mangles parentheses at the end of sentences and dashes to offset text (like the ones I'm using now and the dashes I tried to use above to offset "or whatever it was called".

Order of Posts Within a Thread

How do I get all of the threads presented in newest to oldest order? Most are sorted that way but every once in a way one is not.

Thanks, Bob

Posting Limitations