Thread: Madahos

+ Submit Report
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Has Madahos opened for biz?

Madahos

A friend of my who works the circuit told me Black and Hippo are now open but Madahos is still closed. Might touch base with TL about when it might open again.

Open or closed

Is Madahos really closed? Any idea when it should reopen?

Was Told It Will Reopen Last Night.

Last night there was a girl working at Catto's and it was her 3rd. Night working there. Very cute Dominican girl about 5 ft .5 in. Tall, light skinned and maybe 23 years old. Her name is Leticia and she had been working at Madahos until they shut it down the other day.

Leticia told me that the club will either reopen this week or next week. Maybe? I should have asked her what the other girls are doing until then or if she had to lower her asking price since she was working at Catto's instead of Madahos but it would have cost me a drink to find out and she does not meet my requirements. Nothing wrong with her and she even offered me her phone number but I did not want to buy it.

Wait and see what happens to Madahos.

TL.

Quote Originally Posted by TejanoLibre  [View Original Post]
    Thanks for the info and the very informative link.

Doomsday!

I was told years ago that a Class "C" license has not been issued since 1976 and that they are impossible to obtain today. My question is if a club had it before and you take over does the license come with it if you want it? Like a "grandfathered" item.

As The World Turns!
    Mongers-.

Full "Clase C" dance licenses are not impossible, but are extremely expensive and difficult to obtain; think at least a one year process (during which the premises may not open) and about $150,000- $200,000 USD in "fees" to get all the signatures and approvals. What are more easily obtainable are "Clase C complementario" which gives the right to dance and have additional capacity in a designated area of an establishment covering no more than 30% of the square footage; even these are very expensive and time consuming but at least the premises may be open for business while the application is processing. Habilitations MAY be transferred, however the record of incidents associated with the habilitation follows the transfer so in the case of Madahos / Black they would effectively be useless.

Suerte,

Rock Harders.

Heavy Duty Man!

Quote Originally Posted by RockHarders  [View Original Post]
    Mongers-.

Here is a link to information about the recent "clausuras" of both Madahos and Black (from the feared La Alameda group no less).

http://laalameda.wordpress.com/2013/...dahos-y-black/

Basically the article says that both Black and Madahos were originally inspected and closed down on March 22nd /23rd by units of the GCBA prosecutor's office being assisted by normal AGC inspectors and actual police and that the inspections were triggered by denuncias made by alleged victims, the La Alameda group itself, and groups of angry neighbors. The prosecutor's office arrived at the conclusion that both places were operating as houses of prostitution and outside their licenses (Class C dance licenses, very hard to get and very valuable) and as such shut both places down and stripped them of their Class C licenses (a devastating blow). Both Black and Madahos reopened several days later and were shut down again for violating the original "clausura" (which stripped them of their right to operate at all). Essentially, according to the information in the article, both Black and Madahos were effectively stripped of their licenses to operate in any capacity and will very likely not be opening at all.

My analysis on this is basically the following: this is the beginning of the end of "organized and controlled" chica bars in the Recoleta area; Hippo, Sodoma, etc will be gone shortly and only freelance places like Newport will be able to survive (Newport has no facilities for the chicas; all girls in street clothes; no cover, exit fee, or touts and they are actually operating within their licensed purpose which is a Class C dance club upstairs and a bar / live music venue downstairs; as such, based on the reasons given in the article, it would be very hard for the GCBA to justify shutting Newport down permanently).

Suerte.

Rock Harders.
    Thanks for the info and the very informative link.

Doomsday!

I was told years ago that a Class "C" license has not been issued since 1976 and that they are impossible to obtain today. My question is if a club had it before and you take over does the license come with it if you want it? Like a "grandfathered" item.

I know that works with handicapped toilets and a few other things.

The article talks about Madahos breaking the non-smoking laws in the VIP section, that they lack a dance floor and that the Chicas were just hanging around in lingere, no taxes were being paid on the drinks and the worst thing they did was to violate the "clausura".

And that the owner if Hippos is pleased!

TL.

As The World Turns!

Mongers-.

As long as Newport has their paperwork in order and abides by the rules of their habilitacion, there is really nothing the GCBA can do to them. Newport's management can't be forced be ban the women from going to the bar simply because they may or may not be prostitutes. Consenting adults agreeing to fuck for money isn't illegal in Argentina; forcing others to engage in prostitution and / or earning money from other's prostituting themselves IS ILLEGAL. The PFA have absolutely no power over the opening / closing of establishments in the city of Buenos Aires; the AGC (agencia gubernantal de control) issue and control all habilitations in CABA.

Suerte,

Rock Harders.
    What does the law have to do with anything?? Does the president obey the law? My favorite boliche out here in the boondocks was closed 2 years ago by the PREFECTURA! Miles from the water, they have no jurisdiction in that area. But because the local police were well paid off and would do nothing, and since the current administration wants to close these establishments, they were sent to close that club and four others close by. As it was pointed out in another thread recently, there is no law or justice in this country! Now all those poor girls are walking the streets! Pobrecitas!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRulz  [View Original Post]
    Knowing the law is often fluid here, do you see DCBA going after Newport anyway? Also given the power of the local Mafia (excuse me, PFA) do you think they will eventually use their power to see clubs like Madaho / Black reopened? That has to be a huge loss in mordita.
    Mongers-.

As long as Newport has their paperwork in order and abides by the rules of their habilitacion, there is really nothing the GCBA can do to them. Newport's management can't be forced be ban the women from going to the bar simply because they may or may not be prostitutes. Consenting adults agreeing to fuck for money isn't illegal in Argentina; forcing others to engage in prostitution and / or earning money from other's prostituting themselves IS ILLEGAL. The PFA have absolutely no power over the opening / closing of establishments in the city of Buenos Aires; the AGC (agencia gubernantal de control) issue and control all habilitations in CABA.

Suerte,

Rock Harders.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAndStein  [View Original Post]
    Opening the doors before resolving the issues over the closure is a big mistake, very serious, but a few bucks should make it all cozy again.

At worst I would imagine they reopen under a new name, new SRL. Habilitacion might take a while, but as always a few mangos to grease the wheels and it could be just a few months.

Also guaranteed that this group will target other places, but I'd guess Newport as being way down the list.

No matter, there will always be another place opening to replace the ones closed.

Prohibitionists just never learn.
    Mongers-.

A new place could in fact open in the Madahos / Black locations very easily under a different name, corporate entity, and format. As soon as the new corporate entity is ready to go (whether it be SRL, SA, or whatever they choose to do) they could get a cafe / bar license (which allows full alcohol sales but limited food) in ONE DAY as that is an AUTOMATIC license that requires no previous inspections prior to opening the doors. Any new facility would be hard to shut down as long as it operated as a freelancers place where management exerts no control whatsoever over the girls and accommodates all customers equally (no lockers for the girls, no price differences, no entrance / exit fees). The located is marked and would draw scrutiny but as long as normal operational regulations are followed (capacity, fire extinguishers, cleanliness, paperwork etc) there is nothing the GCBA could really do.

Suerte.

Rock Harders.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rock Harders For This Post:

Just my luck

I've been trying to get to BA for years and finally have a trip scheduled at the end of the month and now this! From the reports it sounded as if the best days for Blacks and Madahos were in the rear view mirror anyways but I still wanted to see them, if only to have a drink and view the eye candy and cross it off the list.

On the plus side maybe this will reset the market. Putas still got to eat and pay rent and they're not likely to get office jobs anytime soon. Maybe some good deals to be had? Interesting times coming I'm sure.

My bet is they re open

Opening the doors before resolving the issues over the closure is a big mistake, very serious, but a few bucks should make it all cozy again.

At worst I would imagine they reopen under a new name, new SRL. Habilitacion might take a while, but as always a few mangos to grease the wheels and it could be just a few months.

Also guaranteed that this group will target other places, but I'd guess Newport as being way down the list.

No matter, there will always be another place opening to replace the ones closed.

Prohibitionists just never learn.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FrankAndStein For This Post:

Only time will tell if they re-open or not. If they don't, I have mixed feelings. Madahos was one of my favorite places on the planet between 2004-2010 or so. But as they jacked up their prices, it lost some of its appeal. You can't expect a good thing to go on forever. One thing for sure, I'm not worried about finding good spots to monger, in BA or elsewhere.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Esten For This Post:

Your opinion if you don't mind.

and only freelance places like Newport will be able to survive (Newport has no facilities for the chicas; all girls in street clothes; no cover, exit fee, or touts and they are actually operating within their licensed purpose which is a Class C dance club upstairs and a bar / live music venue downstairs; as such, based on the reasons given in the article, it would be very hard for the GCBA to justify shutting Newport down permanently).

Suerte.

Rock Harders.
    Knowing the law is often fluid here, do you see DCBA going after Newport anyway? Also given the power of the local Mafia (excuse me, PFA) do you think they will eventually use their power to see clubs like Madaho / Black reopened? That has to be a huge loss in mordita.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddy Rulz For This Post:

Thanks @ Rockharders for the post.

Retired Member

The Dirty "CockSuckers".

Posting Limitations